Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khai Tengri needs change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2010
KI...Im an adult that recently started playing Wiz101. Since that time I have gotten 2 other adult friends to play because I have loved this game so much. Heres my issue... one of my friends is currently Storm class and just got the lvl 58 card quest. I completed mine for Life school easy breezy and was allowed to have friends help. He, on the other hand, has to do it ALONE, the boss CHEATS, has a minion, and cannot be critted on, all this on top of the fact that Storm school has the lowest health in the game.

If your intent with this boss was to - level the playing field- then you should at least let the player have one friend assist them if you are going to demand that everything else is stacked against them.

I find this boss to be completely impossible for the majority of players. If your goal here was to make it so that almost everyone in Storm school DOESNT have it...well then youve succeeded but it really makes me sad that you have made a fun game up to this point totally nasty for someone who has worked just has hard as others and cannot obtain a reward well deserved.

Please consider changing the perimeters for this quest...I dont find it to be anywhere near the same difficulty of the other quest lines.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Dude chill tell your friend to just summon some henchmen thats how i beat him i suggest a lvl 60 death myth and life. Glad i could help bye :D

Hero
May 27, 2009
If your friend doesn't have crowns, tell him to use his storm minion -- he may not think he gets much help, but actually the adjusted minion is very useful and can even cast sprite. If he has three or four summoning cards in his deck, he can replace the minion if it gets defeated.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2010
Thank you for the replies but he already tried to get the henchmen and was unable to purchase them with just crowns. They require PVP points as well if im not mistaken of which he has none and doesnt like to do PVP. And if thats what it requires to complete thats still not a fair situation...maybe some ppl really cant afford to buy crowns just to spend on defeating a boss.

Henchmen do NOT require a PvP rank.
You may have been unable to purchase the henchmen because they can only be purchased while you are in a duel. When it is your turn in a duel, click the Crowns button and select the Henchman you would like to join you.

Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased while you are in combat. They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter. They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

tdp0711 wrote:
Thank you for the replies but he already tried to get the henchmen and was unable to purchase them with just crowns. They require PVP points as well if im not mistaken of which he has none and doesnt like to do PVP. And if thats what it requires to complete thats still not a fair situation...maybe some ppl really cant afford to buy crowns just to spend on defeating a boss.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I have 5 Legendary wizards, so I have fought 5 bosses for their spells.

Although they are hard the first time you go in as you don't know what they will do, you learn from this experience.

Yes the bosses don't like you putting on shields and blades, but put them on anyways. Continue to put them on round after round as the boss will not hit you each time, so you can build up a supply of them, when you have a few on you, then use the next rounds to blade up. Even if the boss hits, you, you have a shield to lower the damage, then next round put another shield on to replace.

Once you have a blade and trap no the bosses minion, hit him and get rid of him.

Now, summon a minion, a minion is very effective in this fight. It will throw a few heals on you, possibly shield you and trap the boss.

This is true of all the bosses. I'm not sure why they allowed life to have help, especially when life and spam out heal after heal, this really should be changed to keep some integrity.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I have took my storm against this boss and defeated him the first time. Admittedly I had some advice from a friend.

Here is my advice, use your blades and damage bubble.
Your first attack should take out the minion while doing damage to the boss also.
After this, then heal, blade, and used a large attack to take out the boss.

I don't want to spoil all of it, but most should be able to figure out the spells they need.

A class minion dies too quickly to be too much help I believe.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Ciaro wrote:
I have took my storm against this boss and defeated him the first time. Admittedly I had some advice from a friend.

Here is my advice, use your blades and damage bubble.
Your first attack should take out the minion while doing damage to the boss also.
After this, then heal, blade, and used a large attack to take out the boss.

I don't want to spoil all of it, but most should be able to figure out the spells they need.

A class minion dies too quickly to be too much help I believe.

That's why you don't summon the minion until after the minion is dead. If you wait, then the boss will only focus on you, any damage the minion does won't attract enough attention for the boss to strike and kill him.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i back Zeke i got my 58th level spell in a solo bout with e 16,00 k krok and his side kick and i got henchmen to help
might i suggest getting life , balance .and a death all level 60

as he is storm you do not want a storm henchman or it will use your traps

life will often heal if you talk nice to it and balance will provide those wonderful blades that will boost your attack spells and death well death will just suck the life right out of them for ya...

go in see what school they are from and get the shields to block get some monstrous treasure cards to boost your attacks and a few elemental blades and traps then just have a good old time oh yea the amplify is a wonder help too