Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

osseus nightreaver

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
they guy is too hard even on test when the henchmen were gone i STILL lost look i'm never getting crowns last time i got sooooooo close 400 health i was low too he uses his natrual attack a hex is on me and i die >.< really? you work pretty hard on something you get so close and you just get thrashed like you don't deserve the reward? i mean 13,010 health i even had a reshuffle treasure i evenn tried tempesting him with my storm cat polymorph but thats were i died in the hex event so i'm not going to do it until he is tweaked to 11,000 health

hunter legendwraith level59 necromancer

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Agreed. I can't seem to complete this quest either. It's not like you can bring anyone in with you either. It only allows one person in, and the others just end up in a different instance.

And this guy is a real pain because the second you throw out a trap, ward, etc., he just matches it AND still gets to cast his own spell. So, I'm not sure how others managed to do this, but it certainly didn't work for me.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Stop relying on your Blades and Traps. Most likely the boss has no resist to your own school, so a few well placed wraiths should do the trick. Pack some Sacrifices, and some sprite / pixie treasures. Use your minion (GASP! THERE'S AN IDEA!), get a pet with spritely or deathblade or deathtrap. if your PET casts it, the boss will not put something on you.

If worst comes to worst, buy some Sprite Minion treasures from the bazaar and try again.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Ok, first off, that wasn't a very nice way to reply to people having a hard time on a quest. Secondly, you obviously don't know what we're talking about because the Osseus Nightreaver IS a death boss. He's resistant to death magic, making it more difficult to just try using our primary school of magic.

As for your other suggestions, I've tried some of them, and I'm still trying to get the right combination of tactics to beat this guy. However, I would rather hear from someone who's actually done the quest and beaten this guy, and not just someone who wants to come on and pick on people who are having trouble.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
i little sup on many death wizards saying osseus nightreaver is too hard i know he death school my death wizard duel him solo with no problem

note still have old grandmaster gear may actally help my death was down to 226 health and still one shot kill him his wraith did over 15,000 in life damage give 9.350health i won duel with full health.

osseus nightreaver he is test you to see your are a real death wizard or not

i know he rougher then malistaire just by little bit he not that hard

William Hexgrove grandmaster in death soon to be legendary

Defender
May 30, 2009
(I posted this somewhere else but hopefully you'll find it useful)

I actually thought he was extremely easy. Do you have any Grandmaster gear or any other gear that gives a large resistance to death? If not, then I suggest you get to farming because I know the GM gear gives you around a 40% resist to death which is EXTREMELY helpful when fighting death bosses. My deck was set with 5 prisms, 5 wraiths, 5 death shields, 4 curses, 4 feints, 4 death traps, 4 death blades, and 4 spirit blades. I put zero healing spells in my deck because I was going to be using wraith. I usually tossed up a death shield whenever they showed in my deck.

I suggest you take out his minion first, and if you have the boosts that the GM gear gives then you should only need a prism, curse, death trap, and a death blade to one-hit kill it with wraith/heal yourself at the same time. Once the minion was gone, I shielded with a death shield, tossed up my prism plus all my traps/blades and unloaded a fully-boosted wraith (It does around 5000 damage) on the boss, which in return, healed me completely. I shielded some more, reset my prisms/traps/blades, and hit him again with a full-boosted wraith. I did the same thing again and he was defeated AND I ended the battle with full life. It took a while to kill him but the actual battle wasn't very tough.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
wolflink435 wrote:
i little sup on many death wizards saying osseus nightreaver is too hard i know he death school my death wizard duel him solo with no problem

note still have old grandmaster gear may actally help my death was down to 226 health and still one shot kill him his wraith did over 15,000 in life damage give 9.350health i won duel with full health.

you don't get it i'm legendary and i STILL can't beat him no matter what i do i can't beat him that is final!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
Heres how i defeated him:Ok, at the start, i took out the minon with wraith. then, i used all the sheilds i had and used wraith, and it healed me pretty good.then, more twords the end, i ran out of spells, so i polymorphed to a cat bandit and used stormzilla, and BAM he was dead.

Duncan DeathDust, 58 Necromacer.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
i argee with the others it is to hard. i have gotten soooo close and he still killed me. but here is a tip a legendary necromancer gave me. get treasure cards with balance blade and either a sprite minion or a mander minion. also use a fully loaded temp with the polymorph then finish him of with a wraith. havent tried it yet but give it a shot. GOOD LUCK FELLEW NECROMANCERS

blaze nightsword 59 necromancer

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
woot. ok this is how i did it. no death spells. i used elemental blade and trape, balance blade, feint, curse, amulet storm circle, then polymprph to cat, storm blade, storm trap, full power pips then critical tempest. does 20,000. try it.

