Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dragonspyre too hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
when i got to dragonspyre, i was level 42, i am life and there are a lot of death monsters there so you might think it's easy for me, BUT IT'S NOT! there are guys on the street most of them have 700 to 800 health but some have 1,000 and 1,100. i don't know if i'm up for that

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
000000000000000o wrote:
when i got to dragonspyre, i was level 42, i am life and there are a lot of death monsters there so you might think it's easy for me, BUT IT'S NOT! there are guys on the street most of them have 700 to 800 health but some have 1,000 and 1,100. i don't know if i'm up for that

My first wizard to make it to Dragonspyre was my Life wizard. I think it was at Level 45. And it was hard. Battles take longer in there too. It isn't a quick hit and you're done. You might want to go back and do some side quests to level up a bit more. But just take your time in DS, and have fun.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You need to go back and do the side quests in the other worlds. You'll get probably another 2 levels, and with them you'll get more health and mana. You'll also be closer to level 45, when you can wear better equipment.

Not doing side quests will leave you underpowered at all points in the game. They shouldn't be skipped.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
My first life there had a bit of troubles at first at level 44 until I got the feel of the world. This was before they dropped the mobs to their current levels and shortened the quests.

For life: blade, trap, centaur (you should be starting with 3-4 pips, a power pip from your wand/weapon plus your normal), so on round three one foe dead, plus one or two pips left. Now, if you did your timing right, and engaged one foe with the timing such that the next foe entered combat on round two or three, you blade, trap, centaur. Victory.

Keep a small deck: 4 centaurs, 3 blade, 3 traps, 3 heals (various), plus wand (as you need the power pip). Just follow the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Student of magic)

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
If the people are to hard get some friends to help. But the gaulents are super hard and your frinds can't port to you.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
yeah beacause i am lvl 57 but i almost done with celestia i didnt do side quests in DS or in celestia that why i am a little bit lower than i should be but celestia gives you in two places 21,000 XP

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
man, i have been not doing the side quests. i was never a big side quest person but i guess when you skip the side quest and then try to go back and do them they give you hardly any XP. :( thanks for your help guys, i will go back and do some of the side quest for mooshu and dragonsprye :)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
DragonSpyre is maybe about HALF as difficult as it was many many months ago. Back in July, the enemies lost a good chunk of health, and the requirements for quests was also eased. Also, a lot of the 'Towers' were shortened.

Before complaining about it being too hard, you should know Life is not a Soloist school by nature. Life does NOT get an attack all spell until Level 58.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I'm not trying to be rude but life does have attack spells Ex: imp, leprechaun, centaur, and seraph. PS: I know there are other spells i was just making a point.

Rylee Jadethief
Master of Myth

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
000000000000000o wrote:
when i got to dragonspyre, i was level 42, i am life and there are a lot of death monsters there so you might think it's easy for me, BUT IT'S NOT! there are guys on the street most of them have 700 to 800 health but.
some have 1,000 and 1,100. i don't know if i'm up for that
I am a pyromancer and there is a decent number of fire foes out there in the streets of ds, it doesnt seem to hard for me, there is just some quests that I think I would like some company on.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 47 pyromancer