Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solution to Out of Control Damage.... shields

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Damage is a bit out of control at the moment and now pets are even casting blades on their own while all the new December gift card pets are coming out with dragon blades upon them.

I'm okay with all of this damage as long as there is ample defense against it, but currently there isn't. Level 60 gear needs to be placed into the game that has same school protection upon it as the level 58 gear lacks such protection and is largely useless unless you are lucky enough to be something like ice that has resist all upon it.

Anyway, my idea for shields is the introduction of a zero pip level requirement level 56 fifty percent off damage triple tower shield. This means when you cast it upon yourself you would get three tower shields instead of the normal one. Also at level 56, all the double shields learned from the various schools should upgrade to having around 60 stun block protection on them for their shield types.

These changes makes it much easier to survive for longer periods in PvP play, but also makes it easier to set up level 70 play.

After level 60, double shields could then come out with two or three such shields per cast rather than one. Then for storm tempest could come out to do three turns of tempest damage, dragon could then do sixth turns, ice angel could do sixth turns, ra could do two turns, the myth frog could do three turns, scarecrow could last two turns ,and unicorn could heal for three turns instead of one (with the plus ups and critical hits life heals with unicorn are very powerful already).

The end result would be much more defense for players while higher level players would have huge advantages over lower level players in the arena which is as it should always be.

I submit the idea that with increased damage should come increased shields.
My only caution is that player resistances should not increase out of control which could be the case with ice's resist alls coupled with resist alls on pets.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
There are 2 types of level 58 gear. One has same school resist, one doesn't
This shied would totally ruin combat because people would spam them every turn.

P.S. The, turn half our spells into dot's would make traps useless.

Stop complaining seasnake