Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why must I be master of all trades to win?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
You know I really wanted to avoid this topic but this is the second time I haverun across this.

Why is it that Celestia REQUIRES you have gone far in crafting AND Grizzlehiem. This is not fair. GH isn't even apart of the storyline its a "side world" and Cafting is about as necessary as mini games. So NOW I have to do both? HOW IS THIS FAIR?

I am a life wizard and if you want to test my skill why can it not be done in the main spiral worlds? Why GH AND in an area that you have to commit time to in order to access. Also, why must I be an adept crafter to earm TP? Come oneven in dragonspyre I didn't have to QUEST to earm my TPs! Now I have to quest for them. Really?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Sojourna wrote:
You know I really wanted to avoid this topic but this is the second time I haverun across this.

Why is it that Celestia REQUIRES you have gone far in crafting AND Grizzlehiem. This is not fair. GH isn't even apart of the storyline its a "side world" and Cafting is about as necessary as mini games. So NOW I have to do both? HOW IS THIS FAIR?

I am a life wizard and if you want to test my skill why can it not be done in the main spiral worlds? Why GH AND in an area that you have to commit time to in order to access. Also, why must I be an adept crafter to earm TP? Come oneven in dragonspyre I didn't have to QUEST to earm my TPs! Now I have to quest for them. Really?

I'm just not doing that it wasting to much time.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
You don't have to craft to win. You just don't get the extra training points. ;) You can't compare Celestia to Dragonspyre because DS didn't add three new schools of magic. With all the new spells, there had to be a way to get extra TPs. You may not like it but do you really think the extra training points should be free or easy? I'd rather craft some stuff than have to find a bunch of lizards, clams, etc. anyway.

And the fact that Grizzleheim was a side world doesn't mean that they could never ever make part of it required. And really, if you are level 50+, GH isn't that hard.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yes Nick I absolutely expected them to free. I have never paid for them before and I can to compare DS with Celestia, the schools are another part of reaching that level and the reason to need new TPs but they have NOTHING to do with the fact that we have to litterally PAY for at least two training points. I am not sure about you but I am a long time subscriber and I spend enough money in crowns already having PAY FOR (not earn) points that I normally get for reaching a certain level is not fair.

Its one thing to send us all over the place for training points or even making us fight for them but to have to most litterally PAY MONEY simply to craft an item for a charater makes no sense.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I think the poster is referring to the 58 Life spell quest being in the Vigrid Roughlands. If you skipped Grizzleheim with your life wizard, then you can only get in by porting to a friend whose done it, or do it.

I thought this was quite ridiculous as well. If the spell quest is in there, then you should be able to access the gate to get there.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
It isnt THAT big of a pain. i mean look at the bright side you get a TP! Since i am an adept crafter i am able to craft the tea pot for Ogden. So just buy reagents at the bazaar and look for them in all the worlds. It may take a while but its worth it. :D

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
By free, I meant that you don't have to do anything at all to get them. I.E., Prospector Zeke TPs aren't free - you have to do something to get them. And you don't have to pay actual additional money beyond subscription or buying Celestia to get the TPs in Celestia. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
lol i never finished the DS crafting line i stopped there
i got into Celestia the right way and
i finished it with out having to buy any training points.
i did Zekes quest and ogdens quest and had a couple points left over
from the lower game as i did not finished the second school.
i was careful to train in only the spells i needed and
i am now legendary with the last training spell from my teacher.
i am now waiting for the next world and decided not to leave after several people talked with me .
i now decide to be a mentor to anyone who is level 50 or higher
to get thru Celestia...

this level will be only as hard as you make it

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I believe the poster is referring to the fact that you have to use your gold to do Ogden's last quest. It isn't necessary to do it. It does state that you have to craft it before you accept it.

the other two quest requires you to obtain items which you may fight to get.

I am not certain about the life spell. My life isn't there yet. I don't think it is fair that the level 58 for life is in GH either. I chose not to do that world, because I didn't enjoy it with my myth. I think it should have been in one of the main storyline worlds instead.

Hero
May 27, 2009
What's the matter with a well-rounded wizard? You only need to be an Adept Crafter, not a Master Artisan. This is the last training point you can get from Ogden, so if you don't want to earn it, just go on and finish without it. It certainly doesn't stop you from "winning" the game.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Come on! It's not even hard to become an Adept Crafter! All the crafting quests are easy! Expept the DS and CL ones. But I finished that Training Point quest in like 5 minutes.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
hobi wrote:
lol i never finished the DS crafting line i stopped there
i got into Celestia the right way and
i finished it with out having to buy any training points.
i did Zekes quest and ogdens quest and had a couple points left over
from the lower game as i did not finished the second school.
i was careful to train in only the spells i needed and
i am now legendary with the last training spell from my teacher.
i am now waiting for the next world and decided not to leave after several people talked with me .
i now decide to be a mentor to anyone who is level 50 or higher
to get thru Celestia...

this level will be only as hard as you make it

What in the world are you talking about?
I never said it was hard to get. I said that is unfair that now I litterally have to PAY MONEY to get them. The 52, 54 and 56 training points are all crafting. Not just running here or there they all require ingredients that unless you just happen to have, will cost you real M O N E Y.

And up until now this is the first time we had to PAY not earn training points and i can't believe I am the only one who finds this odd - to say the very least.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Come on! It's not even hard to become an Adept Crafter! All the crafting quests are easy! Expept the DS and CL ones. But I finished that Training Point quest in like 5 minutes.
you know what will it isn't hard and the items aren't that expensive to buy but its the principle of this. Its not cool to ask us to spend gold (which by the way you either earn or buy with crowns) its not fair that I am forced to craft.

I honestly found it boring, and I completed it twice but now I have to level as a crafter for four more GMs and come on! Is that really necessary at this point? These side quests are interesting (somewhat) but until now they were not at all something i was interested in doing nor necessary to complete the game. Now you have to make sure you complete them. and please some of the spells were not easy to acquire material for.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
The only real money you have to pay is the subscription money. You should have enough gold in game to buy enough reagents to get to adept crafter, and if you don't, you can always just look around for reagents in the game. You are complaining that too much time is spent in crafting to get an extra TP, but really you have to spend quite a bit of time in the game to get up to CL and get those crafting quests. I'm not quite sure what you are saying about Grizzleheim, every world has a Zeke quest, every Zeke quest gives a TP. Should Grizzleheim not have a Zeke quest just because its a side world? None of my characters have even got any of the Astral spells anyways, and my Storm Legendary had 7 TP when he came to CL. You really don't need them.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
1) You don't have to CRAFT for the 52 or 54 Ogden quests. These Training Point quests, like the Zeke quests, are Side Quests.
2) You only have to complete the Level 20 area and enter the level 25 Area for the Life level 58 quest. This is no different from Life having had to go through Sunken City for Level 38, except the boss we fight is MUCH more difficult this time around.
3) You only have to be an Adept Crafter to purchase the Tea Set recipe for the Level 56 Ogden Quest. Again, this is a SIDE QUEST, and doesn't REQUIRE you to do it.

Please stop whining. Content is content. If you don't do your side quests and crafting quests, its not KI's fault you're under leveled, and you have no right to be demanding extra content, as you have a TON of content left to do.