Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is GOLEM TOWER to HARD for levels5-15 WIZARDS

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I had a hard time getting to the iron golem getting a used power core from it . I'm a storm student i had a hard time getting to the iron golem beacause of the clockwork golems if you WIZARD guys get this i hope their a little less tougher :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
zepey wrote:
I had a hard time getting to the iron golem getting a used power core from it . I'm a storm student i had a hard time getting to the iron golem beacause of the clockwork golems if you WIZARD guys get this i hope their a little less tougher :)

I know that I found it very hard to do the Golem Tower when I first started. After a few new wizards, I learned to "wait a little bit" before I tried it. I went back to it when I had more health and mana, and better spells too.

Now I go back "just for the heck of it", to make up for all the times I died. :P

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The key to surviving a multi-level (i.e. floor) instance is to heal near the end of every level. At least two Pixies should be in your deck, so that you can get one when you need it.

The general plan is to defeat one of the two enemies that you're facing, then heal, then defeat the other. That way, you're at or near full health when you go up to the next floor. If things don't work out on a floor, you have a potion bottle to refill health and mana, but it should be saved for emergencies or until you reach the last floor.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I find that Ghoul also works well in the tower to restore health. But yes, you do need to heal with pixie if at all possible....buy a few and leave in your treasure card rack for easier use.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
zepey wrote:

Probably a level 10 could do it. Keep a few potions ready.

Explorer
May 20, 2010
catboy2197 wrote:
zepey wrote:

Probably a level 10 could do it. Keep a few potions ready.

I have yet to complete the tower with a level lower than 10; however, my husband completed it on his first wizard at like level 4 or 5 ... and he was Life. He has since completed it several times between levels 5-10 with all his wizards: Storm, Balance, Death, Ice, Myth; with some issues with the Storm wizard. Meanwhile, I still continue to die every time I go up that darn thing before I hit level 12 or so.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I am a lvl 59 wizard named kevin bluegrove. I tried to do golem toer when i was lvl 30! I still could not bet it. I think it would be better to take JUST ONE FLOOR OFF. I agree with you.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
kevke67 wrote:
I am a lvl 59 wizard named kevin bluegrove. I tried to do golem toer when i was lvl 30! I still could not bet it. I think it would be better to take JUST ONE FLOOR OFF. I agree with you.

If you couldn't beat it at level 30 then you were doing something seriously wrong. :?

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
zepey wrote:

I know that I found it very hard to do the Golem Tower when I first started. After a few new wizards, I learned to "wait a little bit" before I tried it. I went back to it when I had more health and mana, and better spells too.

Now I go back "just for the heck of it", to make up for all the times I died. :P

Lol! Same here, I do golem tower everytime I go on my magus storm. I end up only looseing 400 health (without healing) and throw a couple krakens & tempests into it :) he never knew what was comin, for all the times they killed me they prob nevr guessed I wuld one day overkill them! Lol! :) :) :) 8) 8) 8)

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
kevke67 wrote:

If you couldn't beat it at level 30 then you were doing something seriously wrong. :?

I agree with thunderbird120, if you could not beat this at level 30, then you really need to work on your strategy. My first wizard beat this on his tenth try at level 16 (I had no idea what to do with pips then) but on my more recent wizards I have beat it at levels 4-9. What kind of wizard are you? I have some strategies here that work wonders in the golem tower.

ICE
Pass and Serpent, Heal, then pass and Serpent, potion around the fourth floor.

FIRE
1st floor:
Pass two times, Fire Elf, then Pixie.
2nd: Fire cat maybe twice depending on how much damage it does to the first. Repeat first floor strategy for the second.
3rd, 4th, & 5th: Fireblade twice, then use one fire elf on each of them, then heal.

