Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

''too small, try again''

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?
you dont have your lv 48 spell.
Guess what people?????????? I just got to CL. Woo hoo!!!!! And I'm on the quest for the level 48 spell!!!!!!!!!!!! ok bye now.
Ok now I have my level 48 spell and I'm level 49 in the grotto!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?
Guess what people?????????? I just got to CL. Woo hoo!!!!! And I'm on the quest for the level 48 spell!!!!!!!!!!!! ok bye now.

my balance is only 49 and hasnt started cl. get to 52 before you do anything else. thats the smart thing

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Although I do think these grandmaster wizards should be nicer, I see their point. I'm a level 28 and I'm NEVER teleport to my legendary friend, unless he's in mb, krok, or wc! NOT EVEN CL BASE CAMP. sometimes I even regret porting in mb. Ex; Katzenstein's lab, counterweight, big ben. So, I think you SHOULD be waiting till you beat mallistaire, but it's your (melcookie) and your friends' choice. So if they let you come, thats fine with me, but as the other people say, even you might not like it if there are"noobs" teleporting to people, since they drag in extra enemies, and do not have very good strategy.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
uka1234 wrote:
u guys leave him alone ( hope i got gender rite) he just asked a simple question and you randomly start to rant?!?! considering the way ur all acting you dont seem all good 2 be around, any way, the "too small try again " means you used a spell under 4 pips, or an X spell

You got the gender rong it's a girl, but can't u use a rank x if u have more than 4 pips? Or does it just not work?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
vaneairdbe wrote:
uka1234 wrote:
u guys leave him alone ( hope i got gender rite) he just asked a simple question and you randomly start to rant?!?! considering the way ur all acting you dont seem all good 2 be around, any way, the "too small try again " means you used a spell under 4 pips, or an X spell

You got the gender rong it's a girl, but can't u use a rank x if u have more than 4 pips? Or does it just not work?

X pip spells count as X, not 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. X Pip spells are usable on Thunderfin, not Cuthalla. Thunderfin allows X, 0, 1, 2, and 3 without Complaint. Cuthalla responds if its X, 0 (other than Star), 1, or 2. Cuthalla does not respond to Rank 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 spells.

Note that this is only for the Pylon versions, as due to too many crybabies the Grotto Sidequest Cuthalla and Eeglis have been stripped of their Cheats. Note: ONLY Cuthalla and Eeglis lost their cheats.

Unimatus has actually had his cheats enabled by using Meteor Strike whenever a heal Spell is cast. Unimatus is a Main instance boss within the Stellarium.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
cl sounds cool even tho i can't go cuz i'm in Wizard city

and did you say Ddddd-dragonspire? Man the word creeps me out...

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats.sorry if im mean

She/he never said they were a noob. All they asked was that question. What if they had lower leevel cards in their deck? o.O

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok now i'm level 52 in the floatingland, my favorite place in cl so far.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
I agree with both sides of this.

Let them in side: I agree that not all low levels are bad. I have a few low level friends that i keep becuase of how much they work on charms and wards before casting there spells.

Dont let them in side: I think this issue is easily fixed. You could do this by adding the option of allowing the teleport or not. Even though on the website is says you can go anywere you want, it also says you should ask who you will tele to if its ok. Also this is a story line, in story lines you should follow it and go to places when they tell you its ok. I have only world skipped once and i got killed 2 minutes later.

If you cant fix the issue:
Here are some tricks i learned!

