Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Useless Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
I've been so busy trying to find two pets that i can hatch together with good talents that will be useful for my fire wizard and now i've finally found them (the talents being fire-shot and fire-giver) only problem is i've hatched them about five times now and for some reason they dont have the same talents as the parents. I keep growing them up to adults and i'd say that only one of those offsprings has had A talent thats the same as one of the parents. I just dont understand this there should only be four talents but instead there's like 10 different ones that have came from i have no idea where! I've tried over and over to get a pet with those two talents i mentioned and no luck, not to mention its always hatches as the heck hound never the firezilla i also use whats the deal with that! I dont know what the problem is but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. And KI people please fix all the misleading information or at least let there be an equal chance of getting one of the two pets from the egg! Possibly let there be a way to choose maybe one of the talents we get just stop giving talents that come from who knows where unless there can be some way to make the pet a baby again and grow and train it where it has different talents than before WITHOUT THE NEED FOR GOLD OR CROWNS, something all of this just seems so unfair the way it is.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:
I've been so busy trying to find two pets that i can hatch together with good talents that will be useful for my fire wizard and now i've finally found them (the talents being fire-shot and fire-giver) only problem is i've hatched them about five times now and for some reason they dont have the same talents as the parents. I keep growing them up to adults and i'd say that only one of those offsprings has had A talent thats the same as one of the parents. I just dont understand this there should only be four talents but instead there's like 10 different ones that have came from i have no idea where! I've tried over and over to get a pet with those two talents i mentioned and no luck, not to mention its always hatches as the heck hound never the firezilla i also use whats the deal with that! I dont know what the problem is but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. And KI people please fix all the misleading information or at least let there be an equal chance of getting one of the two pets from the egg! Possibly let there be a way to choose maybe one of the talents we get just stop giving talents that come from who knows where unless there can be some way to make the pet a baby again and grow and train it where it has different talents than before WITHOUT THE NEED FOR GOLD OR CROWNS, something all of this just seems so unfair the way it is.

1) You have a more likely result of getting the Lower Pedigree / Weaker pet.
2) Sea Dragon (12,500 crowns, or farming Astraeus in Trial of Spheres) is a pet that's useful for ANY school due to the Generic types of boosts it gives.
3) Helephant (received @ Level 48) is a good pet for Fire. As are: Fire Snake (dropped by Boris Blackrock, The Crucible, DS), Inferno Salamander (dropped by Ngozi the Beguiler, Tomb of the Beguiler, KT), and Firebat (dropped by Gurtok Barrier Demon, Ravenscar, GH)
4) From the Hatchery, any pet can get any 5 Abilities from each parent. The unlocked ones are more LIKELY to carry over, but that doesn't mean they will, nor does it mean you will get it unlocked if it does.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Thanx for trying but my helephant is epic and useless since all it has are talents that boost his stats as for sea dragon not all of us have access to a bank account or can find gift cards everywhere especially now in the holiday season. All i know is that before i started hatching like this EVERY SINGLE OFFSPRING had its parents' talents and we're talking about like 15 different pets so thats no coincidence. And now talents from who knows where are coming out which just doesn't make any sense at all because it does say in the handbook that your pet will share its parents talents but its not happening now that i'm trying to use that to an advantage which just doesn't make any sense!