Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About ice wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Ok ice was nerfed and thats not fair ice was 4300 health and you guys change it and that not fasir and now ice is stuck with low pips and accuacry and ice was not good to start off with ice was just moderate power and now ice hits under moderate power. I think you guys should of left ice where it was now ice is begining to be bad. And now life hits more then ice which was you guys nerfed ice but not lifes so if you can just make ice where it was we will be fine snow angel should hit 900-1000 with continue i thought you guys learned from ds and ms. And why does life and storm has so much power ice should be good and they resist should at least 42% with 4300 that no way to make ice. And why is colossus stronger then frost giant, frost giant is a giant and should be hitting 700-950. What a shame!!!!!!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
qsmooth wrote:
Ok ice was nerfed and thats not fair ice was 4300 health and you guys change it and that not fasir and now ice is stuck with low pips and accuacry and ice was not good to start off with ice was just moderate power and now ice hits under moderate power. I think you guys should of left ice where it was now ice is begining to be bad. And now life hits more then ice which was you guys nerfed ice but not lifes so if you can just make ice where it was we will be fine snow angel should hit 900-1000 with continue i thought you guys learned from ds and ms. And why does life and storm has so much power ice should be good and they resist should at least 42% with 4300 that no way to make ice. And why is colossus stronger then frost giant, frost giant is a giant and should be hitting 700-950. What a shame!!!!!!
chill out bradley dude you have 3700 health in the game. everything is balanced out. you have enough resist and accuracy. do you even know how hard it is to get that high in health? in the test realm my lvl 60 wizard only had like 2500 and he was life! and so you know the frost giant is like a low collosus to all and then a stun you should be proud. and the thing about the snow angel, it has a taunt too and also why make that that powerful? the leviathan is only to one enemy. in fact, most of them were to one enemy. srsly man

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
qsmooth wrote:
huh

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Please do research before you post threads like this, you have so many things to argue in this, I have no idea where to begin.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
Ice is almost the worst school in game and the only thing good about them is they have a LITTLE more life then the other schools. :( Ice has TERRIBLE attack and now even life is better than ice. Ice used to be a very good school with around 4000-4300 if you had good clothes and now i am a 60 and i have 3700 life :(. I think that ice should be returned to life in the 4000s. Snow angel does 760 and even life is better. Storm is also WAY too good i mean triton on the lvl 50 robe is like 950-1000 and leviathan does around 1000 and takes off 2 charms. Ice also is terrible in arena now because we always get pwned by the other schools. The top schools used to be Storm Ice and Fire now it is Storm Life and Fire. I think you guys shouldn't of made ice health lower because all ice really has is life, other then that its attack is bad :(. Even balance is almost better than ice and balance power pips percentage is already 100% if you have good clothes and i almost have my all my clothes and i have only 55%. Also it is SO hard to get lvl 60 clothes for ice i have completed The Trial of The Spheres 40 times and i have still not all my ice clothes :( i have only got my robe and boots. When the new world and new spells come out i hope ice will have a better 9 pip spell. :)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you want more attack, choose Storm or Fire.

Everything is relative. Ice has the highest health and the best free shielding in the game (50% all, and 70% for the two most powerful schools: Fire and Storm). You can't have everything.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Ice has everything but attacks, high health, high shielding, high resist, good accuracy! Storms are the ones that i heard only get into the 2000s in health, not to mention worst accuracy, no shielding except the standard 70% thermic shield! all we have is attack and you comlaining about not having it all! honestly, i do have an ice wiz, but i have a storm wiz who is almost master and doesnt even have 1500 with gear! I am not trying to sound mean but ice has almost everything, ice was made to live, not one hit kill. Just appreciate what you have and dismiss what you dont.

Amber Stormsong level 38 diviner

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

And if you can't stand Ice, don't go out into a Blizzard!

I take serious Offense to any of you that think Ice is Nerfed or Weak!

The only thing that is weak, is the way you play the school. Let me tell you how to play ice, so that all of you can know, just how powerful Ice really is.

First off, training points:
Death to Feint!
Then, Star? I believe to Gargantuan
You can get Cloak and Resist Stun at Arena
Of course, get elemental Blades and elemental trap!
Get Vengeance! and You are on a Roll!

Now, quit being lazy and actually finish all your crafting quests and become a GrandMaster Artisan! Once you do that, then you can craft your hat and Robe! The 58 Ice Boots are better than crafted ones. But the rest of Ice's stuff is better crafted. I prefer Ice and Life, so more critical boosts and more accuracy on heals.

Now, Craft your amulet for your +45% IceBlade, Craft your ring and athame!

Ok, after all that, you are so ready to knock off anyone, including storm! Let me explain something to you. Just with both Ice Blades, not to mention getting a pet like I have, with spell proof, spritely, ice giver, and pips, it also has a DragonBlade +30% to any attack!

Now, I don't even have to be fully bladed to do 1000 damage a round with snow angel, but if I am fully bladed, with Balefrost, I can do 2000 a round with snow angel and 4000 a round with critical at 120 critical points.

Um, even if you shield, who can possibly take that much damage? Plus, I have resist all, and high health. LOL Ice is weak?

