Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opionion: Black Pearl Costs should be reduced

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
As fun as spending hours flipping through realms in Mooshu to get Lotus and Pearls for the DS crafting quests is, I think it would be better if the cost in Black Pearls for these items was reduced by half.

It would still take a dedicated amount of time to get the Lotuses/Pearls needed for these items, while not being quite as punishing of a bore. I understand making it a real grind back when it was the level cap for Crafting, but there's really no need for it to be this way now.

The same would be nice for the Blood Moss requirements, as well.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The whole point of the Artisan quests with black pearls is to make it hard to get the title.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
The whole point of the Artisan quests with black pearls is to make it hard to get the title.

Sorry there is nothing hard about having to spend countless hours running around collecting reagents, it's just TEDIOUS.

If you're doing the crafting quests, I can't wait to see what your comments will be about the stone blocks required for the Grandmaster quest. I've done this now and can tell you it's just a way that KI is trying to keep people in the game longer.

The problem here is with the new critical ratings, a lot of people are realizing that they now have to do the crafting quests in order to be able to craft gear in celestia, this has put a huge strain on reagents, reagents that KI has not thought about having spawn quicker, or spawn in more locations, or give you more than 1 each time you find one.

If KI wants us to run around looking for some of the reagents as they are rarely available in the bazaar, that's fine, but they also need to take into account with the possible thousands running around looking for it, they need to boost the amount available in the game or lower the amount needed for crafting gear.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

Sorry there is nothing hard about having to spend countless hours running around collecting reagents, it's just TEDIOUS.

If you're doing the crafting quests, I can't wait to see what your comments will be about the stone blocks required for the Grandmaster quest. I've done this now and can tell you it's just a way that KI is trying to keep people in the game longer.

The problem here is with the new critical ratings, a lot of people are realizing that they now have to do the crafting quests in order to be able to craft gear in celestia, this has put a huge strain on reagents, reagents that KI has not thought about having spawn quicker, or spawn in more locations, or give you more than 1 each time you find one.

If KI wants us to run around looking for some of the reagents as they are rarely available in the bazaar, that's fine, but they also need to take into account with the possible thousands running around looking for it, they need to boost the amount available in the game or lower the amount needed for crafting gear.

Well, now that I have started the grandmaster crafting quest, I can see the frustration people are having, I don't mind reagents being hard to get, but now it's just impossible.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Black Lotus is fairly easy to obtain in the Tree of Life - there's a spawn point for a Black Lotus on each of the four outside corners (at the "dead ends" on the sides of the building), as well as four in the inside rooms. You are pretty much guarenteed to find at least one Lotus per run, and you can find other reagents (as well as wooden chests) while you are at it.

Just wait until you get to the Grandmaster Artisan quest, and you realise you need more than a thousand Stone Blocks (it takes, as far as I remember, 150 Stone Blocks to make one Sun Stone, and you need 6 Sun Stones... Plus a lot more Stone Blocks for another item you need) for the item that one asks you for...

Keep a Mark near the entry to Tree of Life so you can easily reset your dungeon once you've searched the area for Lotus. Keep in mind that it takes a lot longer to search the whole area (other than the initial building and the eight spawns there) than to exit and re-enter for another search. Note that you might have to change realms to make the dungeon reset properly.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
I totally agree with you on the tediousness of having to get hundreds of reagents for crafting. I spent better than 10 hours gathering enough black lotus and black pearls to craft 2 Cloaks of Weighty Grief. Now I have to craft 2 Crimson Book Stands and have to not only gather more black pearls but blood moss as well. I used the farming technique of jumping from realm to realm and going through the Tree of Life dungeon to gather my black pearls but each run through takes 5 minutes or more. Either they need to reduce the recipe or make the reagents more available.

I understand the need to make it hard to accomplish so that there is some prestige in earning the badges but come on !!!

I don't know if I want to continue after this if it gets more ridiculous as you go along.

For those of you gathering scrap iron here is a tip though, go to Big Ben and go back and forth between Clock Work East and West. On the first floor of each dungeon you will get one or two spawns of scrap metal. Do both dungeons and by the time you are finished the one minute delay for changing realms is up and you can do it again.