Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Tools, Pests & Titles

AuthorMessage
Gardening Tools
Utility spells are useful for many aspects of gardening. The plow spell removes a targeted plant or dirt pile. The Inspect spell lets you look at a targeted plant's characteristics and progress. The Revive spell lets you turn a plant that has died into a young plant of the same type.

Pests
Plants can sometimes suffer from pests. Pests are annoying critters that will cause it to wilt and die if they are not dealt with. To get rid of pets, you will need to cast the appropriate pest fighting spell. Different types of pests require different types of spells. Pests are ranked and require spells equal to or greater than their rank.

If you have a high enough gardening rank, you can cast pest prevention spells to keep pests away from your garden. You can buy pest fighting and pest prevention spells from certain trainers throughout the Spiral, you can buy them at the Crown shop or you can earn them through treasure rewards. Each plant differs by how easy they are to garden, how long they take to grow and mature and how long they live.

Gardening Titles
As you continue to garden you will earn gardening experience through successfully harvesting plants. There are 10 ranks of gardening:
Novice
Neophyte
Apprentice
Initiate
Intermediate
Journeyman
Expert
Adept
Master
Grandmaster
The types of seeds you can plant may be restricted, requiring a minimum gardening rank. Additionally, some kinds of gardening equipment and spells require minimum gardening rank to use.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Gardening Titles
As you continue to garden you will earn gardening experience through successfully harvesting plants. There are 10 ranks of gardening:
Novice
Neophyte
Apprentice
Initiate
Intermediate
Journeyman
Expert
Adept
Master
Grandmaster
The types of seeds you can plant may be restricted, requiring a minimum gardening rank. Additionally, some kinds of gardening equipment and spells require minimum gardening rank to use.

Um, shouldn't it be Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master, Grandmaster? Those titles seem a bit Backwards for Adept and Expert.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
How do you kill rank 3 stinkbugs. My orange dandelion has this.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
chinanasa wrote:

The third of the six pest spells kills level 1, 2 & 3 pests. I think you can get this in MS from the vendor there.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Um, hey Zeke! Could you explain the gardening spells for "magic?" None of my plants have asked for the magic gardening spells...
THANKS!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
greenguy123 wrote:
Um, hey Zeke! Could you explain the gardening spells for "magic?" None of my plants have asked for the magic gardening spells...
THANKS!

Can anyone help me find the spell to kill Gnats which are a Level 4 pest?

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
morgillofreeman wrote:
greenguy123 wrote:
THANKS!

Rank 4 bread fruits will require magic castings as well as plants requiring enchanted soil. I do not believe the magic "need" is based so much on the plant's rank, but probably more on its species. Time will tell.

I believe I got the Rank 4 pest spell at Mooshu. But I have already trained it so I cannot say for sure. It is no longer a dialogue option for me. I do remember choking on the price ... lol. Gardener's are located in Golem Court, the Oasis, Jade Palace, and Celestia's base camp. If you do not have access to ALL of these places, you might be S.O.L. unless a friend will teleport you there.

Bring your wallet and ALL your charge cards.

I could have bought a John Deere Commercial Grade tractor for what I have spent on "gardening" spells so far. New. Not used. Operator included.

lmho ... ;D.

PS. Don't buy any growing spells (water, sun, pollination, magic, and music)above the rank one set available from Golem Court until they no longer work for you. I am rank 7 and they are handling ALL plants .... regardless of rank or size, so far.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
I have been gardening now since the begining, with 6 wizards the rewards seem to be small compared to the time and gold spent on spells . I belive KI needs to take another look at the set-up.I'm lvl 7 now and find myself fighting to get gold for spells to keep my gardening going.It has been a consideration to stop gardening all together due to the cost and time.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
alex321694 wrote:
morgillofreeman wrote:
greenguy123 wrote:
THANKS!

Rank 4 bread fruits will require magic castings as well as plants requiring enchanted soil. I do not believe the magic "need" is based so much on the plant's rank, but probably more on its species. Time will tell.

I believe I got the Rank 4 pest spell at Mooshu. But I have already trained it so I cannot say for sure. It is no longer a dialogue option for me. I do remember choking on the price ... lol. Gardener's are located in Golem Court, the Oasis, Jade Palace, and Celestia's base camp. If you do not have access to ALL of these places, you might be S.O.L. unless a friend will teleport you there.

Bring your wallet and ALL your charge cards.

I could have bought a John Deere Commercial Grade tractor for what I have spent on "gardening" spells so far. New. Not used. Operator included.

lmho ... ;D.

PS. Don't buy any growing spells (water, sun, pollination, magic, and music)above the rank one set available from Golem Court until they no longer work for you. I am rank 7 and they are handling ALL plants .... regardless of rank or size, so far.

I would like to add a little to the last part of your message that I put in bold. Just FYI I agree with what you have said.

As you gain more exp. and plant higher rank plants, you will need those higher level spells of course. Not only are they costly to get like mentioned above but they also take more energy. So, when you plant your seeds in either pots or prepared soil at a home, make sure you keep your plants together as much as possible. Here's why. a rank 1 pest zapper spell will cost 3 energy. But if you need to kill a rank 3 pest then the energy consumption goes up to 8 and 20 for the higher ones. If you have plant in various area's and they all have pests to zap, then you will consume your energy quickly. Same goes for spells that give rain, magic, sun, water over a larger area compared to it's rank 1 spell. So keep them close together and you can use that rank 3 pest killer spell and wipe out others at the same time with one cast. I learned this the hard way and found myself waiting for more energy or buying a refill with crowns. Just make sure the plants get along and don't dislike each other.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi, I have rank 3 stinkbugs on my lowly dandlion. I was able to get a rank 1 and rank 2 spells. I have checked in MS for rank 3 spells to kill stinkbugs but MS sells rank 4 spells and I am not at that level yet. Please, can anyone tell me where to get rank 3 gardening spells?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Dodgee wrote:
Hi, I have rank 3 stinkbugs on my lowly dandlion. I was able to get a rank 1 and rank 2 spells. I have checked in MS for rank 3 spells to kill stinkbugs but MS sells rank 4 spells and I am not at that level yet. Please, can anyone tell me where to get rank 3 gardening spells?

The gardening vendor in Krok should have the spell you need.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I have a rank 4 pest on my orange dandelion. I can get the spell to kill it in mooshue with the help of a friend. But I can't afford it. this character is a lowly 16 level wizard. A rank three pest spell took half of the gold that she had already. My question is since the plant is going into elder, can I wait until it dies and revive it to start it over or do I lose the whole thing? I am up the creek without a paddle on this one. peony553

just got the red imp pest a rank 5 on another plant! What can I do? I cant even get to krokotopia with out help!

Hero
May 27, 2009
Spend more time questing and leveling up than you are currently spending on Gardening. As you quest, you get items to sell to gain the gold you need to train the spells you need.

Sometimes you just have to stop doing what you are doing and go do something else for a while.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
chinanasa wrote:

The third of the six pest spells kills level 1, 2 & 3 pests. I think you can get this in MS from the vendor there.

actually you get it from the KT mole.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
chinanasa wrote:

get a fly swatter spell from either dragonspyre or mooshu, i forgot

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
How do i get a pixie for gardening? One of my plants likes pixies!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
syngy2001 wrote:
How do i get a pixie for gardening? One of my plants likes pixies!

Ummm, you get lucky and one finds your plants? I think it is just a random event.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
Metroid098 wrote:
chinanasa wrote:

get a fly swatter spell from either dragonspyre or mooshu, i forgot
his brothers aren't in ds and fly swatter is in celestia