Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really? Enough of the "Balance Hating."

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Now really. Why is it that, despite the definite inter-School equality, Balance repeatedly is verbally bashed?

Honestly. If Balance were "broken," as these people continually claim, they'd have some decent arguments. Instead, the only points they bring up are one of three things:

1: Signs of poor strategizing skills. A good example is citing one's personal win/loss record.
2: Something I call "selective ignorance," where they focus on certain aspects of something and "select" the other aspects to be things they are willfully "ignorant" of. One example is the repeated sentiment that Balance has no School-specific Damage mitigaters (these arguers are "selectively ignorant" when it comes to whether or not Balance has School-specific Blades or Traps, or if Sorcerers even get a Prism).
3: Bald-faced lying, such as "100 Damage per Pip is way over the average Damage per Pip." "Average" happens to be 99.62.

Also, KingsIsle would have rectified the situation if Balance were indeed overpowered.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Now really. Why is it that, despite the definite inter-School equality, Balance repeatedly is verbally bashed?

Honestly. If Balance were "broken," as these people continually claim, they'd have some decent arguments. Instead, the only points they bring up are one of three things:

1: Signs of poor strategizing skills. A good example is citing one's personal win/loss record.
2: Something I call "selective ignorance," where they focus on certain aspects of something and "select" the other aspects to be things they are willfully "ignorant" of. One example is the repeated sentiment that Balance has no School-specific Damage mitigaters (these arguers are "selectively ignorant" when it comes to whether or not Balance has School-specific Blades or Traps, or if Sorcerers even get a Prism).
3: Bald-faced lying, such as "100 Damage per Pip is way over the average Damage per Pip." "Average" happens to be 99.62.

Also, KingsIsle would have rectified the situation if Balance were indeed overpowered.
I agree, i hate how people keep bashing balance and judgement. They are just bad in pvp so they are looking to complain so KI can make it easier on them, and basically, the only thing KI did was change wild bolt which I thought wasnt a good decision

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
I am sick of PvPers trying to change spells to make it easyer for them to win.they got bolt "fixed" now they are trying to "fix" judgement,and after that who knows what spell they will try to "fix".

leave balance school alone and learn how to protect yourself from it!!

And quit trying to "fix" spells they are fine,well will be when they put bolt back the way it was.

Michael RedBlood death school

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Yea Balance Is GOod bt still Anyone Complaining needs a Nap and a Cookie.Deal With it

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Zzatdragon wrote:
I am sick of PvPers trying to change spells to make it easyer for them to win.they got bolt "fixed" now they are trying to "fix" judgement,and after that who knows what spell they will try to "fix".

leave balance school alone and learn how to protect yourself from it!!

And quit trying to "fix" spells they are fine,well will be when they put bolt back the way it was.

Michael RedBlood death school

I do agree with you 95%. I'm not complaining or anything but the thing is, if they put bolt back, its accuracy can build up very easily now. Bolt is 10%. Plus 30 from unstoppable( I thinks thats what its called) is 40. Then from gear it is 60( not sure exactly how much accuracy is there from gear so I will just do a guess). Also from L-strike would be 70%. So I do not really think bolt should be switched back. But I agree about the balance.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
Yeah, why does everybody hate balance so much?
yeah,what she said

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Hee hee ummm I am balance... and hee hee ummm I ya know hate balance
I JUST WANT THAT ONE CARD!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Ok i am storm and i have to agree a lot of people are going after balance, also agreed they need to change wild bolt back.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
Wow I guess people that dislike balance school is just because they can't win in pvp. Just quit pvp or something. I am a lvl 49 life wizard, Wolf Lifeblade, and I'm ok with facing balance i just attack once and I leave them with low health then I use tower shield 8) , and when they hit I hit again and then they call me a noob. You guys should really think about what your schools have(example), Ice school in known for its big amount of health which is hard to beat(storm) they're hits are huge