STORM
1st-4th: Alternate between wand spell, thunder snake, and healing
5th: wand the iron golem, bat the minion, use second school to take out iron golem

LIFE
All: Just heal, imp, and leprechaun

DEATH
All: Use Ghoul, Deathblade, and Deathtrap

MYTH
All: Summon minion to do damage, do a little damage, heal

Hardest school to do this with: Storm
Easiest: Life

Hope this helps!

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 56
Grandmaster
Storm

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I couldnt do golem tower until i was level 23!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
you wouldn't believe how long it took me to defeat i've waited till the level i am now a level 19 wizard. :)

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Well, I think if you couldn't beat it when you were 15+, I think it's a little weird. Or maybe that's just because I'm a Life wizard with a Fairy instead of a Pixie...?

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Well I am over grandmaster, and havent even attempted golem tower, but have my mind set on a bigger tower...

Briskbreeze tower. I am gonna go 1 on 1 with that monstrosity. And by 1v1 I mean 1v1 + 3 friends!

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
zepey wrote:

i always do it when im lvl 30 or higher

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Golem tower IS too hard for a level 5-15 wizard. It is, in a way, a test in your patience as well as a pretty good measurement of your growing power.

You enter as a novice, and struggle to take down the first golem. You proceed to the next level, and most likely get straight out beaten to a pulp (and if you do manage to make it through, you'll recieve the beating at the next level).

Then you continue your questing and levelling, and return after 5-10 levels. You have an easy time with the two first floors, a less easy time with the third, and you get beaten at the fourth.

You leve again, and quest+level some more. You return as level 20, and make it all the way up to get beaten at the top level. You, once again, start questing and levelling, until you return at level 25, and FINALLY manage to beat that pesky tower and obtain your hard-earned badge.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I have been beat to a pulp more than once in there. On my Death I was able to do it sooner than on my Life. My Storm I did it at level 12. It took me a couple of tries. I had to go there to get my Storm blade. I really wanted it.

It is a huge accomplishment for me to beat it. It is a huge challenge and a great learning experience.

Just keep trying and sooner or later you will beat it.

Megan

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Golem Tower is super easy, as long as you have 2 potions,

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
kevke67 wrote:

i find that hard to believe. at lvl 30 you should have 3 potions and 1,000-2,500 life. The only way this would make sense: if you are storm, without proper cloths, and fiz 4/5 of the times

Survivor
May 19, 2010
if you think golem tower is too hard then you need to seriously rethink your deck design. I beat the tower at level 4, its rather easy and then again 6 more times at level 5. its not that difficult of a tower.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
thunderbird120 wrote:
kevke67 wrote:

I'd have to agree here. I was a lot lower though it took me a few tries. I only have one char: pyro.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I just played a level 7 ice wizard in golem tower and completely dominated it.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Not really it really depends on your luck and school. For instincse (sorry if i spelled it wrong ) life wizards have a quest to defeat all the golems and fix a golem in order to obtaint the Nature's Wrath spell. So it's really easy if your level 15

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
Hi! I was able to finish Golem Tower at, I think, level 12 with my Death Wizard. However, I was unable to complete it with my Life Wizard until level 16. So, I guess it just depends what school of focus you choose. I believe that Storm will find the first two floors easy since they can quickly take out the Golems with Thunder Snake, as they only have 95 Health. But, as they progress up the floors of the tower, they would find it exceedingly difficult due to Storms' low Health and lack of Heals. All in all, I believe that Death would be the easiest at Golem Tower, because they can both heal and attack at the same time. But, if you want to finish Golem Tower quickly, make a Life Wizard with a Secondary School of Storm. I really hoped that this helped!

Kyle ShadowStaff,
Master of the Death Arts

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Whaaaaaat???? am I the only one confused to how people are stuggling with golem tower? Maybe i just knew what to do my first time around cause was easily only level 3 to 5 when i beat it. Yes it might have something to do with me being in the ice school and having high health but i do this with all my wizards (havent tried storm maybe i'll get a run for my money that time around? )

But puting it plainly: no, i do not believe golem tower is hard for level 5-15 wizards.