Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which world next - GRizzleheim or MArlybone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of Krotopia's quests - Im lvl 25 and will likely be done with all the offered quests by lvl 27. I've already "opened up" Grizzeheim (when I was lvl 20) but Wizard101 just started to download the MArlybone graphics and the crafting quest's next leg is marlybone.
So which is more level appropriate (or funner) -- Maryley bone or Grizzleheim. I suspense it's also possible that it's not possible to do both at level (like wow in which the vast majority of quests are skipped since you literally cannot complete all areas before your too high level)

So I'm looking for advise -- which world should I do next once I'm done with Kroktopia - and WHY?

TIA

Elseer Radak

Defender
May 31, 2010
I originally started doing the GH quest, but after seeing the low amount of XP it awards, I went to MB instead. When I first began playing, getting my character leveled for better spells and equipment was more of a priority.

Later after completing part of DS and getting my level 48 spell, I went back and completed GH. It was so much easier being level 48 and completing those quest. In fact me and a friend of mine finished all of the GH quest in two days. I still go back to GH, I love all the furniture drops.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It really depends on you. Marleybone is the next world if you want to stay true to the storyline, which I'd suggest doing if this is your first wizard. Grizzleheim is a world that gets progressively more difficult, which is why most people (including me) wait until they're at a higher level (I usually wait until Level 40-45) to do Grizzleheim. However, doing this can be frustrating in terms of EXP. Even though the EXP rewarded for each quest rises gradually I found it annoying trying to get to Level 45, but doing quests that only offered 200-300 EXP (the EXP requirement for 45 is in the 10,000s if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong). There's no wrong path, but just be consious of the consequences.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Elseerradak wrote:
Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of Krotopia's quests - Im lvl 25 and will likely be done with all the offered quests by lvl 27. I've already "opened up" Grizzeheim (when I was lvl 20) but Wizard101 just started to download the MArlybone graphics and the crafting quest's next leg is marlybone.
So which is more level appropriate (or funner) -- Maryley bone or Grizzleheim. I suspense it's also possible that it's not possible to do both at level (like wow in which the vast majority of quests are skipped since you literally cannot complete all areas before your too high level)

So I'm looking for advise -- which world should I do next once I'm done with Kroktopia - and WHY?

TIA

Elseer Radak

Well, I don't think I could give you any advice other than to try out Grizzleheim and see what you think. Personally, I love it. I detoured there with my first wizard before moving on to Marleybone. A couple of things to consider about it, however. First, you won't be able to finish everything there until after level 40. Second, the experience reward vs. difficulty is really not proportionate. Its a great place to get loot, but you're not going to get a ton of experience from it. Personally, I found it a great place to force me to learn some more advanced strategy before I moved on to Marleybone. Finally, it is a pocket world. By that I mean it is not important to the main storyline. If you are the kind of person who wants to get to the meat of the story without delay, then you are probably best advised to avoid it for now and come back later.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Grizzleheim is surprisingly tough, just so you're warned. It goes up in difficulty way, way faster than any other area in the game (the final bits actually seemed designed with level 40+ in mind), even though the first few quests are easy.

I would visit Grizzleheim and do the first area, then return to Marleybone and continue with the main quest. Once you're done with Marleybone, jump back to Grizzleheim for the next area, and then on to Mooshu. Generally, keep jumping back and forth, so you constantly stay half a step ahead of Grizzleheim's difficulty.

Also, as has been said, because Grizzleheim has some fairly low experience rewards. The drops are really sweet, though, which about makes up for the lower levelling curve.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Thanks all! I'll take your advise and try them both out, Im no hurry to level

Thanks!

Elseer R

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
I would suggest both. Marleybone was a cool looking world but seemed to drag on a lot. Grizzleheim can get hard at times. Jump back and forth when you need a break or you hit a road block that you're not ready for. Marleybone will enable you to go to Dragonspire. Grizzleheim will not. Too bad Grizzleheim doesn't play a part in the storyline.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Understand that Grizzleheim isn't the natural world that follows Krokotopia. It's an optional world with multiple levels of difficulty. In fact some areas won't even let you in until you're level 30, and some won't let you in until you reach level 40.

Of course, you can try Grizzleheim now, but you'll find that it gets tougher as you go along. Since the Grizzleheim quests give very little experience, you're probably better off waiting at least until you reach Dragonsypre.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I would save GH on the back turner until you are level 40 or higher and just do it on the side. It offers little xp and can be hard for lower levels.
When you finish Krok, and get sent to MB, go ahead and do it and get it over with. If you are like the majority of players on here, you will hate MB and want to just get it done and over with. ( like eating a plate of food you hate). LOL. Then you will be free to move on to the lovely world MS, and can start doing GH on the side if you like.
I did not do GH until I was grand and waiting for celestia to come out, with nothing better to do.
As for MB world, it is best to just go ahead and get it over it, and behind you. Be prepared for no sidewalks and getting pulled in allot of fights you don't want, and you will do fine :-)
It is a right of passage we all must endure

Good Luck

Kimberly SpiritBreeze-Legendary Sorccer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I'd go with the brittish dogs! XD so take mb instead of those bears

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I agree with most of what is posted here except that I would suggest doing GH as you go. If you wait until level 30-40 the first part of GH will be riduculously easy. I would say go in at level 25 or so, do the first section, then do follwoing sections every 5 levels or so after that.

GH actually has some of the best clothing. My Grandmaster death is still wearing his GH robe (can't get that darn death robe from Malistaire!). It is also a pretty cool world! The nordic, forested world is a nice counterpart to the other worlds, especially the brick and mortar of MB.

Have fun!