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
poisondeath123 wrote:
woot. ok this is how i did it. no death spells. i used elemental blade and trape, balance blade, feint, curse, amulet storm circle, then polymprph to cat, storm blade, storm trap, full power pips then critical tempest. does 20,000. try it.
i doubt you will survive that long to use all those traps and blades.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
RipShred wrote:
poisondeath123 wrote:
i doubt you will survive that long to use all those traps and blades.

i agree

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Ok guys he’s not unstoppable, I even beat him in under 30 min. I did end up using a 6 pip minion, but he didn’t last long. Also I only got one critical and it did about 3800 to him. I didn’t use a single death shield either. The minion he uses is extremely easy to defeat, so take him out first. Ok now the boss man. The wards he cast can easily be ignored, unless you don’t know how to use your faints, I think they are about a 30%. Stock up on converts cause I used all of mine (about 5). Of course always go for the big attack with wraith, because the bigger the attack, the bigger healing. You equipment should also be able to resist his death attacks, if you don’t have good enough equipment go for the shields. I got down to my last three cards so a reshuffle might be a “just in case” thing. Your only worries are his healing attacks, but only because they are more of an annoyance. Finally go into the battle with a winning mine set, if you think he is going to win he just might .

Wolf IceHeart level 58 Death

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I agree that Osseus ( ) is extremely hard. I am legendary with a high critical rating and a secondary as storm. I have tried and tried and tried to get this guy, and still I die. Also, my computer has a bug so I cannot see how much health he has left. (this applies to every enemy i fight) Killing his minion is easy, but I don't even know if I get his health out of the "'teen thousands." I don't think his normal death attacks (wraith, skeletal pirate, etc.) are the problem. His natural attack (85 death damage per pip) is strong, there's no doubting that. It is exactly the same as Tempest, but Osseus-ified. I don't think some people understand that using a shield, a blade, or even plague can be very dangerous. I have over 2,700 total health, and his +35% can really kill me . My best polymorph is the cat bandit, and whenever I use it, I use, I don't know, cat scratch and stormzilla, maybe with a trap and a blade (2 +35%s!) By the time I switch back, I have an average of 300 health. Also, someone advised me to buy at least 2 lvl 60 minions, life and storm, but I have 5 crowns and am not allowed to buy any more. Osseus is almost impossible for me, there's no doubting that. :-o

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
k i'm replying and fighting him at the same time my way of battleing seems to be winning this is how im doing it (putting convert on putting all my traps and blades on useing my sun school as well as star school the wraithing) hope this helps :) brittany nightshade lvl 59 death wizard

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I actually thought he was too easy. I was surprised that I beat him because I am not even very good at this game.

1. I had the Eclipse outfit and the athames and rings gave me a total of a +60% outgoing death damage. I had no death resistance, but my health never dropped below 1500. If you want to use my strategy, focus on attack and blocking power because you dont need resistances.
2. The only attack spell you should have is wraith. I packed 7 wraiths, 7 prisms, 7 death blades, 7 spirit blades, 7 feints, 7 curses, and 7 death traps. I also packed several shields and a scarecrow but I never used the scarecrow.
3. Once you get in, get a death blade, put a prism on the minion, and wraith her. Now you can focus on Osseus.
4. I used about 4 or 5 boosted wraiths on Osseus. The attack power ranged from 2.5k - 4.5k. For each attack make sure you have a death blade, spirit blade, prism, and feint. Curse and death trap are very helpful as well, but if you dont find them in your deck, dont discard everything to get them. Every now and then you're gonna have to shield. Do NOT use healing spells cause wraith will heal you.

I hope this helped the people who dont have crowns for henchmen and dont have polymorph spells. When I was on youtube, I saw someone use the same strategy to beat him. Her username is labvgirl or something like that. Maybe that video will help more.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
Well, I agree that the health COULD be lowered to 10,00 or 11,00, but what my tactic to defeat Osseus was to build up and kill the minion FIRST. Also, make sure to get a level 60 Life henchmen. So, you could try this tactic and see if it works.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Okay, I used the outfit and spell deck guide that the first guy said, and I finally beat him! It really does work, check it out.

