Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The pros and cons of each school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
In pvp many players are accusing that one school is better than others. This is incorrect and i am here to show the pros and cons of each school.

Ice: Ice is more of a defensive school. It's whole strategy is to simply take whatever comes without a glance with it's huge hp and variety of defensive spells in its purest form. It gradually builds up until the time is right to competly demolish the oppostition. The problem is that Ice is sometimes too slow to attack. When going up agaisnt storm for example ice might be demolished too quickly to actually put any oppostition. When going up agaisnt ice you have almost no chance of outlasting them so i suggest you take the initiative to batter them and defeat them ASAP.

Storm: Storm is an attacker. It moves fast as lightning to defeat the enemy in no time flat. All of it's attacks are high damage attacks. Storm in its purest form is to win within 10 moves which is completly opposite Ice's. The biggest problem is it's low health will get storm defeated pretty quickly and the fact is that everyone now packs a shield agaisnt storm. When going agaisnt storm PACK a shield agaisnt it and wear him out with defensive moves.

Fire: This school is a shield destroyer. You can never really shield as it's attacks have so many DOT's(damage over time) spells which destroy your shields. Fire however has no real healing spells or shields unlike Ice and it cannot really attack as fast as storm. Fire merely just weighs down the oppostition with hundreds with little Dot's or builds up for a super helephant. When going agaisnt fire dont try to shield unless your sure he is gonna helephant you. All you have to do is just pile on the pressure on him so he is forced to concentrate on healing.

Death: This school drains your health for theirs. This can really add up because it has so many boosters including death blade, feint, death trap etc.
This means the drain goes higher as the health you get back is half the damage! So for example with a wraith attack if it is boosted it can climb up to 2000 meaning 1000 health back! The only problem is death is more solo. It can't really help others as it is more secluded. The best way to fight a death student is to one hit them before they do you as then if they did any drains before it won't affect there health.

Life: Life is the school that heals. Although the attacks aren't the strongest it can really draw out the game with it's constant never ending heals. It is really good for groupwork as it can heal everyone constantly. The only problem as I said earlier that the attacks are not that high. Sure you could boost them and raise their attacks to over 1000 they still dont match to for example storms attacks. The best way to fir a life student is too build up for a 1 hit K0 since then they can't heal.

Myth: My favourite school, Myth is strong as when it is "soloing" it can summon a minion to help out. Furthermore myth can destroy shields with their double attacks, "cleanse" themselves of wards and remove enemy blades. The only problem is that the attacks themselves are not that strong and if the minion dies they lose half their firepower. WHen fighting a conjurer i suggest to take the minion out first and chip away at the conjurer's health.

Balance: Last but certaintly not least is balance. Balance is mostly a teamwork school and not many strong attack prefering a variety of diffrent school attacks and shield except one attack, Jugdment. Jugdement is very strong with it's 100 per pip attack and can be boosted quite easily. Also balance attacks can not be blocked other than tower shield. However there is a weakness in the sence that with it's traps and blades are plus for the next attacl, not a paticular school. When fighting a balance student pack in some treasure card tower shield if you don't have the real card and keep up the attacks.

Here are the pros and cons of each school. Any feedback will be appreciated. ;)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I have one suggestion for myth. If it is a weak minion, you should kill the conjurer, as when he dies, so does his minion. With balance, you can DISPELL their attack, but not block it completely unless you have like a 10 pip ice armor vs a 14 pip judge (7powerpips) :-)

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
vaneairdbe wrote:
I have one suggestion for myth. If it is a weak minion, you should kill the conjurer, as when he dies, so does his minion. With balance, you can DISPELL their attack, but not block it completely unless you have like a 10 pip ice armor vs a 14 pip judge (7powerpips) :-)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! aaaand.........NO! NEVER count out myths minions! EVER! ever had a myth wizard have thier minion cast a sprite on them right as you killed them? the minion does get a chance to heal the conjurer before the game ends! the minion is first priority! unless you are killing them both at the same time.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Most of this info is pretty inacurate(and outdated) regarding pvp and some of it is related to pve which doesn't make sense in a pvp forum.

And last but not least no not all schools are equal far from it actually. Thier stregth and weakneses are more based on if it's 1vs1 or team battles but even in those scenarios Ice, fire, myth and death in that order are very dominant in every bracket but especially in 1vs1.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
lol, which game have you been playing cause it sure hasn't been this one if you think your descriptions are at all accurate

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I have a legendary pyromancer and i no you said they can heal much. But i solved the problem on mine. Simply just get a treant. You will not regret it.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Hi guys, Sorry haven't been very updated since cl. Anyways back to the topic. In my mind I find that practically the schools are more or less balanced. There is a way to counter each strategy except maybe ice's snow angel/frostbite. An example of beating fire's fire elf/efreet strategy is to buy tower treasures. They come in handy at all situations and any school can do so. Also everybody SHOULD have a volcanic shield from tower shield or some kind of fire shield. I usually stack up on them so that I have time to counter. By the way garret you should NEVER polymorph. Ever. Its basically a death wish because seriously 6 turns without a shield? Not the best thing to have.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Mordikay wrote:
Most of this info is pretty inacurate(and outdated) regarding pvp and some of it is related to pve which doesn't make sense in a pvp forum.

And last but not least no not all schools are equal far from it actually. Thier stregth and weakneses are more based on if it's 1vs1 or team battles but even in those scenarios Ice, fire, myth and death in that order are very dominant in every bracket but especially in 1vs1.

While I agree most of the information is way outdated, you state that the schools are far from equal. What are you basing this information on and how can you back up your claim? How can you say, Ice, Fire, Myth, & Death in that order and that they are very dominant in every bracket? Balance is still in the game, very much indeed & storm is far from weak. Storm is the most powerful and when people realize the value of a WildBolt with crafted gear using Gargantuan, we will have a wild Bolt issue all over again. Unfortunately, most people playing are not bright enough to do the math on their own and would rather whine and complain about things. However, in no way is any school underpowered or left in the cold. The only thing that is left in the cold, which brings up most of the PvP complaints is the fact that Arena Gear is now useless. That does not sit well with the people who PvP for hours and hours on end, losing and losing and winning to get the tickets to get the gear and become a commander to get the gear. Yes, they are left in the cold.

However, that does not explain how you get your order of superiority? Is that who you have a trouble with in order? Is that most complaints in order?