Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My take on the 7 schools of magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I just threw this together, but here it is! :)

Fire- This school can be very good if you know what your doing. If you use your Damage Over Time spells, you can take down a boss with around 5,000-10,000 health with 1 attack and a few buffs. It is sometimes harder then the other schools because of its low accuracy and being not quite as strong as Storm. But if you do it right, it can do better then any of the other schools.
Main Focus:Damage

Ice- This school might be the most challenging schools in the game. It is because of its low attack and below average accuracy. But it will make up for it with its high health and resistance.
The Ice school is centered around tanking. With its taunts and high health, it keeps other wizards with weaker defenses alive. Because it is centered around that, its attacks aren't that great. For instance, the Rank 3 spell "Evil Snowman" only does about 250-300. While the rank 3 storm spell "Storm Shark" does 350-450.
This is another school that takes alot of strategy to make it work.
Main focus:Tanking

Storm- This is arguably my favorite school. This one doesn't take to much planning (in my opinion). If you like the "pew pew pew!" kind of things and not the setting up blades and traps for 5 turns, then choose Storm. Thats what its all about.
There are 2 big downsides to Storm though. 1. It has the lowest health in the game. 2. It has the lowest accuracy in the game. But other then that, go Storm!
Main focus:Damage

Myth- I like to think of Myth as a survival school like Ice or Life. It is also a jack of all trades type school. It has average health, average accuracy. and average damage.
There are 2 things that Myth specializes in. And those are minions and follow up attacks. Every school has a minion, but Myth has 4. A golem, a troll, a cyclopse, and a minotaur. Also, Myth has spells like "Sacrifice Minion" which allow you to damage your minion to heal yourself. As well as help them by giving them pips.
The other thing is "follow up attacks". An example of a follow up attack would be the spell Minotaur. It first deals 50 damage to the target, then hits again for 445. The downside to these attacks is you have to put 2 traps for it to work correctly.
Main Focus:Damage/Minions

Life- This school has a very obvious focus. Healing. Other schools can heal to, such as Death(sacrifice), Fire(link), and Balance(helping hands). But not nearly enough to match life.
Life has it somewhat easier to level your charecter from levels 30-40. It is because at level 33, Life gets the rank six spell "Centaur". While the other schools get their rank six spells at level 42.
Life is a very defensive school, like Ice. If pared up with almost any other school, they can be unstoppable.
Main Focus:Healing

Death- As you might realize from my username, Death is my main school. It is very complicated with many different kind of spells. A big part of the school is life-stealing spells. For example, the spell "Wraith". It damages the target for 500 damage and gives half of that back to you.
There are also some direct damage spells in the Death school's arsenal. But they are not as great as some of the others. An example of a direct damage Death spell would be "Skelatal Pirate".
Now with the release of Celestia, Death has its very own damage over time spell. "Skelatel Dragon".
Main Focus: Damage/Support

Balance- Balance is a kind of utility or support type of school. But it can also dish out some pretty nasty damage. This school is very complex.
Being a support school, Balance has alot of spells to help teammates, and weaken enemies. An example of a support spell would be "Dragon Blade" or "Black Mantle".
On the other hand, Balance has some really nice damage spells. Say you have 7 power pips, several blades, and a Judgment in your hand. The Judgment alone would do 1,400 damage, plus a Hex, Balance Blade, Dragon Blade, and your Death friend came along and set up a Curse and Feint. Do you know how much that would do?! Well if you don't, alot.
That is what I think of Balance.
Main Focus: Support

Once again this is all just my opinion.Thanks for reading!!!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I think you are very right about all the things that you said except ..............one. You said that storm has the lowest health. my friend is storm and has over 3,000 health. I am fire and have way less. Otherwise THNX for the info.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
kevke67 wrote:
I think you are very right about all the things that you said except ..............one. You said that storm has the lowest health. my friend is storm and has over 3,000 health. I am fire and have way less. Otherwise THNX for the info.
Thanks! And also, maybe your friend is a higher level, or has alot of health in his gear.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Sorry, but I disagree:

Balance main focus: Tearing up anything that gets in your way!

Anyone who insists that Balance is just a "support school" needs to either play Balance themselves or get together with someone who actually knows how to play it.

Logan Skullrider, Level 51 Sorcerer

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
one thing, death gets damage over time after krokosphinx, it's named poison. :D

Defender
May 30, 2009
af6at wrote:
Sorry, but I disagree:

Balance main focus: Tearing up anything that gets in your way!

Anyone who insists that Balance is just a "support school" needs to either play Balance themselves or get together with someone who actually knows how to play it.

Logan Skullrider, Level 51 Sorcerer

Agreed! Balance can do some insane damage if you know how to work the cards correctly.

-Jessica