It took two tries, (with the outfit :D ) but I finally killed him. Using curse and feint is best for traps, because the death trap wont work if you use a prism. With the resist the outfit mentioned above gives, the +35s wont be very effective. I highly recommend it, even though it costs over 30,000 gold. I hope you guys will get Skeletal Dragon soon! :) :-) :-o :D

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok, he is not impossible guys. He is so very easy if you have enough resistance. I ended up having 72 resistance to death, plus 31 to death damage, and 89% pip chance. You really can NOT worry about how much critical you have in this battle. Only worry about the resistance and dmg. I had 4 feints, 4 blades, 4 spirit blades, 5 death shields, 5 wraiths, 4 death traps, 4 curses, and two polymorphs for storm cat bandit. Do Not worry about if you have healing spells, because your resistance should make his 9 pip natural attack only do around 200 even with the plus 35% traps that he puts on you every time you use trap, blade, etc. Plus your wraiths will do all the healing.

You will want to get rid of the minion first. Not very hard at all, one good wraith is all you need. Now comes the fun part, the boss that has been beating US? is finally going to be defeated. Do not discard your cards, you should have enough resistance to hold yourself off so that you do not die. Just keep putting your spirit blades, death blades, traps, converts and all that good stuff on, and it'll pay off. eventually you will have a fully loaded wraith. You will feel so good because you will have the lead, and, once again, your resistance comes into crucial play. keep on doing this until he is gone. You might want to have a reshuffle just because if you fizzle too much, then you will get close but you will have to do it again. I personally didn't use a reshuffle, because it was my first time, and I got lucky. I just don't want to have you possibly loose because of fizzles and get mad at me... I really hope this helps all of you necromancers that want the most powerful necromatic spell, bone dragon.

Mark Battlethief level 58 Necromancer :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Hey guys! I had problems with this to but then i went to the bazaar and bought wicked headress idk something like that then chaos armor and then wicked shoes i think thats what it is called. And then that adds up to about 56 damage for death and 72 resist for death and even better if you have a pet with resist :) so i understand if you have trouble but try this although it may cost around 30,000 gold buts skeletal dragon is so worth it and now i am a level 60 wizard.

Robert DarkSword level 60

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Here is what I did...

Buy 1 lvl 60 storm cronie, 1 lvl 60 ice cronie, 1 lvl 60 life cronie...

Then I just sat back and watched.

I don't have time for Osseus Nightreaver's games... I want my skeletal dragon like yesterday

Champion
May 03, 2011
I just beat this guy last night, so it's pretty fresh in my mind. It took a long time, and it was touch-and-go while I looked for my converts, but I got it done. The problem isn't his trapping--that's mostly bark without bite. What I mean is, he doesn't actually cast that many spells. His natural attacks can be neutralized with shields--I put some death shields in my treasure deck, too, and loaded up on them while I was waiting for my converts to appear. He does Feint once in awhile, and that was a bit of a problem, but I managed to get health back with heavily boosted (Gargantuan, spirit blade, spirit blade treasure, death blade from deck and WT crafted gear) wraiths every time. The minion is easy and can be killed in the first round.

Again, ignore his traps, just shield, boost, cast. Repeat until he is dead. He's got a ton of health, so it's an endurance test more than anything. Gear does help--I have 94% power pips with mine, and that makes a difference. He blocks critical every time, so critical numbers are pretty useless. Minions can be useful as shields, probably, but I wouldn't waste a lot of pips on one. Death shields were key for me. Just pile them on, wait for converts, blade up in spite of his "even the playing field" schtick, use your sun spells, and you should be good.

Good luck.

Tabitha Ravenheart, Level 58 Death

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
izzi250 wrote:
wolflink435 wrote:

you don't get it i'm legendary and i STILL can't beat him no matter what i do i can't beat him that is final!

Bro i went to the bazaar, bought the best death resistance armor i could find, and went at it with wraiths. Easiest Battle Ever.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
The key for this battle is pack Death Shields, and swap your gear so you have high-leveled gear with Death defense. When my brother did this fight, he had nearly 80% Death resist without a pet boost or Crowns/PvP/Legend Instance gear. Use Wraith as your main attack, as that will allow you to recover whatever damager you took while setting up. Do this right, and you shouldn't fall below 2/3 max health. Good luck!

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
He is so hard i have tried like 60 times and i have failed a lot and i still cant kill him he is soooooooooo hard! i have used all the spells in my deck and i train in 4 elemets star moon sun life death balance! and i had as many cards as i could but i have the best deck in wizard101 and i had it full of spells and i dyed so hard i got him to 500 health and he killed me at 600 health