Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snow angel is to powerful!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
This spell snow angel is WAY to powerful especially with a critical hit plus it's and overtime so its hard to block.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Snow angel is fine the way it is and it is a D.O.T spell (damage over time)
so its supposed to be hard to keep a shield up you just have to adjust to fighting opponts who use D.O.T spells

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
well, being a legendary ice wizard and all, snow angle is not the only D.O.T spell in ice. in fact, the new death spell is also kinda strong and with the right spells with it, it can kill over 9,000javascript:emoticon('');

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
D.O.T. spells have one major weakness about them, and that weakness is an active spritely pet will more than cure and make up for such D.O.T. damage, should spritely fail all one needs to do is cast a two pip pixie or cast some shields.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1. "Snow Angel is too powerful!"

2. PvP Section.

3. Why are you complaining about an optional aspect of the game?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
D.O.T. spells have one major weakness about them, and that weakness is an active spritely pet will more than cure and make up for such D.O.T. damage, should spritely fail all one needs to do is cast a two pip pixie or cast some shields.

I agree that I have seen many very active spritely pets, that have 4 or 5 at once, healing 400 to 500 a round.

But, I do have an ice wizard, and with just 2 blades and my gargantuan, my damage is 1000 or 2000 a round depending if I critical hit. Now, with my dragonblade and elemental blade and balefrost, my damage then goes to 2400 or 4800 if I critical hit, and that is per round!

Yeah, I can't see anything healing you that quickly! And I can't see how anyone can say that ice is weak!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
1) snow angel should be powerful, because ice has had the weakest spells throughout the whole game, thaumaturges deserve a powerful spell.
2) why do you care? unless your in pvp, you want the spells to be powerful?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
WOW, Frost Angel is the weakest of the 58 attacks....
It's 770 added up forest lord is 620

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009

Actually, forest lord and ra are.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I can not for the life of me understand what i just read. That is insane you are the only person out of the millions of players to think that. I mean people that think snow angel is over powered are just selfish. People that think snow angel is over powered are people that look at other players like computer enemies rather than actual players I think your down right out of your mind for thinking snow angel is over powered because it the most underpowered and unbalanced of the 58 spells, to be honest in my opinion snow angel is a joke, they should have just made frostbite target all, make it taunt you and call it a night.
Get this its DoT, use weakness or just shield lol? I really dont know how to help Snow angel is the easiest thing to defend against if you have more than like 1200 health and like a shield snow angel wont harm you lol. I mean I am sorry i cant be that much help but its just i never heard of anyone having problems with snow angel being powerful. I'm also gonna point out how many people would disagree completely against you just read the message boards.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
In PvE Snow Angel is probably the worst of the spells to have since it taunts.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
I am sorry, but this is all nonsense! yes you may say ooh i am a legendary ice wizard I have the spell and all your other assorted
Paravanavia (And yes i am one unfortunately) but at the end of the day face facts.

I am a level 59 ice wizard with 3765 health, in PVE you think I will be scared of that taunt? Definitely not!

For ice this is the best damage yet!!

Now I don't want this to sound mean but all the spells are good in there own ways, the taunt would not have been added if it could not be handled by an ice wizard. Yes, it may seem like a competition to have the best lvl 58 spell but at the end of the day, it's about getting from point A to Point B in this game and for ice we cannot really solo so it's as a TEAM!

Thank you for your time

Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Level 59
Jose Seabreaker

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Nothing is wrong with the spell I think it is just fine the way it is,So that means it must just be you! most likely another PvPers crying.

Michael RedBlood death school

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:
It's 770 added up forest lord is 620

dude its easy to block just put a bunch of shields i can do it

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009

Not if you do it right. I have a friend that can make his frost angel hit over four thousand per round!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
HIVE20 wrote:

Not if you do it right. I have a friend that can make his frost angel hit over four thousand per round!

Yea i mean with out anything and i mean snow angel is the second weakest

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
HIVE20 wrote:

You can make any spell do over 4 thousand if you "do it right".

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
HIVE20 wrote:

he said per round

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
HIVE20 wrote:

he said per round

That just proves my point.