Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Pet Problems

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I was so pumped when I received my Hydra pet from Alhazred for the Lv48 Balance Quest. My Hydra received Pip-O'Plenty at Teen (like it is scripted to), and the Talents it received at Adult, Ancient, and Epic were all Selfish ones :? So I decided to race it in the Pet Derby; only one problem: I NEVER get matched, and if I do, it stays at "Waiting for opponents to confirm..." until I log out (usually ~30 minutes afterward). So I was VERY displeased to see that my Hydra I worked so hard to raise had 3 useless Talents, all because I can;y get matched in Pet Derby. So what I would like to know is, "Why aren't I getting good Pet Derby matches?"

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I hope that it is only a bug, because I put a lot of work into my Hydra. However, my Swift Piggle would get into races somewhat quickly..

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
You are matched according to your pet's age. The younger the pet, the more likely you are to get a match. Pets that have reached epic age are a lot rarer in the game and so it will take longer to get a match. From my experience anyway.