Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is celestia SO easy?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
As a solo ice wizard, I found Celestia nicely challenging. I had a few friends help from time to time, but usually I was alone. The grandmaster crafting quest is crazy, but I think it should be at this level. Now, everyone log off so I can farm stone blocks, please!

I do have a question-I was away for a few months, and now that I am back, I am noticing a lot of level 40 and lower wizards meandering around Celestia. Did the level cap change, or are there mega port-ers out and about? As a level 60, I usually don't have issues with a lower level joining a battle, but I think it's going to lead to trouble. The lower level gear is not made to handle Celestia, and lower level wizards are dropping like flies.

I'm not kidding about the stone blocks. :p

Erin Ice Weaver

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Maybe CL is easy NOW, but months ago when it first went live, it was anything but. For example, the fire crabs in the survey camp. I was there the first day it opened, mind you. But when we had to do the quest to defeat them, they would throw a firezilla at you one after the other on the first round, leaving you with like 800 health to finish the battle. Half the time you lost the battle (well, maybe not exactly HALF, but it sure felt that way). After so many complaints about that, they made it to where the enemies give you a round or two of shield throwing so that you can prepare for it. I learned a strategy that worked for me, and I can hold my own with most enemies there, but I still have trouble soloing with the bosses.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
mpork wrote:
Celestia is so hard to get into by beating The Warehouse. I have beaten cl and there has been nothing harder than The Warehouse and even the Trial of The Spheres is not as hard as The Warehouse. I could not even beat The Warehouse until i was above a 58 and it takes around 3-6 hours and the fastest i have ever done it in is 3 hours with 2 storms and a life. I have beaten The Trial of The Spheres 40 times and i have beaten it alone three times already because the bosses are not even hard. The first time i beat it when i was a 57 i beat the first 2 bosses ALONE. I mean i think it should be a LITTLE harder. :)

I hope you understand how offensive this post will be, and is, to those who had to crawl through monster by monster in a massive uphill battle full of frustration, disappointment, and laptop-smashing anger just to get past the Survey Camp.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I'm with Superwiz on that one. I remember those days of despair, and I know exactly what he's talking about!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
mpork wrote:
Celestia is so hard to get into by beating The Warehouse. I have beaten cl and there has been nothing harder than The Warehouse and even the Trial of The Spheres is not as hard as The Warehouse. I could not even beat The Warehouse until i was above a 58 and it takes around 3-6 hours and the fastest i have ever done it in is 3 hours with 2 storms and a life. I have beaten The Trial of The Spheres 40 times and i have beaten it alone three times already because the bosses are not even hard. The first time i beat it when i was a 57 i beat the first 2 bosses ALONE. I mean i think it should be a LITTLE harder. :-)

It this thread reeks with sarcasm, or you actually trying to pass yourself off as serious.

Edited by Professor Greyrose
Links to unauthorized sites are not permitted.
~Lydia

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Actually being an ice player was kind of hard to solo. (no offense) but i did think that CL was A LOT easier than the warehouse. But you do have to realize that the warehouse is full of cheating bosses whereas CL, when the bosses have SOOOOO many power pips to start And well said MikeStrath! :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This entire thread right here is nothing but a huge troll of smoke. I don't understand why people even replied to it in the first place.

It is incredibly obvious that the OP is just a wanna-be in need of attention.

Edited: spelling correction. (Embarrassing)

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
krissylouise wrote:
My experience in CL was a challenge at first I am now lvl 59 balance grandmaster once I scored the RA spell etc it hasn't been that tough. The only thing i find tough is not so much the lower levels popping in and out but more so the grandmasters with massive egos that start trouble for no reason just so they can feed their egos.

"It's just a game!!!!!!!" Guys just a game......

I know!!! everyone just needs to chill out and have fun not be... bullys rofl ya at first CL is really really hard but as you continue it gets easier! there is hope!!!!!!!

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I agree AND disagree.

I disagree because I remember times where I was scared to death to fight something- I probably wouldn't have made it out of CL without my friends. I'm just not a awesome soloist.

I agree because I seriously wanted more info about the history of CL and stuff. And when I reported back to the Storm teacher I actually said to my friend "Is that it??!!" lol.

