Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few (probably) easy things

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If any of these happen to already exist, please let me know; I've looked and been unable to find them.

1. Allow more window size options outside of full-screen mode. Or better yet, let players manually resize the window.

I often like to have several programs running at once while I'm playing the game and switch back and forth between them. For example, I'm playing the game right now, as I type this message. That makes full screen mode rather awkward, as alt+tabbing out of full screen mode doesn't seem to work entirely naturally.

If I don't use full screen mode, none of the options will let me have the game window cover essentially the full screen. Ideally, I'd like the game window to cover everything but the taskbar. Full screen mode gives me my monitor resolution of 1280x1024, but in windowed mode, it won't go higher than 1152x864, which leaves quite a bit of the screen unused. There is an option for 1280x960, but that automatically flips full-screen mode on, which I don't want.

2. Make it possible to switch between accounts without having to close the game entirely.

I really like to play alts, and as best I can tell, the game restricts you to six characters per account. That means I need two accounts. If you want to charge $14/month rather than $10/month for me to play as many characters as I want, fine; that's still not terribly expensive. But having to recheck files for corruption or new downloads or whatever it's doing when all I want to do is to switch from one alt to another is a nuisance.

3. Give some other option for auto-run, rather than Num Lock.

Num Lock is a terrible choice for any game controls. I realize that quite a few games use it for auto-run. But it's a terrible choice in those other games, too. The problem is that if I press num lock in-game, that affects other programs, too. If I tab to another window, I do care about the difference between page down and typing the number 3.

It would be ideal if players could reassign which keys do the controls. But just making some other key also work for auto-run that doesn't affect other programs would be good enough. My personal preference here is the 0 on the num pad.

Administrator
Quizzical wrote:
If any of these happen to already exist, please let me know; I've looked and been unable to find them.

1. Allow more window size options outside of full-screen mode. Or better yet, let players manually resize the window.

I often like to have several programs running at once while I'm playing the game and switch back and forth between them. For example, I'm playing the game right now, as I type this message. That makes full screen mode rather awkward, as alt+tabbing out of full screen mode doesn't seem to work entirely naturally.

If I don't use full screen mode, none of the options will let me have the game window cover essentially the full screen. Ideally, I'd like the game window to cover everything but the taskbar. Full screen mode gives me my monitor resolution of 1280x1024, but in windowed mode, it won't go higher than 1152x864, which leaves quite a bit of the screen unused. There is an option for 1280x960, but that automatically flips full-screen mode on, which I don't want.

Manually resizing the window would cause strange stretching and squishing of the textures. You may want to try running your desktop in a higher res, and then setting Wizard to 1280x1024. I'll ask our more technical wizards to have a look and see if they have a better answer for you.

Quizzical wrote:

2. Make it possible to switch between accounts without having to close the game entirely.

I really like to play alts, and as best I can tell, the game restricts you to six characters per account. That means I need two accounts. If you want to charge $14/month rather than $10/month for me to play as many characters as I want, fine; that's still not terribly expensive. But having to recheck files for corruption or new downloads or whatever it's doing when all I want to do is to switch from one alt to another is a nuisance.

Since you are talking about two completely different accounts (not alternate characters on the same account) you will still need to shut down Wizard101 and restart it to switch between accounts. There's no way around this, sorry.

Quizzical wrote:

3. Give some other option for auto-run, rather than Num Lock.

Num Lock is a terrible choice for any game controls. I realize that quite a few games use it for auto-run. But it's a terrible choice in those other games, too. The problem is that if I press num lock in-game, that affects other programs, too. If I tab to another window, I do care about the difference between page down and typing the number 3.

It would be ideal if players could reassign which keys do the controls. But just making some other key also work for auto-run that doesn't affect other programs would be good enough. My personal preference here is the 0 on the num pad.

Control R is also autorun.

community@wizard101.com