Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeletal Dragon: The unfairness to Death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
nilrem100 wrote:
Hey I was playing the game all happy and excited due to me being level 53 because i am closer to the level 58 spell! My best friend teleported to me while i was battling some sharks and he cast a Skeletal Dragon. And it didn't hit all enemies like the Fire Dragon spell! Unfair!!!! We Necromancers get only one hit at the enemy! Pyromancers get to hit all enemies but not us! Plus our Scarecrow only hits 400! We already have a weaker attack on Scarecrow. A wraith is more powerful that Scarecrow. I demand we get the Skeletal Dragon spell changed to a hit to one enemy to all enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Dude this is the best level 58 spell damage wise, i see people do like 2K on the first hit and 4K on the aura hits. The spell is intended to do massive damage is completely FAIR. Also scarecrow, COME ON DUDE, it's GREAT you get health from not one but ALL the enemies. Death is already way overpowered and cheap and getting it to hit all would make death the cheapest school out there, even though it is.
I HATE people who come on here and WHINE about things they don't know what's they're saying.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i don't mind death dragon way it is just wish they added a infection to it say like a 90 percent
and please don't use excuses well crow heals
that is not a new talent like every other school has been giving
as a matter of fact crow was in the beta before game came life
like i said i like the death dragon just like to get a after attack bonus for once

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
My only other suggestion to increase the power of the Skeletal Dragon ( besides the Sun enchantments) is to load your deck with feints, death and spirit blades and skeletal dragons. Then use the feints during the "power stroke" of the DoT on the second round. I have killed many a Celectian boss this way. My only complaint (and it is a minor one) is that you don't get "change" for your power pips. For example: you wait four rounds to use your dragon (assuming you have 100% power pips) and more if you use a spirit blade, traps and/or a feint before you cast the dragon and since the dragon is seven pips, if you got "change" for the fourth pip you would have three pips to cast a sacrifice to heal yourself after the dragon since the dragon spell doesn't steal life. BTW, I often have sacrifice go critical but I also seem to get a critical block to the damage part of the spell with only critical applying to the healing part of the spell. Guess that doesn't happen for everyone but thank goodness it has happened that way so far for me. I think Skeletal Dragon is an awesome spell for use with bosses. Not so hot for mobs.

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
Karibdis wrote:
typical mob 2 blades and a crow? you certainly arent talking about celestia. There are maybe one or two storm mobs that have that low of points, otherwise you are going to be casting a couple and taking a lot longer to kill than prettymuch anyone else in game.
with death blade and spirit blade and my 56 bonus damage (thx to my legendary gear) ive done over 1000 damage with scarecrow. add a death trap to both of the enemies and makes a good 1300-1500 damage. not to mention if i use curse and feint to.

on another topic skeleton dragon does 1010 damage? lol i guess thats the base attack but when i death blade and spirit blade with gargantuan it does over 900 damage and 806 damage each round. does a good 3300 damage not to mention if i use feint

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
nilrem100 wrote:
Hey I was playing the game all happy and excited due to me being level 53 because i am closer to the level 58 spell! My best friend teleported to me while i was battling some sharks and he cast a Skeletal Dragon. And it didn't hit all enemies like the Fire Dragon spell! Unfair!!!! We Necromancers get only one hit at the enemy! Pyromancers get to hit all enemies but not us! Plus our Scarecrow only hits 400! We already have a weaker attack on Scarecrow. A wraith is more powerful that Scarecrow. I demand we get the Skeletal Dragon spell changed to a hit to one enemy to all enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well when you attack scarecrow with one person, yes wraith is more powerful, but when you scarecrow with to or more 400+400=800 it spreads the damage but does more. I wish leviathan could attack all emenies too. javascript:emoticon('');! Nicholas DragonRider Level 59 Storm

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Karibdis wrote:
typical mob 2 blades and a crow? you certainly arent talking about celestia. There are maybe one or two storm mobs that have that low of points, otherwise you are going to be casting a couple and taking a lot longer to kill than prettymuch anyone else in game.

