Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you agree???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
I was thinking about crowns and the stuff that you could buy with them. Well I was having a hard time leveling up and an idea popped in my head. What if there was something like a power up in the crown shop that let us level up if we bought it. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

Blaze Thundercloud Level 48 Conjurer

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
NO. This again brings up the point that some people would be able to "buy their way through the game." It would take away the fun. :(

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
So basically you are looking to purchase levels with real life money. My answer? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is bad enough that people can purchase easier ways to level, and now you want to pay for levels too? Why not just purchase a few level 60s while you are at it? Do you even want to play this game for fun?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
No. People would buy it and have a level 60 wizard in a manner of minutes; and then proceed to whine and complain that they don't have anything to do.

Your levels should be earned, not merely purchased. You already have a potion for increasing experience gain in the crown shop. The ONLY exception to buying levels I'd accept, would be if they cost 50,000 crowns per level. Then it would be acceptable.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you mean buying permanent levels with Crowns, no I don't agree. Levels have to be earned with experience from quests and battling.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
jedi14 wrote:
I was thinking about crowns and the stuff that you could buy with them. Well I was having a hard time leveling up and an idea popped in my head. What if there was something like a power up in the crown shop that let us level up if we bought it. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

Just do your quests. You'll level up when you gather the experience from your assignments. Don't complain and whine about something being too difficult. Ask other people for information, and do some searches amongst the fan sites. Many times, if you do the time to do the research you'll feel better about finding the solution than if something is just handed to you.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
No. The entire point of this game is to level up by completing the quests.

If you are having difficulty, perhaps you skipped too many side quests early on and find yourself struggling in every battle. If so, you need to go back to the simpler worlds and do those quests.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jedi14 wrote:

No Way ! !

That defeats the whole purpose of the game. Follow the storyline, do your quests and sidequests too.

Geez, why ruin a good thing? :?

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Well.javascript:emoticon(''); I think it wont be that good because if you just buy your way through the game it wouldn't be fun any more. Moreover, if you level up by questing you feel like you actually did something.javascript:emoticon(':-)');

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Absolutely NOT, the whole point of the game is to go through story via questing and leveling through XP. If you are stuck, do your quests, there is plenty of XP to hit the leveling cap before finishing the game. NO PAYING FOR XP!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
There exists an elixir that gives slightly more experience than normal when you complete quests. I forget the exact name, but it is in the Crowns Shop.

Even using that takes effort, though. What is the fun in a game if you can buy your way through it?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I agree with the majority, that levels should be earned, NOT bought. And even IF kingsisle did that, then there would be no point in badges, or, if you think about it, FRIENDS for that matter. :?