Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

use of BOSS cheats in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I have finished most everything and would like to play PvP but now all I get are players with the epic bundle and the new pets that have the BOSS cheats with them. Why are we letting thoses things happen in PvP? And if you keep it in PvP then make a filter so people without them are not going up aginst people that do. I buy crowns to buy stuff because the cards don't offer things that I want. Maybe you should consider making a " make your own game card" online and offer a mix of products for different prices? Like " this" pet and "this" many crowns is " this" much, cool cloths and pet is "this" much. Just an idea! :-D Alura Ghostrider lvl 60 Death School

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Spritely is a talent that has been in the game since the pet expansion, it is a possible talent on ALL cl pets, if you want it train one of them.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
I agree absolutely. If these "so called cheat cards are to be allowed" then simply have them play each other. Don't punish those of us who find the game challenging and have worked hard on strategies without paying for it. "The last PvP I was in I was told that if I was such a crybaby go buy it myself" This is after he did 4240 damage in the second round of the match. Hmmm, so what you have created is a situation where spoiled little adolescent brats take the enjoyment out of the game for the rest of us, who either CAN'T AFFORD the card, or simply don't want to buy it! Shame on the organizers of these battles. It says that teams or players are matched on abilities. If I don't have the cheats, what chance do I stand. I do not see the equity in this format. Either make a separate cheat contest, or eliminate the use of them in the arena...I'm sure it can be done. Until then I will not play another game.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
tobywon772 wrote:
I agree absolutely. If these "so called cheat cards are to be allowed" then simply have them play each other. Don't punish those of us who find the game challenging and have worked hard on strategies without paying for it. "The last PvP I was in I was told that if I was such a crybaby go buy it myself" This is after he did 4240 damage in the second round of the match. Hmmm, so what you have created is a situation where spoiled little adolescent brats take the enjoyment out of the game for the rest of us, who either CAN'T AFFORD the card, or simply don't want to buy it! Shame on the organizers of these battles. It says that teams or players are matched on abilities. If I don't have the cheats, what chance do I stand. I do not see the equity in this format. Either make a separate cheat contest, or eliminate the use of them in the arena...I'm sure it can be done. Until then I will not play another game.

Once again i will say that this is a PET TALENT, if you want it for yourself go get e pet that has it. EVERY pet in celestia has this talent including the starfish (available for gold) and the jellyfish. (quest reward) It's a rare talent and you also have to remember that IT'S RANDOM, the player has no control over when it casts.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
What's not random is what you wear before the battle. If you know this is the talent you get before pvp battle, change it. Those ABILITY'S are not ment for pvp with people who dont have them. It's called CHEATING. That's why they warn you before a few of the towers that these BOSSES CHEAT. I don't mind it in 'in game' play. It's really the only way to beat them. Pvp is about using your cards to the best of you ability. All I want is an equal fight.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
just more PvPers cry this aint fair,thats a cheat,boohoo i cant win easy now!!!

now there are people who can beat me thats cheatingWAAA!!!
Whats a boss cheat? another card someone dont like so remove it we dont like it,it makes it to hard for me to win,I cant surpress the other players and keep them down so I can stay on top.
Go level a pet up untill you get one that works for you and quit trying to make KI make it easyer for YOU to win. you can get the same spells they get(for most part) or is it you been having it to easy for so long that you forgot how to be flexable with your deck!

KI needs to fix matching in arena a level 60 warlord fighting a level 30 warlord really not a fair fight.and level 60 warlords who rank down just to fight newb PvPers is wrong!!

To stop this ranking down needs to stop!! you should only lose one or two rranks and thats it, and no tickets awarded untill you start moving back up in rank.

To many PvPers rank down just to fight newb PvPers so as to taunt them and laugh at them, and thats a big problem as well.

Michael RedBlood death
P.S. you dont like what i siad oh well ill get over it lol

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Spritely is available on a lot of pets outside of the 5 Celestia pets and Fierce Hound. It is even on some Satyrs. Having Spritely is just the same as a player who has their Helephant with 'May Cast Fire Charm' (Fireblade) or the Wriaths with 'May Cast Death Charm' or 'May Cast Death Ward' (Deathblade, Deathtrap, Death Aura).

So far the only 'interrupt' I hear people whining and complaining about is Spritely. What about the Blades, Traps, Shields, etc that pets cast? what about the pets that cast Bloodbat (few and far between these days)?

Seriously people, It's an advanced part of the game and you PVPers have cost the PVE players enough as it is. I'll give you guys even a list of the RECENT things you have cost us:

2 Power Pip wands (would have helped us stay on par casting wise with the Celestian Mobs and Bosses)
Simplify Trained at Sun Trainer
Simplify Sold by Astral Archivist
Elucidate Trained at Sun Trainer
Elucidate Sold by Astral Archivist

In the upcoming Gardening expansion the following changes are being made, DUE TO PVP ABUSE:
Polymorph Treasure Cards are No Trade / No Auction
Polymorph Treasure Cards have Level Limit to buy from Archivist
Gargantuan & Unstoppable Treasure Cards are No Trade
Polymorph Treasure Cards will no longer be available from PVE Enemy Drop

Yes, a Low Level Adept Artisan can craft Gobbler and Cat Bandit and a Low Level Master Artisan can craft Death Ninja and Treant, but they still cannot be traded...

Thank you very much for RUINING the game.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
alicat3 wrote:
I have finished most everything and would like to play PvP but now all I get are players with the epic bundle and the new pets that have the BOSS cheats with them. Why are we letting thoses things happen in PvP? And if you keep it in PvP then make a filter so people without them are not going up aginst people that do. I buy crowns to buy stuff because the cards don't offer things that I want. Maybe you should consider making a " make your own game card" online and offer a mix of products for different prices? Like " this" pet and "this" many crowns is " this" much, cool cloths and pet is "this" much. Just an idea! :-D Alura Ghostrider lvl 60 Death School

That's kinda what I was thinking. There should be a choice for buying crowns.
Like, you know how they have 60,000 crowns for 60$? They should let you have a choice and like there is this calculator thing that tells you how much money it will cost you. FINALLY someone understands me!

-Kyle ShadowFlame
Level 34 Magus Pyromancer

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
What kind of cheats? Like "Yeah, we can heal too!"? Uh-oh, I know a lot of the boss sayings that do that, but not much pets.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Can't even imagine someone complaining about that. Why don't you get a cl pet and do that so called cheating yourself eh?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
What kind of cheats? Like "Yeah, we can heal too!"? Uh-oh, I know a lot of the boss sayings that do that, but not much pets.

Not even close, pet casts are most commonly just random casting of a blade or trap and even the best one is only a random sprite.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
thunderbird120 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

Not even close, pet casts are most commonly just random casting of a blade or trap and even the best one is only a random sprite.

Whew, thanks thunderbird120, I wouldn't have known about that ;) :-).

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Its not cheating per se, but I can see how you might think so. The game is a way for the designers and developers to make a living, pure and simple. If they can make a better living by encouraging people to purchase things that will help their characters out, why is that a bad thing? You might answer that it is "NOT FAIR", but what in this life is really fair? Many posters have explained ways to nullify this "cheat" or to allow you to get the "cheat" yourself. I see it as an enhancement to the game.. and a benefit to the developers of Wizard101. After all, without them, there would be no game. If they cannot profitably run this game, then there will be no expansion, no pvp, indeed no Wizard101 at all.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Wait, you must have already spent some real-life money on the game to get the level you are at. Why not just buy crowns alongside your subscription?

What I will agree with, is some of the items from prepaid cards that are only available in certain countries and retailers may be seen as unfair, because of their exclusivity.