Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How 2 convince ur parenhttpts 2 buy wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Hi everyone ;D I'm Erykahfairy. 2 years ago I bought a subscription to Wizards 101, but something really bad happened to my family and I wasn't able to use it anymore. Now everything's better and I could use Wizard101. My parents were really skeptical about buying it, but this is how I persuaded them.

1. Get good grades. I can not stress this one enough!! It's really easy to get what you want if you impress your parents. If you don't get good grades, then you should try your best. I know how it feels to be trying your best and you still don't get flashy grades, so tell your parents this. They will help you. Keep 'em grades up, too, because if your parents are like mine, the minute you get less then a B on a test you lose everything.

2. Help around the house. If you do a lot of chores and stuff, your parents might reward you. I always bring up the fact, when I want something, that I babysit my little brother.

3. Bring up how much you enjoy it. Tell your parents what a good game it is. Remind them it is a safe environment and ask them to look around the site. My dad loves how the site looks and how child friendly it is.

4. Nag, nag, NAG! Okay xD This one varies from parent to parent. Remind your parents about it everyday. They might get sick of you and give in! Also tell them about the price and how cheap it is. If your saying you want the 1 month subscription, then say, "Wow, compare that to a pizza pie. A pizza pie lasts less then 1 day; a subscription lasts soo much longer!"

5. If they say no, don't get frustrated. Try to be creative when convincing your parents if above don't help. Sometimes, I draw my parents a picture, make a presentation, or write a long essay. Commit to it & don't give up on what you want.

I hope this gave the right message to all you wizards who haven't bought crowns or subscriptions! :o)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
A lot of that sounds like manipulation to me, which isn't "the right message" to send younger people.

Instead of trying to connive the money out of ones parents, maybe WORKING for the money to pay for it (e.g. mow lawns, shovel snow, babysit, etc.) would be a better idea.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
How about setting up family time playing together? As an older person, if you play with them, they should get hooked :)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Buy Wizard101? IT IS SUBSCRIPITION(or crowns)! What, you think you can OWN wizard101???Oh, and this is about wizard101, not how to get real life money.Smart.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
A lot of that sounds like manipulation to me, which isn't "the right message" to send younger people.

Instead of trying to connive the money out of ones parents, maybe WORKING for the money to pay for it (e.g. mow lawns, shovel snow, babysit, etc.) would be a better idea.
I don't see how I'm conniving my parents. I'm getting good grades and I do my chores. It's not like every minute of the day I'm saying "buy me a subscription" and I don't say that anywhere in the context :>

Buy Wizard101? IT IS SUBSCRIPITION(or crowns)! What, you think you can OWN wizard101???Oh, and this is about wizard101, not how to get real life money.Smart.I never said I could own wizard101 LOL xD I just didn't feel like wording " buy a subscription" over and over again, sheesh. And I never mentioned getting real life money? o.0

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
From a parent's point of view, [ gives the mom look that can freeze you solid from ten feet away ] I would say that all but the nagging works for me.
I would say that keeping up your grades and helping out around the house deserves a reward.

So here is what you do -

Show your parent around the site. There are many positives to this and safeguards built into it. Then show them the game itself and how it's played.
Now go back to the site and show them the screenshots of the paid areas.

Bring up the fact that you can make some very nice online friends here and quest together in a very safe environment. Tell them that they have full control of what you're allowed with the parental controls. Show them the parental controls.

Lastly, explain that for the price of one subscription, you get six characters. This means that mom and dad can have a little fun in their spare time, too, for that same ten dollars.
Offer them a seat on your account now to try out the game for themselves before committing to a subscription. Chances are good they'll want an account, too. Adults are just tall and wrinkly kids, you know. :D

No nagging, though.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
erykahfairy wrote:
Hi everyone ;D I'm Erykahfairy. 2 years ago I bought a subscription to Wizards 101, but something really bad happened to my family and I wasn't able to use it anymore. Now everything's better and I could use Wizard101. My parents were really skeptical about buying it, but this is how I persuaded them.

1. Get good grades. I can not stress this one enough!! It's really easy to get what you want if you impress your parents. If you don't get good grades, then you should try your best. I know how it feels to be trying your best and you still don't get flashy grades, so tell your parents this. They will help you. Keep 'em grades up, too, because if your parents are like mine, the minute you get less then a B on a test you lose everything.

2. Help around the house. If you do a lot of chores and stuff, your parents might reward you. I always bring up the fact, when I want something, that I babysit my little brother.

3. Bring up how much you enjoy it. Tell your parents what a good game it is. Remind them it is a safe environment and ask them to look around the site. My dad loves how the site looks and how child friendly it is.

4. Nag, nag, NAG! Okay xD This one varies from parent to parent. Remind your parents about it everyday. They might get sick of you and give in! Also tell them about the price and how cheap it is. If your saying you want the 1 month subscription, then say, "Wow, compare that to a pizza pie. A pizza pie lasts less then 1 day; a subscription lasts soo much longer!"

5. If they say no, don't get frustrated. Try to be creative when convincing your parents if above don't help. Sometimes, I draw my parents a picture, make a presentation, or write a long essay. Commit to it & don't give up on what you want.

I hope this gave the right message to all you wizards who haven't bought crowns or subscriptions! :o)

All this is quite a good idea, thanks! :D-- Blaze Dragonfist, level 32