Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

doom and gloom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
of all the spells doom and gloom is the most talked about in these fourms i do believe. (feel free to correct me) i think that it is clear that doom and gloom (dng) is just a nusence to all death and life and maybe more. i belive that dng is most likely an anouing topic to read about again but it is rather simple to stop. people come here to complain about things it is why you made this section of the fourm but do realise that if you don't change things the peoplle will still complain untill it is fixed. gnd is only one thing wroung but it is all i will wright about for today.

i do belive that the most fair way is to change dng so that instead of -50% to healing +25-35% to steal cards

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
So you are wanting Doom and Gloom to be changed? No offense, but I disagree. I think Doom and Gloom is one of the greatest AoE spells. Yeah, it is useless in PVE, but in PVP it can be a life saver. It is only a nuisance to the other player, considering Death heals with drain spells. I have never tested it, but I'd assume Doom and Gloom + Infection would completely prevent them from healing as well.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
true it's a small asset to pvp but for most death wizards i'd say that they were let down by doom and gloom. every other school it helps with damage. life it helps with there main skill healling. but for death it only blocks healling. but would it not help our own healling by adding damge to our spells. even just our steal spells witch is what were known for would help us far more than weakenning nourmal healling. i would love an explination to the logic behind making it a dampiner to nourmal healling. i may have just said why it is but i feel that and i belive so do many other death student that a boost to our type of damage would make in to the spell prefered by myself and many other death students.

and you know if you're not sure witch way is better just make a poll section to the website see what peoples opinoins with out long drawn out expilnations like this

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
scentor1 wrote:
true it's a small asset to pvp but for most death wizards i'd say that they were let down by doom and gloom. every other school it helps with damage. life it helps with there main skill healling. but for death it only blocks healling. but would it not help our own healling by adding damge to our spells. even just our steal spells witch is what were known for would help us far more than weakenning nourmal healling. i would love an explination to the logic behind making it a dampiner to nourmal healling. i may have just said why it is but i feel that and i belive so do many other death student that a boost to our type of damage would make in to the spell prefered by myself and many other death students.

and you know if you're not sure witch way is better just make a poll section to the website see what peoples opinoins with out long drawn out expilnations like this

I understand why you may be disappointed, but I still stand by what I said. You mentioned that every school gets an AoE spell that boosts damage %, aside from Life. You're right, but do you really think Death needs ANOTHER damage booster? Death already has the greatest Blades and Traps, so I still believe Doom and Gloom is fine the way it is. :) Damage isn't everything.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i see how you would see that we have plenty of streghtheners but with trap you can A) place on every enimy B)use only oncce and C) could be use accidentaly with a wand spell or D) used by someone else and taken away when you were planing something.

with doom and gloom how it is now it A) is only helpful in pvp B) a cripal to any ally that is not death and C) only wourth getting if you want the cards after getting this card.

if doom and gloom is upgraded than it would A) be usable in a nourmal battle B) be less of a nusens to allyes in a pvp C) be wourth getting or even crafting D) stop/shut down a lot of fourms about it.

(diffrent subject)
i do understand your point of view but i still say that perhaps KI should open a voting area were they send out an email vote tab sheet to members and they just click a box with choices like these and send it back we'd have a verdicte see who is right

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
scentor1 wrote:
i see how you would see that we have plenty of streghtheners but with trap you can A) place on every enimy B)use only oncce and C) could be use accidentaly with a wand spell or D) used by someone else and taken away when you were planing something.

with doom and gloom how it is now it A) is only helpful in pvp B) a cripal to any ally that is not death and C) only wourth getting if you want the cards after getting this card.

if doom and gloom is upgraded than it would A) be usable in a nourmal battle B) be less of a nusens to allyes in a pvp C) be wourth getting or even crafting D) stop/shut down a lot of fourms about it.

(diffrent subject)
i do understand your point of view but i still say that perhaps KI should open a voting area were they send out an email vote tab sheet to members and they just click a box with choices like these and send it back we'd have a verdicte see who is right

Okay, okay. I see your point now. I think an option to vote on this would be great, but I doubt there will ever be one. So until there is, I think everyone should try to view the advantages of Doom and Gloom, rather than comparing it to the other AoE spells.

Personally, I find it useful because I rarely win a match if the opponent is able to heal. This is because I take advantage of Death's Blades and Traps, and go for the "One-Shot Kill". If they are left with low health, Doom and Gloom prevents them from being able to recover. I'm nearly a Commander on my Death, and I find this strategy works best for me.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
as a death, i only used doom n gloom once or twice, very usefull in solo pvp, but otherwise, a useless card, every one has a healing card, and most other people have other healing cards besides pixie(fire=link balance=helping hands death=sacrefice myth=healing minions, and they can heal there minions life=obvious storm=there minion can now heal)

i would love it if we could do the poles like wild bolt had, doom n gloom needs a make over for more damage

true, death has the most powerful traps, and blade, but the traps are only useful on single hit spells, i am sure that ya would need to put up multiple traps for skeletal dragon, so wraith is your only bet for a high hitting card with traps, and curse and feingt are tower traps, they can be affected by all spells, easy to mess up big if ya friend hits, i cant tell you how many times my friend used a wand attack after i put up a feint