I think Celestia is a good balance of fun and strategy.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Well I think about it this way, Celestia is the first world in the new chapter, so I think in a way that celestia is like Wizard city but for the new chapter, so its like a little easier, but as worlds come out, I bet that they will be fun and challenging. Eric Drakegem: level 60 life wizard

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Hello wizards of The Spiral. I do NOT get why Celestia is so easy. It took me 2-3 weeks to finish it.

By the way Celestia is a weird world because its the opposite of what Celestia really means.(Celestia means from the sky).

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
vampires222 wrote:
Hello wizards of The Spiral. I do NOT get why Celestia is so easy. It took me 2-3 weeks to finish it.

By the way Celestia is a weird world because its the opposite of what Celestia really means.(Celestia means from the sky).

2-3 weeks does not mean 'easy'. Were you able to solo most/all of the bosses? Did you not need help for ANY quests? If you can't truthfully answer yes to both of those questions, 'easy' is not the right word.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Just a reminder to the hardcore gamer who posted this....it is a game for children in conception, and while a few of the target group will grow into your shoes as a hardcore gamer, most just want to be able to complete the game with non-hardcore skills.

Nothing against gamers who play all the time (looking in mirror here :) ),

There are also a heck of a lot of adults who come to unwind after a hard day at work...and to have as little stress as possible...yet have a good experience. Most choose this game because overall, it is fairly stress free, and the combat system allows us to stop when the kids or other real life situations arise.

I think if you play this game and pay attention to the designated player-base, you'll realize why CL is set where it is, and why some people are on the opposite side of this opinion and feel that CL is too tough.

On the other hand, if this were just boasting, ignore the above as you will just disagree....

Well said
I think Cl although is very difficult aswell Even as a death who shouldnt have much problems BUT those bosses use spells such as kraken and such on first round i would say it is 2 difficult :/

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
Ok, CL is easy, especially for being after DS, but some parts are HARD. (mostly the Warehouse ugh) but this is a childrens game, and alot of children get easily furstraed and we wouldnt want that. So I think CL is pretty good for what it is

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
It took me 2 weeks to do Celestia. :D. I have nothing to do on Haley, so i usually play on Mackenzie Deathbringer. Celestia, as I said, was easy. But I can't find ANYTHING harder then the Warehouse. I got to the top floor once, but i was defeated, along with my friends. I'd rather do the Waterworks than the Warehouse. I didn't do the Waterworks yet but I'd rather do the Waterworks. :D

Explorer
May 18, 2010
CL in my oppinion is hard for me. When i fight alone i have to worry about healing my self and trying to kill the enemies. When i fight with other people i usually heal them and then i end up getting attack by 4 enemies who get critical when i dont want them to.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Have you ever slept? I wonder exactly how many hours a day you play Wizard101.

Defender
May 06, 2009
I personally think that celestia is currently at the right level of play. Remember this is a kids game and kids will loose attention fairly fast if they get frustrated. For the most part on my life wizard I was able to solo everything in celestia. There were a few fights where I endedup buying a few henchmen to help me through (sorry but life's summoned minion doesn't last against 1 metor). Now let's add some contrast wintertusk I had a few more cases where I needed to summon henchmen but all of the way through wintertusk I was saying words I shouldn't be saying! Granted once I got forest lord on my life wizard it was alot easier but still alot of pain for me in wintertusk.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
First off, that comment was suppose to be sarcastic. Secondly, Celestia, as the final world is suppose to be challenging! It may be stressful for some people, but you don't play this game to be stressed, do you?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I guess I am a 'hardcore soloer', and my description of CL would be 'mindnumbingly tedious'.

I soloed the entire game as Balance, with the exception of a handful of bosses (the WT giants, the four troll brothers...). For more fun and challenge, most of the game imposed the following restrictions on myself:
- no hired henchmen
- no treasure cards
- no shields stronger than the standard balance 50% ones
- crappy dropped equipment (35 level boots at level 50, etc.)

Entered CL right after DS, at level 50 or so. Even with the above restrictions, it was definitely doable, but quickly became repetitious. Got bored in Grotto, so went and finished GH (which I loved), and then WT when it came out (also solo and without henchmen or treasure cards, but had to upgrade the equipment at this point).

