Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to revise Snow Angel

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
A lot of people have found Snow Angel to be very inadequate i know a lot of friends that arent happy with it and a lot of posts on the message boards about it we keep ranting it but we havent really come up with something that we can actually change it to i think what could work out is if we took the taunt out, kept the damage the same, but the side effect to the card is it provides a balefrost. It kinda came to me because the quest for Snow Angel kept talking about that the snow angel brought winter using his lantern. So you know it would kind of go with the theme of snow angel

Defender
May 27, 2010
good idea but here's mine so you can tell me what you think
first of all taunt should be taken out as it is useless
second i raised the power on the overtime a little but i kept the base damage anyways here's my idea:
Snow Angel: 100+750 Damage over three rounds to all enemies & Tower shield to entire team
i thought it was pretty good since ice is a defensive school and this could really help in that purpose and the spell can be powerful as well(also for those who are confused on the all enemies part on current snow angel here's the answer, it attacks and taunts all enemies so this spell is quite useful especially with getting off shields)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
A lot of people have found Snow Angel to be very inadequate i know a lot of friends that arent happy with it and a lot of posts on the message boards about it we keep ranting it but we havent really come up with something that we can actually change it to i think what could work out is if we took the taunt out, kept the damage the same, but the side effect to the card is it provides a balefrost. It kinda came to me because the quest for Snow Angel kept talking about that the snow angel brought winter using his lantern. So you know it would kind of go with the theme of snow angel

Interesting. While I like the idea, in the interest of balance and fairness, I must point out that the other Rank 8 spells which are AoE (Area of Effect or attack all enemies) spells do not have an after effect. At this point, I would be happy if they even just added 25 points to the initial strike, or heck, leave the damage exactly the same. I just want to see the taunt go. It's practically useless. Given its "value", I'd be happy if we could just remove it so that the spell animation is less time consuming.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Interesting. While I like the idea, in the interest of balance and fairness, I must point out that the other Rank 8 spells which are AoE (Area of Effect or attack all enemies) spells do not have an after effect. At this point, I would be happy if they even just added 25 points to the initial strike, or heck, leave the damage exactly the same. I just want to see the taunt go. It's practically useless. Given its "value", I'd be happy if we could just remove it so that the spell animation is less time consuming.

I do like the idea of balefrost as an after effect, but that would overpower the spell a bit. But it is a good idea for future spells. Although I don't see anything wrong with the taunt, it is not exactly needed either. So, no bid deal either way.

I would however, like to see the complaints for this spell, because it truly is one of the strongest spells in the game.

I said this once and I will say it again, Ice is NOT Weak, it is only the minds of those that think Ice is!

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
I don't like snow angel. That faceless hooded figure on the horse really scares me. It's a pretty awesome spell though.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

I do like the idea of balefrost as an after effect, but that would overpower the spell a bit. But it is a good idea for future spells. Although I don't see anything wrong with the taunt, it is not exactly needed either. So, no bid deal either way.

I would however, like to see the complaints for this spell, because it truly is one of the strongest spells in the game.

I said this once and I will say it again, Ice is NOT Weak, it is only the minds of those that think Ice is!

Eeehhh i would really have to disagree with you Dart snow angel is really underpowered and its really getting out of hand the problem is we have people that think its ok and its not changed because we have people that like to say oh its a great spell when its not. I take this very personally because i had 11 friends who were ice and they were good friends but 7 of them had left due to the fact that ice wasnt powerful enough and its a problem that is really not being fixed or going anywhere there are actually accounts of get this cyber bullying because ice is so weak it happens to younger players that are ice and well as we see they really are just stating fact so we really cant stop them. Ice has always been under powered the thing is most people that think ice is great are people that arent ice at all and just dont like fighting them in the arena

Survivor
May 04, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Eeehhh i would really have to disagree with you Dart snow angel is really underpowered and its really getting out of hand the problem is we have people that think its ok and its not changed because we have people that like to say oh its a great spell when its not. I take this very personally because i had 11 friends who were ice and they were good friends but 7 of them had left due to the fact that ice wasnt powerful enough and its a problem that is really not being fixed or going anywhere there are actually accounts of get this cyber bullying because ice is so weak it happens to younger players that are ice and well as we see they really are just stating fact so we really cant stop them. Ice has always been under powered the thing is most people that think ice is great are people that arent ice at all and just dont like fighting them in the arena

Actually, I'm an ice student and although I have not yet gotten then Snow Angel, it seems pretty great. We are underpowered, but what we lack is compensated for with defence. I am only level 45 and can face people 5-10 levels higher than me because I always keep my defence up and use DoT attacks. I think Ice is great and the reason why taunt is there is so that Ice can take the whole force of the hits from enemies to protect others. Theres a reason why ice is suppose to be defensive and not offensive :P
Oh and one more thing, the reason your friends probably left was because they weren't patient enough to find the perfect way to use ice. That's why they felt it was too underpowered when you look on the brightside, you last longer and live longer than most schools

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Wow dude, seriously? We need to meet sometime, cause if you think ice is weak, you are doing something wrong. I love when people think I am weak, because the underestimate me. I have enough power I can put storm to shame, that is how powerful ice is. By myself, nobody else to boost me. I don't even have to go into the treasure cards, yet, I can do 2000 damage per round, if not more using snow angel. How is that weak exactly? Oh, btw, this is without feint! lol