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
sinfulones wrote:
as a death, i only used doom n gloom once or twice, very usefull in solo pvp, but otherwise, a useless card, every one has a healing card, and most other people have other healing cards besides pixie(fire=link balance=helping hands death=sacrefice myth=healing minions, and they can heal there minions life=obvious storm=there minion can now heal)

i would love it if we could do the poles like wild bolt had, doom n gloom needs a make over for more damage

true, death has the most powerful traps, and blade, but the traps are only useful on single hit spells, i am sure that ya would need to put up multiple traps for skeletal dragon, so wraith is your only bet for a high hitting card with traps, and curse and feingt are tower traps, they can be affected by all spells, easy to mess up big if ya friend hits, i cant tell you how many times my friend used a wand attack after i put up a feint

You have a good point. Alright, you win. :p I can see why an AoE spell for Death that boosts damage would be more beneficial. My Feints have been destroyed numerous times by other players, and that makes me furious. Ignore everything I said above, I now agree that a damage booster would be great. I guess I never looked at it the way you two have.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Balance actually gets a spell equally bad in pvp and pve: Power Play.

Seriously, you spend 4 pips to increase everyone's power pip chance? With all other schools it worked mostly to your advantage (except death in pve). Power Play is the most symmetrical, it helps your opponents as much as it helps you while costing the most.

Defender
May 17, 2009
enchantressTat wrote:

Seriously, you spend 4 pips to increase everyone's power pip chance? With all other schools it worked mostly to your advantage (except death in pve). Power Play is the most symmetrical, it helps your opponents as much as it helps you while costing the most.

Say you are fire and use wildfire, but there are more fire players on the opposing team? All global spells have a chance to be useless, but Doom and Gloom is the most. I think it should be changed to 40%-45% to all DRAIN spells, that way people won't complain about skeletal dragon becoming MORE overpowered.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
1st The spells you are talking about are global spells not Aoe's.

2nd Isn't lifes equally as bad it boosts healing for booth teams. Maybe the solution is to make doom and gloom only effect the enemy and sancutuary only affect your team ( to balance it out. )

3rd The most commonly talked about spell is Wild bolt ( or maybe its judgement ) and look what happened to that.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
enchantressTat wrote:

Agreed. I rarely use Power Play on my Balance wizard, PvE being the only exception.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:

2nd Isn't lifes equally as bad it boosts healing for booth teams. Maybe the solution is to make doom and gloom only effect the enemy and sancutuary only affect your team ( to balance it out. )

3rd The most commonly talked about spell is Wild bolt and look what happened to that.

Sorry, man. Why are the "global" spells not considered an AoE? Noob question, but I thought AoE stood for Area of Effect?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I would like for it to be changed to! What I think KI needs to do is change it on a test realm and see the replies they get from it! Doom & Gloom combined with infection + infection treasure card you can weaken healing by like 90% which is WAY to much! Plus, a damage booster would be helpful to both PvE and PvP and you can't beat both of those things with just one!

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
wiler5002 wrote:

3rd The most commonly talked about spell is Wild bolt ( or maybe its judgement ) and look what happened to that.

I agree doom and gloom may be useless to some but consider the same for life. ( what is the name of that spell) pretend you were in a battle and you are at low heath you use a ( life spell) to increase your recover but your oppoent uses a saytr that turn. ( back to the drawing board ) but say you have some nice heath but your oppoent has enough pips for a dryrad you use doom and gloom and BAM! barely heals him. And can anyone define AOE and global spells. Gotta make sure this is right fire dragon AOE doom and gloom global.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
jjkl wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

I agree doom and gloom may be useless to some but consider the same for life. ( what is the name of that spell) pretend you were in a battle and you are at low heath you use a ( life spell) to increase your recover but your oppoent uses a saytr that turn. ( back to the drawing board ) but say you have some nice heath but your oppoent has enough pips for a dryrad you use doom and gloom and BAM! barely heals him. And can anyone define AOE and global spells. Gotta make sure this is right fire dragon AOE doom and gloom global.

Please reread nember 2

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
This is a forum about Doom and Gloom, not Sanctuary. Yes, Sanctuary could use some work, but that should be saved for another forum.

This will be my final response in regards to Doom and Gloom.
I believe it should be left the way it is, end of story.
These are my reasons for wanting it to stay the same:
1 ) Death heals with spells such as Ghoul and Wraith. Those spells are NOT affected by Doom and Gloom or Infection. (Also, I believe a Wraith that has been boosted significantly can heal more than a 14 pip Dryad).
2 ) If Doom and Gloom were to be replaced with a global spell that boosts Death's damage, it would be nice, but unnecessary. Death already has the most, and greatest "buffs" of all the schools. Adding another would be pointless, which is why I believe Doom and Gloom is more beneficial the way it is.
3 ) For those that are going to complain that it hurts your own team as well as the opposing: All of the global spells are best used in 1v1. Regardless of which global it is, it will have some sort of an advantage for everyone if you use it in 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. Stick to 1v1 anyway, that is what Death excels at.

