Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Locked Crown Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
If you pay money for crown gear, should it ever get locked to one wizard without you picking the wizard? I'm a little fed up with spending hard earned money on stuff to use on all my wizards only to have it locked to one that no longer needs it. How about being customer oriented. It is wrong to embezzle from your customers and that is what this is theft of my crown gear. It is useless. I don't fight with a lot of people so I need my crown gear to help me survive on lower level wizards. Now it is uesless. I understand that gear that is no longer available gets frozen, but this gear is still available and should be able to be moved from character to character. BUT it isn't WHY?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
A couple of points:

Several players, including me, managed to go from Tutorial to Grandmaster without ever using Crown gear or needing help from other wizards.

I've never had a problem transferring my Crowns equipment (i.e. robes, hats, boots, athames, wands, and rings) from one player to another on the same account. That's what the Shared Bank is for. If you mean transfer them to other accounts, then no. That would invite abuse by several people sharing one Crowns purchase across different accounts, as well as promoting real-world trading, scamming, etc.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I use the shared bank and have for over two years. But because of some recent update, the crown gear specifically the OverLords Set I bought and that is still sold in the crown shop is stuck on my life wizard. I can't move it to the shared bank to put on my storm wizard. I asked for help and tried to let support know, but they sent me a standard message saying "if it is no-trade item it can't be moved” I’m aware of that. I have been playing this game since one month after its release. They did not take the time to check it out. That is why I'm asking if this is something new or what? I have also been able to get several wizards to Legend without crown gear, but it is easier with the crown gear I "PAID" to use.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I too have paid for crowns, but I don't depend on them to get the job done. That is why I use my skull to figure out what is the best (easiest : cheapest) way to beat someone. I personally think it is stupid to be able to buy better armor or gear with money. I think that the crowned gear should be set to one character. I think that if someone has to pay (with actual money) for a product, then they should REALLY have to pay for it because it isn't fair to those who don't have $75 to spend on a set of armor. I am glad that people have to pay loads of cash to "cut corners". And personally, I think it is sad if a person NEEDS it in order to be better than someone else who doesn't have crowns, because the richer person is just trying to purchase skill that they don't have. Now I know you are thinking about my statement about me purchasing crowns. The only reason I bought crowns is to use it on a broom that can help me move more quickly, not to be better than someone else.

And if you disagree with that, then here is a side note for the real reason behind the update: It is a way to get more money from the customers so that this game can continue to operate while being improved.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Send in another ticket to Support. In this one, tell them:

1) Your account username (the name you log into the game with).

2) The name of the wizard that the Crowns gear is stuck on.

3) The problem, exactly. Be sure to tell them that it's a bug that won't let you transfer your Crowns gear to the Shared Bank.

They will hopefully examine your account and get back to you with an answer.