Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 58 fire spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Has anyone beaten Sothmeket to collect the fire seal which then gives the new level 58 spell. This guy has over 16,000 health and his minion over 1,000. I find it almost impossible to beat, no one can port and 2 or more wizards can not go in together to fight them, only one wizard at a time can go in. Surely there is a way to beat him as I don't even have any feints or hex's. So if anyone has tackled these guys, can you let me know how you did it, he would zap a life minion treasure card in one hit.
Thank you

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
i have tryed 58 times seems there is no way to beat these guys they need to make it like the tower in marleybone where more than 1 person can help this is so unfair cause we cant beat it

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i gave up trying for the efreet from what i hear it is a most uneffectibve spell so i figured i would not waste my time trying to get it.

the boosted helephant is more effective then the efreet from what i have heard ingame

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
OK

I am a pyromancer as well.I beat sothkemet so i will tell you how,too! :-)

1.Remove blades and traps from deck(maybe sheilds too)

2.get a toatal of- 50+50+50+900=1,50 crowns

3.Have criticial gear and Wildfire

4.Buy Venginful Elixier and the critical hit star spell

5.Go in fight and buy- 60 fire minion,60 life minion, 60 storm minion

6.Kill minion and boss at SAME TIME

7.There ya go! If a henchmen dies, dont worry If all henchmen die, buy new ones

Now you are done w the fight

Issac Icebreath
58 pyromancer

See ya in the Spiral

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I bought a level 60 life henchman and a level 60 balance henchman. Then I focused on shielding and setting up my traps and blades. Meanwhile the henchman were attacking and drawing all of the attacks from the boss and minion.

The balance henchman was very helpful in adding balanceblade and other useful spells to boost my attacks. I also have feint and used those as well. With most of the attention focused on the henchmen (and one able to heal), I found it easy enough.

I also didn't find it necessary to buy any of the elixirs (which are VERY expensive), just buy the henchmen immediately so that they will be useful.

If you don't have crowns, many people have used the polymorph spells to win the fight. I guess it depends on your fighting style.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
hobi wrote:
i gave up trying for the efreet from what i hear it is a most uneffectibve spell so i figured i would not waste my time trying to get it.

the boosted helephant is more effective then the efreet from what i have heard ingame

Whoever you heard that from is wrong. The efreet when boosted will have significantly more damage than the similarly boosted helephant and will also add a ward that decreases the enemies next attack by 90%. The efreet is definitely worth learning.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
westernprincess wrote:
Has anyone beaten Sothmeket to collect the fire seal which then gives the new level 58 spell. This guy has over 16,000 health and his minion over 1,000. I find it almost impossible to beat, no one can port and 2 or more wizards can not go in together to fight them, only one wizard at a time can go in. Surely there is a way to beat him as I don't even have any feints or hex's. So if anyone has tackled these guys, can you let me know how you did it, he would zap a life minion treasure card in one hit.
Thank you

ok buy a life minion ( lvl 40 or higher). Kill the minion first. have a reshuffle. your life minion will be healing you.sometimes it suddenly attacks. thats how i beat him. hope this helps.

David Stronghunter Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
hobi wrote:

Whoever you heard that from is wrong. The efreet when boosted will have significantly more damage than the similarly boosted helephant and will also add a ward that decreases the enemies next attack by 90%. The efreet is definitely worth learning.

agreeded. I pwn in pvp with it lol.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
step 1.kill minion fast
step 2. summon minion
step 3. shield like crazy
step 4. start attacking whenever you can
step 5. heal when you need it
step 6. get efreet :) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I read everyone's post about how hard this quest is and I thought about passing it up. I was really freaked out about it, lol. Then I decided to try it and see what happened. I beat them the first time I tried!!! I only used my fire minion, loaded three and only used one! Killed the storm minion as quickly as possible and alternated between hitting the ice guy and healing. Didn't buy henchmen, anly used the star fortify and amplify cards with a few ice wards thrown it. It took me an hour. Good luck everyone, this just isn't that hard.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
westernprincess wrote:
Thank you

ok buy henchmen one has to be at least life.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
i did it solo and lie he has 13000 health but if you cant do it solo use henchman or if you cant get no crowns use a flame servent

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
First of all, i have efreet and it is awesome helped me way way more than helephant. Second, here is how to beat him. first mark spot. them kill henchman and flee, then come back and henchman is not there. Then you just defend yourself with ice shields and boost your cards big time so they do like 5000 damage. also summon fire minion, that is VERY IMPORTANT. Hope that helped!

William Crowthistle, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I got efreet yesterday with only 1 fire minion the boss just tries to kill me insted of the minion

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
hobi wrote:

I'm sorry dude, but inside the sentence " the boosted helephant is more effective than the efreet from what i have heard" is you calling out " I NEED THAT SPELL!"

lol, i have seen many wizards who are legend and are very misserable because they still dont have efreet, but i see you can go on any day without one.

well, if you ever gonna try it again...

