Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
Can someone tell me what has happened to earthquake?
They say it DOESN'T remove stun shields, and that caused me some alarm because i pvp 2v2 with a myth friend (i am storm) and our strategy involves stunning two turns in a row with blinding light then earth quake and storm lord next turn.

But when my friend used earthquake... surprise surprise it DID remove stun blocks...

What is happening there?

Thanks

Mitchell DragonHeart
Legendary Diviner

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I have used it quite a lot and it has always removed the stun shields. I did hear the same thing, but I don't think it has changed.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
the question would be who is 'they'?

the card reads that it removes all charms and wards. stun block is a ward so it qualifies to be removed.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a PvP issue. It belongs in the "Player vs Player" forum, and that's where you'll get more replies.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Phoenix2891 wrote:
the question would be who is 'they'?

the card reads that it removes all charms and wards. stun block is a ward so it qualifies to be removed.

"They" refers to KI. They recently made some changes in the lastest release and one of the rumored ones was that earthquake would no longer be able to remove stun shields because of the chaining.
I don't think that it matters if it is PVP or PVE for the spell.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue. It belongs in the "Player vs Player" forum, and that's where you'll get more replies.

I disagree. Earthquake is a spell used outside the arena as well, and if I am in one of the more difficult street battles in Celestia, it'd be nice to know whether a stun/quake combination would work to gain my side some time. Of course, it is only an issue to me because of the abuse of quake/stun in the arena, but my question revolves around the fact that an announced change in a spell WASN'T implemented as announced. I would like to know, simply, if that was an oversight, a bug, or something KI changed their minds about.

ty.