Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
How do you gift items to another player? I have seen people do it. Like mounts and robes and things? Not trading cards. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Your answer can be found in the Player Guide...

Players can choose to purchase an item from a shopkeeper or the SHOP button on their screen, and Gift that item to another player on their Friends list.

Not all items are giftable, and only items purchased with Crowns (not gold) can be gifted. Just look for the little gift icon when you're shopping, select an item and click on Gift.

This Gift giving feature is controlled through Parental Controls. Players over the age of 18 will be able to send Gifts to any other player on their Friends list. Players under the age of 18 will need to enable this feature through the Parental Controls on their account.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
please remember when you ask some one to gift something to you ...
it may just cost crowns to you but the one who you are asking will have to spend real money to buy it...

so ask your self this ..

would i be willing to spend money to gift something of equal or greater value to some one i do not know? now will i go out and do it today?

if the answer to either of these questions is no
then think twice before asking.

if you are not willing to give up your allowance for something to give to some one else ... should they ? you should get the same answer you gave.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The short answer is that you can only gift Crowns items, as Zeke said.

Here's a simplified walkthrough:

1) Choose the Crowns item that you want to gift from the menu.

2) Above the "Buy" button and the word "Crowns" is a red gift box with a yellow ribbon on it. Click on that.

3) Now choose the name of the friend you want to send the gift to. Then click on the "Yes" button.

4) On the next screen, that asks you if you're sure you want to gift the item, click on the "Yes" button.

5) On the screen that appears, click on the "Buy" button.

Your friend should instantly get the gift. If your friend isn't online, he/she will get the gift upon logging in.