Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth gets the bad end of boss "special" rule

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Kingsisle could you please fix a bug when fighting certain bosses where you may not use the same type of attack twice in a row or you get hit by a powerful attack, as when you use a double hit spell the second hit counts as part as the two attacks in a row rule, this makes it hard to use spells like Orthrus.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
While this is a negative side effect to this otherwise interesting challenge.
It should be quite easy for myth to set up a double hit kill that would take out enemy before boss can counter.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Kingsisle could you please fix a bug when fighting certain bosses where you may not use the same type of attack twice in a row or you get hit by a powerful attack, as when you use a double hit spell the second hit counts as part as the two attacks in a row rule, this makes it hard to use spells like Orthrus.

Actually,It isn't a bug.Are you talking about selwyn in the stellarium.He is actually a cheating boss like cuthalla and eelgis{don't think I spelled his name right}and all the other cheating bosses.Also,don't use dot{damage over time}spells.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I haven't been to this boss yet, but can you use a myth prism to counter the effect? E.g., throw on one prism to convert one part of the spell to storm?

Hero
May 27, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
I haven't been to this boss yet, but can you use a myth prism to counter the effect? E.g., throw on one prism to convert one part of the spell to storm?

This sounds like a good plan to me. I did the battle with a myth wizard helping me, and he couldn't use Minotaur or Othrus because of the double-hit. He had plenty of other spells to use, of course.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
miker01 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

Actually,It isn't a bug.Are you talking about selwyn in the stellarium.He is actually a cheating boss like cuthalla and eelgis{don't think I spelled his name right}and all the other cheating bosses.Also,don't use dot{damage over time}spells.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire

I know he cheats, but what I am saying is that since spells like Orthrus double-hit, the strong attack of Orthrus activates the rule.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Yup I hate the bosses that cheat. Well, chat's Celestia for you.