Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
thank you ever so much for the Sprite Guardian Minion spell i recieved as a life student. all she does is heal herself. :(

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
You can contact Customer Support to ask more about this, but she may be healing herself to keep alive. It may be a bug, my friend said all Minotaur does it Taunt, which makes him never use it. Minions do have a mind of their own for sure. Maybe someday we can control our own minion.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
LuKa wrote:
thank you ever so much for the Sprite Guardian Minion spell i recieved as a life student. all she does is heal herself. :(

That's strange, since my Life Wizard has one also. And the Sprite Guardian he has has used a number of Life spells, including Imp, Sprite, and even Leprechaun (I bugged at that one!) I agree; It must be a bug in the system somewhere...

Would a Professor please weigh in on this one? It's a pretty important issue that needs an official answer to it.

Administrator
I initially thought the sprite minion did nothing but heal herself as well, but Moolinda assures me that she just likes to protect herself before she protects you. She will heal you and your duel-mates, be patient. She pulls from a deck just like you do, and if there are no heal other spells available to her, she cannot cast them.

Thank you, and good adventures to you.
~Professor Greyrose

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
There is a trick to her. Her actions depend on WHEN you summon her!

If you summon her at the start of battle, you with full health, she will heal herself even if you start losing health. But if you summon her mid-fight while you, or any other wizard, has less that perfect health, then she is just the best minion ever. Trust me, this method works.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I've had varied results with the freaky fairies!

And they are, undoubtably the most freaky creatures within the known worlds!

The AI on them can be highly beneficial, and often times overly disappointing.

Sometimes I want to kiss them, but often times I want to chop off their wings and watch them skitter across the floor!

But don't give up hope on them just yet! Bigger and badder creatures await you in your journeys. Some, so difficult that the use of a wittless minion is beneficial.

Sometimes, when 'jump in' "friends" are numerous, we utilize minions as "circle blockers". So they're not entirely useless.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
MasterForm wrote:
There is a trick to her. Her actions depend on WHEN you summon her!

If you summon her at the start of battle, you with full health, she will heal herself even if you start losing health. But if you summon her mid-fight while you, or any other wizard, has less that perfect health, then she is just the best minion ever. Trust me, this method works.

thanks i'll try that! i love the life schools healing spells, like the regenerate spell is cool cause it will bring you back to life if you die in a fight (helpful if yer in a singles fight and in fights with non-life spell wizards) but it did seems like everytime i would cast her card she would come out, heal herself and by the end of the game i'd have like 450 life left and she ould have 2 guiding light shields abover her head and three life things circling her from the sprite spells she cast on herself three times in a row the last tree rounds.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008

I've noticed that Minions are handed out at various levels; but only Myth and Balance have more than one. And of those who only get one, all but two have to wait until 28th level. Why not put them all at level 18, and stream-line the issue? Its not like any of them are any smarter than a pocket calculator after all.

Could get a Professor on this one? Or am I just being greedy in wanting an official position on when Minions are rewarded?

Administrator
NeoStar wrote:

Could get a Professor on this one? Or am I just being greedy in wanting an official position on when Minions are rewarded?

Asked and answered :)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18, 38
Myth - levels 7, 18, 38

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
NeoStar wrote:

Asked and answered :)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18, 38
Myth - levels 7, 18, 38

:)
You probably mis-understood me ... I was not asking WHEN we get them; I was asking WHY the levels are so staggered when having all Schools get Minions at Level 18 (except Myth and Balance, which get them at level 18 anyway) is a much more sensible way of doing things ...

Just curious .... thank you ...
:)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I've played with the Sprite minion in different situations. So far, even mid-battle with 1/2 health, she usually hits herself with sprite and health boost. If she required two pips to summon and I could get her out early in the fight, that would be fine. But if I'm spending the four pips to summon her, I probably NEED her to heal and buff me and my party NOW. Also, most likely I'm using my remaining pips on that spell. To have that level spell go to a minion that heals/buffs themselves for two rounds is too much of a cost.

Is there any way you could modify the rules for her to weigh our needs higher than hers? Or just meet us in the middle and make her use three pips?

I'm not asking you to make her over powerful, just a little tweak to make her worth it.

Thanks.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Hey! Is there any OTHER minion 4 life other than the fairy? Myth and Death have a ton! :(

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
GamerTiara wrote:
Hey! Is there any OTHER minion 4 life other than the fairy? Myth and Death have a ton! :(

Actually, Death has only one minion spell (Athough, it still gives lots of minions)

I would think that one minion is enough for life. They must have given the minion early for you to use her as your own personal healer. But, although this is off topic, can you tell me if you want Death minions to help you 'cause one of my Death minions did an absorb shield on him and one of my teamates really needed it :thumbsdown: I also think that minions can go out of the battle when it's done and help other people that are in duels while remaining friendly.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
GamerTiara wrote:

8)

Here's the break down of when the Schools gets Minions:

Life : Level 18
Storm : Level 18

Death : Level 28
Fire : Level 28
Ice : Level 28

Balance : Level 18 and 38

Myth : Level 2, 7, 18, and 38

I've done this once before in this Thread; I hope its the last time...

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 38, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)