Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spell that reduces pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
When celestia was in the test realm there was a spell you could learn that reduces your need for pips. It was a sun school spell and i went all over celestia trying to find it. Did it disapear? I really liked that spell and would like to have it in life gameplay. Does anyone know? Thank you

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
shannon13farris wrote:
When celestia was in the test realm there was a spell you could learn that reduces your need for pips. It was a sun school spell and i went all over celestia trying to find it. Did it disapear? I really liked that spell and would like to have it in life gameplay. Does anyone know? Thank you

There were two: Simplify (one pip) and Elucidate (two pips). The trainable versions of these spells were pulled. It is still possible to get Elucidate treasure cards in the form of a boss drop. I seem to recall it was somewhere in the crustacean empire. They are extremely difficult to come by now, however.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
It was taken out of the game because it was "not good enough" or "upsets gameplay too much" or something. *Sigh* Not quite sure why KI took it out.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Simplify - Level 54 - Sun School - Removed because of PVP abuse (Rank 7 Opening turn)
Elucidate - Level 58 - Sun School - Removed because of PVP abuse (Rank 8 Opening turn)
2 Power Pip wands - Removed because of PVP abuse

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I agree. I loved elucidate. It made it so much easier with storm lord. 5 pip lord really helped when I was facing some tough bosses. I know Kingsisle has no intention of getting them back but I wish they would reconsider making it a lvl 60 trainable spell? Even if Elucidate is NOT brought back at least allow simplify back as a trainable spell. its just one Pip. not gonna hurt anything.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
HircineFC wrote:
I agree. I loved elucidate. It made it so much easier with storm lord. 5 pip lord really helped when I was facing some tough bosses. I know Kingsisle has no intention of getting them back but I wish they would reconsider making it a lvl 60 trainable spell? Even if Elucidate is NOT brought back at least allow simplify back as a trainable spell. its just one Pip. not gonna hurt anything.

Simplify and Elucidate are EXTREMELY RARE Treasure Drops, and can be acquired from Wooden and Silver chests in Celestia as well.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
They were not removed because of abuse. Something cannot be abused if it's an available spell in the game. It was removed as it was not a well thought out spell by KI, they did not take into account the PVP factor.

Johnist wrote:
Simplify - Level 54 - Sun School - Removed because of PVP abuse (Rank 7 Opening turn)
Elucidate - Level 58 - Sun School - Removed because of PVP abuse (Rank 8 Opening turn)
2 Power Pip wands - Removed because of PVP abuse

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
KI really needs to figure out how to separate PVP from the rest of the game. So many things that are helpful to those of us that quest, get pulled because of PVP. I never PVP so this is very unfortunate.

KI please come up with a way of removing certain spells, gear, etc from ONLY PVP. That way when we are questing we can still take advantage of those items. Please!!!