Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accents

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Yes. They have American accents. The Ravenwood students sound like middle schoolers.

I was talking about you referring to the accent as "modern-day" American. Last time I checked, people that live in Texas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maine, and California all speak with different accents, but are all "modern-day" Americans. That's why I refer to that as 'newscaster accent'.

The dogs have British accents. Some of the cats talk like the stereotypical New Jersey accent.

I was referring to the cats; their accent and the New Jerseyan accent are different. If anything, their accent is closer to Brooklynese.

Sorry, another spelling mistake. And, enough with this Eastern Europen accent. It's Russian. You might ballroom dance with Eastern Europeans, but I play Call of Duty (whenever I don't play Wizard101). That has LOADS of Russians in it. The accents sound the same. I even know some Russians. They have the same-sounding accent. I know accents when I hear them. I do different accents ALL THE TIME. It's Russian.

Okay, well you can reference people that you hear through a headset (even though no matter what headset or speakers you use, a person's voice is still muddled). I'll continue referencing people I hear and know in real life.

The robots in Celestia sound metallic. That's a robotic accent.

This troubled me and made me wonder if you're even old enough to be playing Call of Duty. I don't know if you realize, but 'metallic' is an adjective that is used to describe appearence, not sound. Something cannot sound metallic.

Defender
May 11, 2009
how is any of it stereotypical? The accents are jut accents. I get the accents in other worlds, because they are based on real places, may i remind you that are set back in time (mostly), and as for celestia it isnt based in a real place. It is based on atlantis. You dont hear any other people complaining about other accents on the game, so give it a rest! its a game built mostly for KIDS. Its the adults/teens(trying to act like adults) who are blowing things out of proportion.