Bring a minion

NEVER bring shields, blades, and/or traps

Don't dragon, but rather use a bladed helephant

Kill minion first!

Well, i had a better response for some other guy in another forum, which is much better, but still, this may help

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Well, when I did this, you'd be surprised, but put in fire elemental in deck and make sure he doesnt die.
Unlike 80% of people who used henchman, I didnt use them, my fire elemental did maybe 4,000-5,000 damage by itself. Always, if you are going to blade or trap, make sure sothmekhet haas 3 or less pips, just to make sure he doesnt kill you, also, pray that you block his criticals, he hit 3,000 to me once. Have 5+ glaciers in your deck, although he cheats on them. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: ALWAYS KILL MINION FIRST!!! It can start off using stormzilla, I learned the hard way. The only way someone can help is, is if they too have the quest to kill him. But he is kinda fun, if it wasnt a challenge that would make the game simply boring. Wizard101, just lower the boss health by 1,000 health. My last few times are have wyldfire and use it only after you kill the minion (thrall of sothmekhet). THIS IS THE LAST TIP: Have very good critical chance and power pip chance because he gains them to fast.

Well hope this helped! Enjoy fighting him! (cause you never will be able to again on that account)
-Nicholas RubyShard, level 60 Pyromancer.

Explorer
May 26, 2010

NEVER bring shields, blades, and/or traps

how i supposed to use BLADED helephant if you said bring no shields blades or traps? :D :D :D

Historian
May 01, 2010
Guys what you really should do is get an ICE henchmen(he taunts them) of course after you kill minion then you can do whatever you want! it was real easy for me cause i did that i just ignored the cheat!

Scot Soulhmmer Legendary Pyromancer

ps i did not heal at all ice took ALL the attacks

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
Okay I finished this WITHOUT using a henchman.

1.you have to get a full potion thing that heals you
2.go there and place a marker
3.stack your deck with just fire blades/traps and elemental blades/traps and helephants
4.power up your helephant and kill the minion
5.flee, use your potion and then teleport to your marker
6.restack your deck with as much healing as you can, as many wyldefires as you can and as many fire elementals as you can, the rest of your cards should be a combination of links, fire elfs, heckhounds, and any ice shields you can get and a reshuffle or 2
7.use the minion as soon as possible and then start shielding
8.throw lots fire elfs and links at the boss and if you have a wyldfire use that too
9.keep the reshuffles until you run outta small spells to use on the boss
10. whenever you can save up for a really big heck hound and use it

I did basically this exact thing and it worked, it took about 45 minutes but it worked

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
:) i died so many times but one way to beat him is you need a minion called Kol shadowsong he criticals allot and is fire so he always attacks the boss all you need to do is beat the storm guy cause he most deadly best plan is to beat the storm first and if you have 1000 or over of health then summon the minion other wise if you die you wasted minion :D

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
westernprincess wrote:
Thank you

it took me about thirty times but finally got it done solo.
I just done what I could to keep alot of blades and sheilds and stocked up on pips when the fire minon was in th egame and took out the little guy first then th eboss. It was about an hour and a half battle but the efreet is worth it. I have gotten over 4500 out of him with just blades. plus he leaves a 90% marker off of the next card used on you. I tried it wih one henchman but I was defeated and had to wait for the henchman to get wiped out It is possible to solo as I have done just keep trying no matter what others say it is worth it and it is just a game. Win or lose just have fun. It would be better if it wasnt a solo dungeon. Good lick
Wolf Bearrider

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Call me crazy, but what you are gonna here will surprise you. (you dont need henchmen!)
1. You go in the fight with only blades and shields, dont put traps, you will see why later.
2. Before you use a blade, use a dragon or anything that will kill the minion, or actually just shield, since it usually first turn stormzilla or triton.
3. Once you killed the minion, blade and shield, use the shield then blade so it cancels out the hex.
4. Now, summon a fire elemental, for 3 pips, he is DEFINATELY WORTH IT
Reason for step 4: When you summon the fire elemental he will continue to fire elf and other spells, so he would take up your traps, but overall, for me, he did around 3,000 to 7,000 damage to the boss.
5. Now, just continue spamming helephant over and over again. Make sure the boss's attention is on YOU.
6. (optional)Make your wand myth or fire. Don't use ice or storm obviously. XD
7. NOW KILL WITH ALL YOUR POWER!!!! :)
hope this helped and good luck :D

-Nicholas Rubyshard, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
westernprincess wrote:
Thank you
Well, haven't heard of Sothmeket, Oh well. :-(