I wish for the new spell, that it had been either a group dot or better yet a single drain. The Main unique characteristic for death, in my opinion, is the drain. other classes have big hits, groups, dots, heals etc and they have modifiers for it that we do not for our unique spells. Life can increase heals with their AOE spell, a couple of different guidance and increase their heal in a major fashion. Storm, Fire etc can AOE's and gargantuan and so forth to increase their specialized spell. Our highest spell now is not a specialized spell. others have dots, and the fire ones do a better job than ours in my opinion since you can not only blade and trap and gargantuan it, but aoe to boost it.

We cannot boost with gargantuan the main spell that truly differentiates us as a class from other classes and that is drain. What we have is a dot that is a lot of pips to cast to damage one mob, and then wait for it to die over 3 rounds. Fire's efreet puts a 90 curse on it so no problem there. Storm, with gargantuan is up past 1200 and heading to 1300 and strips blades. The other classes got some very nice group attacks. For us its just a big solo dot that we need to stay alive for while it does its work, and we may as well be calling ourselves fire. In fact, i will put all my fire blades, traps, and AOE on and see how it does compared to the new death one, and death may do more but it wont be a lot more and it wont be group.

This spell does nothing to celebrate the uniqueness of the death class, that being to drain/heal. Im not asking for a 1000 drain, but a 700 to 750 or so would have been nice.

"Typical Mob 2blades and crow?"
Yes I forgot to say
I always play with a balance or fire partner.
Balance Useally Bladestorms.
and hits ra/nova
Fire takes way to long to hit
I useally use 2 bladed crowns by then.
I never fight alone!
N-E-V-E-R
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :)

I <3 Skeletal Drogon.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
it would be nice if it hit all enemies because with scarecrow if they shield it is worthless- at least if it was a dot hitting all enemies then it would take the shield off first hit- helping big time.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Would you rather the skeletal dragon gives 300 damage to all enemies? If skeletal dragon gives about 1200, wouldn't that just be its equivalent as a group spell? Death is lucky to have such an awesome spell.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
seasnake wrote:
I don't even use leviathan as a storm spell now as its single hit, kills no better than a triton, and costs more pips. Don't complain too much about skeletal dragon, it still is better than myth's medusa.

Good lord, I KNOW! I am Myth, but, with my minions now everything but useless and impractical, I am left with nothing but low damage spells.

Since Medusa's stun barely affects anything other than non-bosses and non-elites, we are left with 770 base damage. For a 8-pip spell, that is the lowest damage spell that I have ever seen, lower than even Death, Life, and Ice, and it is only single-target.

However, I have gotten past the fact that it is not AoE. I use my frog. Why?

Humungofrog is only 4 pips. With equipment boosts, blades, and traps, it does some very considerable damage for 4 pips. If you think about it, casting a 4-pip AoE twice for a single 8-pip AoE will equal to be the same, if not more, damage.

For you Death wizards, Scarecrow DRAINS health, from each and every single monster it hits. In my opinion, that is worth the 'lower' damage, and a fair justification.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
A lot of level forty eight spells only hit one enemy. I have charged up my level 48 spell (Efreet) so it could kill Malistaire in one hit! If it hit all enemys, one attack would finish the battle! What are you going to ask for next? More powerful Scarecrow because it hits to low? No. If you take the time to put on blades/traps/ect. Scarecrow could kill enemys with like 1000-1500 lifepoints! I would know, ive seen it. And with it hitting all, thats a death to four enemys in a CL battle! A CL BATTLE! And how is it unfair that fire dragon hits all but skeleton doesnt? fire dragon is a rank 7. Skeleton dragon is a rank 8. they arent the same "class" of spell so its fair.

With point proven.

Cody RedFlame
Legendary Pyromancer