Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
i was just looking through the game cards and all of the spels that you get from the pet are dragonblade for Dec/Jan. why is this?

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Well the same thing happened last year because the dragon blade was used in either beta or early stages of the game and later discontinued. However, as a present to card buyers the dragon blade was re introduced as a gift to people who turned in their cards they bought during this period. Apparently, it must have been popular (i.e. lots of people turned in their cards last year during that time). So, with the apparent popularity KI seems to believe it a good idea to continue it this year.
So, if people dont like it all they have to do is hold off in turning in their game card codes until the pets is over. Not saying whether i like the idea or not, just pointiing out that this is the one good chance that people can "vote by their actions" as i am sure there are a ton of people who do like the dragon blade and dont mind getting the chance to get one each year.
I like it but the reason i am sitting the fence is that it would be nice if the pets they had during the xmas period is seasonal themed pets like deer or cat with hat (santa hat). or for that matter just offered one seasonal card pet for the season you turned your card in like a deer.
I dont feel like saying anything against the dragon blade because it is a really good card when you arent balance.
Merry xmas, happy hannakuh (sry if mis spell), or happy whatever you celebrate to take your mind off the cold weather.
And remember, it isnt when you buy the game card that gets you the pet its when you turn it in. (just saying so people dont get a sock full of game cards and cry because they think all they can get is a dragon blade card with their pet) AND I am sure the blade card is only for regular game card pets and has nothing to do with the massive game card. except maybe affects the pet you get from the game card which i highly doubt but i am sure Zeke will come around soon with his mule to clarify this.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I just think it could be about KI wanting to do less with the gift cards and more with the game. They might be doing special for Christmas.