Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple Round Damage Attacks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
I really dont understand the point in using an attack that does damage over time. I really dont think they are very useful. You could just use a high-hitting direct attack and kill your enemy before it kills you. Ya, they are great for taking out shields, but your wand attack can do that for NO PIPS.
Oh, and giving death one of those attacks that cost 8 PIPS?!? What use is that? You could just use the poison thing or something like that! :?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
HIVE20 wrote:
I really dont understand the point in using an attack that does damage over time. I really dont think they are very useful. You could just use a high-hitting direct attack and kill your enemy before it kills you. Ya, they are great for taking out shields, but your wand attack can do that for NO PIPS.
Oh, and giving death one of those attacks that cost 8 PIPS?!? What use is that? You could just use the poison thing or something like that! :?

Spells that do damage over rounds do more damage and cannot be easily shielded.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
the point of a DOT spell is that is there are shields you can easily take them out then go for the big hit witch is how fire plays and some death out there and the point of death and the 8 pip one is that the new spells are not for the kills they are for the heat of battle that is why they are good to use cause here is a great tips for a fire

1. try to always keep fire elf either in deck or in sidbord
2. ALWAYS ALWAYS double blade that means double up on the fire blade and elemental blade
3. there is no real need for traps when you fire so unless you like to use them it ok
4. before the big hit do an elf then do the big hit

and those or four tips for fire

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
You gave the answer yourself. They are great for taking out shields. Dot spells usually also have higher dmg overall then thier counterparts for the same amount of pips.

Especially if you pvp'd you'd understand how powerfull dot attacks really are.
As for wanding off shields, it's not always you want to use that option if you have already bladed up and then waste all your blades on a wand.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Mordikay wrote:
You gave the answer yourself. They are great for taking out shields. Dot spells usually also have higher dmg overall then thier counterparts for the same amount of pips.

Especially if you pvp'd you'd understand how powerfull dot attacks really are.
As for wanding off shields, it's not always you want to use that option if you have already bladed up and then waste all your blades on a wand.

Now i feel stupid lol. Thanks for the answer, though. :D