It is not ice that is weak, it is your skills! Learn to play the school and quit complaining about it

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
cameron225 wrote:
Ice has everything but attacks, high health, high shielding, high resist, good accuracy! Storms are the ones that i heard only get into the 2000s in health, not to mention worst accuracy, no shielding except the standard 70% thermic shield! all we have is attack and you comlaining about not having it all! honestly, i do have an ice wiz, but i have a storm wiz who is almost master and doesnt even have 1500 with gear! I am not trying to sound mean but ice has almost everything, ice was made to live, not one hit kill. Just appreciate what you have and dismiss what you dont.

Amber Stormsong level 38 diviner

So storm has great attack and great damage. Also great pip percentage so it doesn't matter that ice has more. Most grandmaster storms have so much damage triton does 1500 regular. I know someone that is storm and his triton does 1925 alone and a leviathan that does 2400 alone that boosted with one elemental blade a storm blade,feint, and a feint given buy a necklace can kill ANYTHING KNOWN TO ANY WIZARD IN THE SPIRAL it would do at least 10000-15000! and that would PWN anything.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
darthjt wrote:

The only thing that is weak, is the way you play the school. Let me tell you how to play ice, so that all of you can know, just how powerful Ice really is.

Death to Feint!

Now, quit being lazy and actually finish all your crafting quests and become a GrandMaster Artisan! Once you do that, then you can craft your hat and Robe! The 58 Ice Boots are better than crafted ones. But the rest of Ice's stuff is better crafted. I prefer Ice and Life, so more critical boosts and more accuracy on heals.

Ok, after all that, you are so ready to knock off anyone, including storm! Let me explain something to you. Just with both Ice Blades, not to mention getting a pet like I have, with spell proof, spritely, ice giver, and pips, it also has a DragonBlade +30% to any attack!

Now, I don't even have to be fully bladed to do 1000 damage a round with snow angel, but if I am fully bladed, with Balefrost, I can do 2000 a round with snow angel and 4000 a round with critical at 120 critical points.

Um, even if you shield, who can possibly take that much damage? Plus, I have resist all, and high health. LOL Ice is weak?

It is not ice that is weak, it is your skills! Learn to play the school and quit complaining about it

ROFL i know all that my snow angel boosted all the is over 7,500 btw it would take at least 12 rounds to boost it to that much AND i know how to use ice i have a sea dragon which is a 72 pedigree and i can pwn pretty much anyone in the arena but storms because they either leviathan or triton (also what is with triton doing damage in the 800s-900s without boost and only costing 6 pips ) and i end up being dead in one hit and not standing a chance BUT ice is still bad. It has bad stats kinda good resist and still terrible attack. Ice barely wins in arena no matter what because to take out a life you have to boost snow angel at least 6 rounds and they will heal during the 3 rounds they have to heal during snow angel.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I will say you are right i dont know if its completely that, but it is true ice has been nerfed thats just how we are though most people that play ice play because they are really good players and they want a true challenge playing. My original school was ice and it took me like 4 months to get it to grand and then another few feeks for legendary. I have a life balance and myth and they are all easy i made a storm and fire and deleted them because i found no fun in it. Ice will always be weak and always be nerfed to the point where its impossible to do stuff like other schools can but thats just the fun of it. I dont see why storm people complain about our health storm can hit a critical any time they want basically and kill us in one hit lol. The whole
thing about ice is what we dont have in attack and just school power you make up in strategy.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
mpork wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Death to Feint!

ROFL i know all that my snow angel boosted all the is over 7,500 btw it would take at least 12 rounds to boost it to that much AND i know how to use ice i have a sea dragon which is a 72 pedigree and i can pwn pretty much anyone in the arena but storms because they either leviathan or triton (also what is with triton doing damage in the 800s-900s without boost and only costing 6 pips ) and i end up being dead in one hit and not standing a chance BUT ice is still bad. It has bad stats kinda good resist and still terrible attack. Ice barely wins in arena no matter what because to take out a life you have to boost snow angel at least 6 rounds and they will heal during the 3 rounds they have to heal during snow angel.

I thought you said you had all that? and you know how to boost? Let me put it another way. Crafted Gear and pet with boosts.

My Ice attack is 44%
Crafted IceBlade is 45%
Standard IceBlade is 40%
Frost Giant is 450
Standard Gargantuan is 225
now, lets do the math!
450+225+44%+45%+40%=1973 Damage with the attack on 3rd round! Now critical that is 3946

Ok, Let's say they put up a tower Shield or regular shield, so you go with Snow Angel instead. Using a 250 Gargantuan treasure so I can give you exact figures:
225+785/3rounds+44%+45%+40%=658 first round or 1316 if Critical
Now, subtract any shield they may have -70% say? =197 points of damage
or 394 if it was critical. Now for the other 3 rounds! They had better keep shielding because after that, damage is 765 for 3 rounds for a total of 2295. Or, if you hit critical, Damage is 1530 per round for 3 rounds or a total of 4590.

So, if they are busy shielding, you can put on a shield yourself, blade up one time, and hit with colossus. 460-540, but lets take the minimum.
460+225+40%+44%=1381 or 2762 if you hit critical. Yes, life can heal, but then they will not be shielding, yes, storm can attack, but then they will not be shielding. Ice can stun, shield and attack, and be very powerful. We have, like fire, DOT, so shields are useless. We have the health to last, plus we resist all school spells. How can you lose in PVP? Only way I see it, a lucky Gargantuan Bolt that does Critical right off the bat, should be the only way Ice loses!

Plus, if we have to, not that we need to, we can stun an opponent for 1 round without using a pip.

Ice has the Most Health and Most Resistance to all spells.