Please do not listen to complainers, KI. I have just given more than one reason as to why Doom and Gloom should stay the same. I'm sure others will agree with my post.

Thanks for your time.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
MatthewTrett wrote:
This is a forum about Doom and Gloom, not Sanctuary. Yes, Sanctuary could use some work, but that should be saved for another forum.

1 ) Death heals with spells such as Ghoul and Wraith. Those spells are NOT affected by Doom and Gloom or Infection. (Also, I believe a Wraith that has been boosted significantly can heal more than a 14 pip Dryad).
2 ) If Doom and Gloom were to be replaced with a global spell that boosts Death's damage, it would be nice, but unnecessary. Death already has the most, and greatest "buffs" of all the schools. Adding another would be pointless, which is why I believe Doom and Gloom is more beneficial the way it is.
3 ) For those that are going to complain that it hurts your own team as well as the opposing: All of the global spells are best used in 1v1. Regardless of which global it is, it will have some sort of an advantage for everyone if you use it in 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. Stick to 1v1 anyway, that is what Death excels at.

Please do not listen to complainers, KI. I have just given more than one reason as to why Doom and Gloom should stay the same. I'm sure others will agree with my post.

Thanks for your time.

Dude i was comparing to sanctuary because that is it oppisite of doom and gloom. And i have a death wizard and maybe just cause its me but i see it ok to change to my suggestion. Read my earlier message part 2.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
MatthewTrett wrote:

Thanks for your time.

i think i listed about 9 reasons in an earlyer post and if you want i could list more lus i belieave you gave up and also said in an earlyer post that you wanted the change i suggest that you stick to our side it far more benifitial to all death wizards (witch since you have about 6 spots to make wizards you could consider that just about anyone)

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I was originally stating that a damage booster would be worthless, and that the spell should remain the same, but based off of previous posts I agreed that a booster would be beneficial. I never agreed to it being changed to a booster, though. I believe it should be voted on, to make things fair. I don't play my Death anymore so I'll leave this post for the Death wizards. Sorry for the confusion.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i am amazed with the amount of discution on this fourm but the whole reason was to see if KI would give us an oppinion back so i would like to make a request that KI gives us there own point of view why/why not/magority rule if doom and gloom should be changed. i am still on pro change and i'd love an opisition from the people who really have the final word (sorta) if you say yes there will be no/change back fourms if you say no than there will be more change it fourms. my altimate goul was to get an awnser from you guys and i believe every one would love one too. so if it's grayrose who awnsers or ambrose, heck it could be drake i don't care, a final word would be nice tell us again your view and reason and very likly most here will exsept, or go on a rant why your wrong :D

reply soon
Scentor1

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
enchantressTat wrote:

i think they fix that already but i'm not sure

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
scentor1 wrote:
of all the spells doom and gloom is the most talked about in these fourms i do believe. (feel free to correct me) i think that it is clear that doom and gloom (dng) is just a nusence to all death and life and maybe more. i belive that dng is most likely an anouing topic to read about again but it is rather simple to stop. people come here to complain about things it is why you made this section of the fourm but do realise that if you don't change things the peoplle will still complain untill it is fixed. gnd is only one thing wroung but it is all i will wright about for today.

i do belive that the most fair way is to change dng so that instead of -50% to healing +25-35% to steal cards

Yes actually you have a very good point there, because if you are trying to heal yourself with the fairy spell you get less heal point which in my case i wish it could only be used against your opponet

Alexandria Lvl 49 Ice

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
MatthewTrett wrote:
So you are wanting Doom and Gloom to be changed? No offense, but I disagree. I think Doom and Gloom is one of the greatest AoE spells. Yeah, it is useless in PVE, but in PVP it can be a life saver. It is only a nuisance to the other player, considering Death heals with drain spells. I have never tested it, but I'd assume Doom and Gloom + Infection would completely prevent them from healing as well.
I am a death legendary and it doesnt really help we prefer it to be 25+ death attack or drain spells cause we cant just drain all the time. Sorry if you think i mad i just want to let you know its not really that good

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
death do have some kick but spells but 2 are for anyone and 1 is a balence spell so we only hav 2 exclusivly death powerboost spells only life, death, and balence have to deal with this but at least life's globe spell is a boost to something that they major at, healling we don't have our powers rooted in preventing healling we have it in stealling health thats why we want a boost in power in our globe spell not a weadiner that affects you as well and most of us would be fine with it to just boost our steal spellls it would fit with our power the best since thats what we're know for the steal spells it wouldn't even affect our newest card a boost in the ration of healthand dammige would lickly be fine to instead of 50% comming back in health 75% comes back. i would love KI feedback on this subject it would definetly clear somethings about this all i am also surprised at the responce by all this and i hope they make a fnal decistion about this and give us the anwser,
sincerly
scentor1