Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching clarification, please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
I have a Sea Dragon pet and a Fire Hound pet. I _LOVE_ my Fire Hound's "Spritely" ability (randomly casts heals on me) - just amazing, heals me all the time. But everything else is very death-centric. I also have a Sea Dragon with Spell-Proof (+10% resist to all schools) and Pip O'Plenty (+5% power pip). But the other two abilities (tower shield, piercemonger) give me cards that don't help me a lot. Is the gist of things that if I hatch them, I'll get some random combo of their 8 abilities? Is there a way to "aim" for Spritely, Spell-Proof, and Pip O'Plenty?

I've done a lot of reading, and it's either really unclear or really confusing to someone that hasn't been back very long. (When I played before, some pets maybe gave a card.)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
The Sea Dragon has the capability of getting spritely, so since your fierce hound has already manifested that ability, the hatched pet has a very high probability of having it as well.