Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

seriously kingsisle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
My level 20 gets matched up with a grandmaster storm. I beat him. I get 2 points. TWO. I get him again. he goes first and my storm shield is not in hand and he kills me in 2 rounds. I lose 27 points. TWENTY SEVEN. Are you kidding me kingsisle. Fix the dang dueling arena already.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
picantel wrote:
My level 20 gets matched up with a grandmaster storm. I beat him. I get 2 points. TWO. I get him again. he goes first and my storm shield is not in hand and he kills me in 2 rounds. I lose 27 points. TWENTY SEVEN. Are you kidding me kingsisle. Fix the dang dueling arena already.

got that right fix it KI!!!!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think the only way a level 20 beats a grandmaster storm is by mass spamming dispels upon the storm or by using polymorphs. Fix these too, a level 20 simply should not be able to defeat a level 50+ anything.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I think the only way a level 20 beats a grandmaster storm is by mass spamming dispels upon the storm or by using polymorphs. Fix these too, a level 20 simply should not be able to defeat a level 50+ anything.

If a level 20 beats a level 50 well then the 20 must have more skill then the 50 huh.

the 50 could use use the same spells and then some. so oh well lol
good job level 20

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Why can't a level 20 beat a Grand?

It is called strategy. Learn it.

My 28 Death has put many Grandmasters to their demise.

It is all about knowing when to heal, hit and shield.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
seasnake wrote:

Oh it's completely possible without dispels and polymorphs. I've beaten masters (before the new celestia things) a lot in my 20's. Now I'm almost a master myself and I'm STILL beating them without treasure cards.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
picantel wrote:

what rank were you what rank was he???????? that makes the amount of points you lose or he loses.KI DOESNT NEED TO FIX ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Fixables wrote:
Why can't a level 20 beat a Grand?

It is called strategy. Learn it.

My 28 Death has put many Grandmasters to their demise.

It is all about knowing when to heal, hit and shield.

I do not think you really understood the post. The person that started the topic was a 20 and he beat a grand. He got 2 points if I remember right. Then he got him again. This time he lost though and he lost 27 points. So the thing is that he wants KI to fix that point system. Though, I think you were a warlord. I do think you should have lost at least only 15. If a warlord level 20 faces a grand, then the grand had to have a REALLY bad skill. My storm at level 38 won a grand storm by going second for spam storm shielding. No treasures were used and I only got 9 points. So yea, next update KI should fix this.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
seasnake wrote:

You cannot assume that right off the bat. Maybe the grand really stinks or the level 20 has got some skill. Beside, the level 20 could even train dispels( I not sure what the level to train dispels are so please correct me if I am wrong). I do not really like to be too harsh but seasnake, enough with the complains!