Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Cyrus the myth teacher so mean?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
why is cyrus the myth teacher so mean? is it because malistare his brother or something? i really want to know :-o

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Cyrus just doesn't have a lot of patience for new wizards. Once you prove your worth, he'll lighten up.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
yea but so bad about him i think he is the second best teacher

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
He grew up with an EVIL brother, don't you see? It's MALISTAIRE! Meanest guy alive, I'd have to say, Malistaire. But its normal; he lives in Dragonspyre now

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah,when I was doing a mission he said "Don't waste my time.Go bother
Professor Flamea."

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
He is really a noob deep down inside his heart, I just know it :D

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Shockdude72 wrote:
He grew up with an EVIL brother, don't you see? It's MALISTAIRE! Meanest guy alive, I'd have to say, Malistaire. But its normal; he lives in Dragonspyre now

He didn't grow up with an evil brother. Malistaire was never evil. When Sylvia died he quit Ravenwood to persue mysterious desires of his own. Then he went to Krokotopia to steal the Krokonomicom. He was never, I repeat, NEVER aware of the great threat he is against The Spiral ( I just got all of those words from Wizard101 Wiki ).

Andrew FireBlade
Level 20, Adept Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
I love that he's mean! I'm in the school of Myth and he does get nicer the higher your level is. I'v actually had real life teachers like him and they always turned out to be the best. :D

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
He probably feels bad because his brother and him hate each other because Malistaire's wife, Sylvia, passed away and he wanted to rule the world.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
wilddog29 wrote:
I love that he's mean! I'm in the school of Myth and he does get nicer the higher your level is. I'v actually had real life teachers like him and they always turned out to be the best. :D

I agree with you. it is like real life. i like him

Survivor
May 09, 2010
dec5th wrote:
why is cyrus the myth teacher so mean? is it because malistare his brother or something? i really want to know :-o

HELLO!?!?
isn't he helping malistare!? how do you think he felt when he found out about his brother.? besides, don't you think malistare contacted cyrus sometime here-and-there

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
I dont know. He's kinda like snape in harry potter. Hahaha

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
urrutia8 wrote:
dec5th wrote:

HELLO!?!?
isn't he helping malistare!? how do you think he felt when he found out about his brother.? besides, don't you think malistare contacted cyrus sometime here-and-there

no he's not helping malistare and he's not mean

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
He just underestimates wizards that are very young or that lack power.

He thinks that every single new wizard is a waste of time because they don't know their way around magic much... forgetting that he too was a New Wizard some time.

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
dec5th wrote:
i love cyrus drake! sure he may be mean at some times but he is the best teacher i could have!

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
urrutia8 wrote:
dec5th wrote:

HELLO!?!?

He isn't helping Malistaire. If he was, it would be Malistaire AND Cryus at the Crown Of Fire, but no he isn't. And why would he actually WANT TO HELP YOU if he's helping Malistaire? In Dragonspyre, he seems -a little- nicer then when you're in Wizard City.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Hi Im Luis Willowmancer lvl41 and the reason he is sooooooo mean is because its his way of weeding out the weak so once you deafeet him to go to DS he will start respecting you

Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
darky246183 wrote:
Shockdude72 wrote:

He didn't grow up with an evil brother. Malistaire was never evil. When Sylvia died he quit Ravenwood to persue mysterious desires of his own. Then he went to Krokotopia to steal the Krokonomicom. He was never, I repeat, NEVER aware of the great threat he is against The Spiral ( I just got all of those words from Wizard101 Wiki ).

Andrew FireBlade
Level 20, Adept Pyromancer

i can see what you mean. i like to pay attention to the game, and he actually may seem more evil as you progress, but, he actually gets even crazier. he thought that the ghost of his wife was an illution, so he tried to kill Cyrus. but at the end he's a good guy because he found out what he did and how much damage he caused. then his ghost and his wife's ghost both vanished and lived happily ever after. what a wild storyline, huh?

Trevor Goldenstaff, legendary ( lvl 60 ) theurgist. Wish even the noobs good luck.

P.S. In pvp, DON'T CHAIN STUN!!!!!! ( stunning, then using earthquake to take off the stun blocks, then stun again ) Sorry if that was off-topic. it's just so annoying.