Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reset training points using gold

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think you should be able to reset your training points using gold and do everything with gold, the prices are outrageous as someone said and not every has that kind of money.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
bravevline wrote:
I think you should be able to reset your training points using gold and do everything with gold, the prices are outrageous as someone said and not every has that kind of money.

True! I feel like why put gold in the game if we cant use it for things as simple as earning training points back. Set it to a sertain amount like 10,000 or 20,000 it'll take time for some to get that amount up but it's better than feeling bad about not being able to buy crowns like everyone else is doing..

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
bravevline wrote:
totally agree

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Sry 4 u.. Crowns prices r not 2 bad- although reset training points IS outrageous! 700c for 3 geez! Although you can buy school houses for 100,000 gold, tht is quite a bit 4 10,000c ($20) I still do agree, there shuld b mor gold things not c

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
i like the idea too what if your a subscriber but without crowns and u made a mistake using your training point and you want it back without crowns cos u dont have any

Explorer
May 02, 2010
I see the reason for making buyback be crowns based but maybe set it to where you can buyback points one by one with crowns or all at once. The problem with doing with gold would be the then for to easy means to create enchanted cards of whatever a player wants.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
compguru1 wrote:
I see the reason for making buyback be crowns based but maybe set it to where you can buyback points one by one with crowns or all at once. The problem with doing with gold would be the then for to easy means to create enchanted cards of whatever a player wants.
Not if they make it really expensive.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
compguru1 wrote:

No, because it's used on the training points you get. Thus, you can't change your main school (unless you can I don't know as I haven't done it yet.)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I definitly would say some of it might be expensive but you know they are a company and they need money to pay employees and keep the game running the idea with crowns was that you could get better stuff if you gave more and supported the game more by paying and thats how every game is i definitly would like to see prices go down but that money is what keeps the game running

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
They could make it like the pet hatching, so the only time you could afford it would be when your a grand master.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Saying that KI has to charge for everything to keep things running is a weak arguement. Most of us pay for subscriptions to play the 90% of the game that is unavailible for free.

Buying retraining with gold would actually help to retain some players who may feel they have made mistakes with their characters, but can't afford to be nickled and dimed over everything.

They could even use retraining as an excuse to add some more content. Have a mission arc that players have to complete and they get their training points back to reuse as they like. Just no more stupid, overly long, tower missions with cheating enemies.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
I definitly would say some of it might be expensive but you know they are a company and they need money to pay employees and keep the game running the idea with crowns was that you could get better stuff if you gave more and supported the game more by paying and thats how every game is i definitly would like to see prices go down but that money is what keeps the game running

The problem with the current system is that they are focused on getting more money to the point that they are sacrificing fun, the good will of their subscriber base, and most importantly, player happiness. A good example is the way the pet system is structured. It's a massive grind, and it seems designed to be frustrating enough that people will snap and spend money. Add the random, uncertain nature of pet talents, and things begin to add up very quickly.

The short version is that they are so focused on money that peoples' enjoyment of the game as a whole is suffering.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:

yea i hate having to get crowns to buy back training points