Then went back to CL, and out of sheer boredom broke down and got those nice -80% shields. That made things a LOT easier, and then Ra made the street fights go even faster. (An ultracompact deck is key here; most street fights with 2 mobs were reduced to 3-5 rounds each, regardless of health). And yet, even with the extra short fights, I found the rest of CL to be eye-gougingly boring and repetitious, just due to the sheer number of very similar fights.

In contrast, WT felt more 'compact', with a storyline that moved along at a good clip, not to mention the gorgeous artwork. Hope the next world will be more like WT than CL.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
I find CL sort of fun. But then again I'm life! I hate discarding heal spells to find attacks and then discarding attack cards to find heals. I also tend to have wrong gear on. I usually like to wear my gear that gives me 82 life critical and 66 critial block (I blocked every critical except 2 so far) in CL. But FINALLY I got forest lord yesterday. And the boss to get it was HARD. I died 3 times until I realized that I had convert. CL shouldnt be too hard now but its still hard when all the enemies know when your life (I have no idea I'll just get in battle and usually the second or third round they all turn their target on me and I havent even healed yet). I still got more challenges ahead of me, I'm only in the Science Center right now.

Aaron ShadowEyes
58 Life

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I think some people are confusing challenging with mind numbingly tedious. I dislike Celestia. The collection quests are ridiculous! They are not challenging! They are tedious, boring and mind numbingly repetitive. Try doing them on limited computer time. You could spend 2-3 days doing the same thing over and over for three lousy things. Celestia is one long collect this world. I don't think Celestia really fits with the audience or the rest of the game. I did not mind the bosses.

I much prefer Wintertusk. It moves along at a nice pace, is fun and challenging. It has some challenging cheating bosses. It brought the fun and excitement back into the game for me. I couldn't wait to go start playing there.

I sincerely hope KI will make more worlds like Wintertusk than Celestia.

Megan

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
mpork wrote:
Celestia is so hard to get into by beating The Warehouse. I have beaten cl and there has been nothing harder than The Warehouse and even the Trial of The Spheres is not as hard as The Warehouse. I could not even beat The Warehouse until i was above a 58 and it takes around 3-6 hours and the fastest i have ever done it in is 3 hours with 2 storms and a life. I have beaten The Trial of The Spheres 40 times and i have beaten it alone three times already because the bosses are not even hard. The first time i beat it when i was a 57 i beat the first 2 bosses ALONE. I mean i think it should be a LITTLE harder. :)

i agree cl was pretty easy not many challenges its very easy if you have friends who help a lot cl only took me about 2 or 3 weeks

Devin Myth Breath lengendary pyromancer

Defender
May 31, 2009
I'm still currently in Celestia, but I have to admit, it's not that easy.

Since I'm an Ice wizard, it takes me longer to do different bosses that aren't fire.

Everyone takes different time to do Celestia.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I think some people are confusing challenging with mind numbingly tedious. I dislike Celestia. The collection quests are ridiculous! They are not challenging! They are tedious, boring and mind numbingly repetitive. Try doing them on limited computer time. You could spend 2-3 days doing the same thing over and over for three lousy things. Celestia is one long collect this world. I don't think Celestia really fits with the audience or the rest of the game. I did not mind the bosses.

I much prefer Wintertusk. It moves along at a nice pace, is fun and challenging. It has some challenging cheating bosses. It brought the fun and excitement back into the game for me. I couldn't wait to go start playing there.

I sincerely hope KI will make more worlds like Wintertusk than Celestia.

Megan

In agreement, Megan. Although I do enjoy Celestia for the most part, there are far too many repetitive "Did not collect, try again" street battles. That is quite a drag, especially if, like you and me, there's a limited amount of time for questing. I found that it took me 4 days to get something or other from Aquabots and their buddies in the Science Center. FOUR DAYS of battling the same MOBs in the same area; can you say mind-numbing repetition again? There are 3 or 4 areas of Celestia with the same type of problem. AND, I have noticed that there are spots in earlier worlds where the difficulty of getting a drop has increased, too. Methinks it's deliberate...

Wintertusk is fabulous for the frequent bosses and minimal MOBs. I could quest there over and over and over (well, I will, but that's the subject of another thread). It is my hope that KI will make new worlds on the model of Wintertusk, and give Legendaries more of what we want: BOSS FIGHTS, big ones with lots of rules, huge health, evil cheats, and awesome pet, mount, and gear drops

Please, please, please?

Iridian/Scarlet/Rowan/qbb