Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Holidays

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I was thinking maybe instead of always making you buy stuff for the holidays with crowns you could make a boss you could fight for unique items. But you can only get that item once and once you lose it you can never get it back again.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I must admit, I am disappointed that the vanity items are crown only items.

I don't mind paying, and gleefully purchase crown gear at every opportunity. But vanity items which do nothing to enhance your character costing crowns just doesn't make sense to me.

Granted, you're trying to generate income. But do so with additional spells, better gear, more gear options, a dye shop that's reasonably priced. Bringing a product to market can be extremely expensive, and continued capital generation is a constant issue. I feel as if I'm being nickled and dimed on this one.

Also, I'm a bit miffed about the lack of ability to transfer crowns between accounts in a family subscription. We've got a family member that's decided not to continue to play, but 670 crowns are stuck on that account. Also, smaller amounts are stuck on the other accounts within the family subscription. Unable to be used due to the high cost of crown items.

If you want to maximize the micro-transactions, consider consumables acquired with crowns (ala potions, treasure cards, etc.).

I fully support the lack of ecconomy within the game. It's refreshing not to be reading stories of scam artists and tricksters. But consider some of the more "rare" treasure cards through micro-transactions; or specialty wands. Consider allowing characters within the same family account the ability to transfer more than just treasure cards (which are pretty much unused anyway).

Keep up the great work, and keep that content coming (that's what retains customers).

Kind regards,

Jeffrey LifeHeart

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Another idea would be to have crown purchase specials that gives unique items with crown purchases for subscribers.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
BStorm wrote:
I was thinking maybe instead of always making you buy stuff for the holidays with crowns you could make a boss you could fight for unique items. But you can only get that item once and once you lose it you can never get it back again.

:)
I think they did that for Halloween anyway... there was a special Boss on Unicorn Way; and if you beat him, you got a free Plain Pumpkin Hat that made you look like your head was a pumpkin instead...

I agree there should be more of these kinds of Boss battles; There are, after all, plenty of existing Monsters they could re-paint or otherwise "touch up" as a Holiday Boss...

I hope they do a kind of "Egg Hunt" Quest for Easter! And I have a great Idea for an Easter Pet : A blue-toned Sunbird, namely the Bluebird of Happiness? Or maybe a bunny? If someone at KingIsle feels up to making one?

This is my Opinion; and I am just Voicing it....
:)

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I would have liked to see some snow on the ground and no leaves on the trees since it is winter time.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
WarlockWiz wrote:
I would have liked to see some snow on the ground and no leaves on the trees since it is winter time.

:D
True .... but the Christmas Tree and other decorations are still very cool. I've taken a lot of screenshots for my virtual scrapbook, since they look so nice ...
:D