Leave them in base camp and they cant get anywere

Flee

Tell them that they need to ask before teleporting when you friend them.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

your suppose to be like lvl 54 by the time you get there. go back and do side quest

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

your suppose to be like lvl 54 by the time you get there. go back and do side quest
i am level 54 now. and ( not to be rude) but i really don't think it matters what level i am and what place i am in.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
You just need to have and complete the Final Count Down quest and be at least level 48 to get there. It is wiser to be at least a level 50, since some of the mobs are difficult to solo, but it is not necessary.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
You shouldn't be in CL. You shouldgo to CL when you are the right level. It makes since why you don't understand it you shoudn't be there. You noobs shouldn't even play. I don't mean to be mean but it is the truth.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
eragon19518 wrote:
You shouldn't be in CL. You shouldgo to CL when you are the right level. It makes since why you don't understand it you shoudn't be there. You noobs shouldn't even play. I don't mean to be mean but it is the truth.
What do you mean we shouldn't play at all??? There are places for lower levels, like Wizard City, Krokotopia, and the other world besides CL !!!! So I don't think you should be saying that we shouldn't play at all, one, like I said, there are places for lower levels, two, it is mean to say.And three, I don't think it is the truth. So sorry if I was mean I am just saying my opinion.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
I do have a few low level people on my list. When I added them, I told them never to port to me unless they ask. Have also told them that I am fully willing and happy to help them out on their quests, but if they port to me in Celestia I will remove them from my list. They have up to now been very respectful of that.

I never said all low levels are bad, yes the ones I've been in contact with in Celestia have been. They are on a mission to get into dungeons in order to gain the XP in there and prematurely level up. Would this game really be that fun if you have a level 42 who is questing in krokotopia because they entered all the dungeons in every world? This technically is cheating, is this what the kids should be learning?

I'm a level 15. I completely and utterly follow the rules, however i have been to Celestia. I obeyed the rules though because i did not do anything there, i just ported to my friend who told me that he wanted to show me the safe part of Celestia. All i did was in a sense ( window shop). Sometimes I hate higher levels, like the one who teased me for losing to them in pvp. He called me a noob, and he THOUGHT that i didn't have text chat. Afterward i explained to my friends what happened. They are the higher levels i like (level 60,40,and 30). They felt bad for me and CHOOSE to show me MB because they needed help, I never started the quest, because it was a defeat _____ many ___ enemies so i never completed any of them and i am still at the average level for where i am at in the game.

I completely agree with Jasmine. You higher levels must respect us lower levels. In my opinion, I don't think most people are doing that.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I am now level 60, and I can see why people think noobs are annoying. But I don't see the right to call them noobs, low level wizards seems better. I think it's better just when low levels are in CL base camp, but suprisingly, it does annoy me now. But that doesn't mean people have the right to be mean to them and call them noobs. They are just exsploring CL, like I said before. But I'm glad they are adding the phrase " Please, may I join? " to menu chat because I don't think it gives low level wizards the right to just join a legandary's battle and ruin it for them. I get the point for both sides, but I'm not on any side. And I don't think anybody else should be. I think we should just forget this and have fun with Wizard101.
From, melcookie925
Melissa Greenrunner
Level 60, legandary
Life

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Johnist wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
so why do i have to have rebirth

I'm sorry, Melcookie925, but you are on the wrong side of this Argument. KingsIsle has the Celestia's Door Key set to requiring a MINIMUM of Level 48 and having Defeated Malistaire's quest: The Final Countdown. By porting to someone in the Grotto or Stormriven, you can mess up their plans, and throw off their game, getting not only yourself but them killed as well. Rebirth is one of the most useful spells in a Life Wizard's Arsenal, and as a Legendary Theurgist and Grandmaster Artisan, I do have to say you're a bit... Weak... in the healing department if you don't have Rebirth in the arsenal.

Even if you can port to people in Celestia, that doesn't mean you SHOULD port to people in Celestia, especially if you aren't of the proper level to truly help out. Many young Wizards think that it's okay to just run into other's battles or port to friends without even asking. That sort of thinking will often get you booted off people's friends lists more often than not.

Since you aren't Level 48, and since you probably have not completed The Final Countdown in DragonSpyre, I would recommend you return to DragonSpyre until such a time as you are ready for the challenges in Celestia.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan
Heal-Tank Extraordinaire
Side?!?! There is no " sides " to this!!! Everyone just has their opinion!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Johnist wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
only 3 more levels until i'm level 48. and is it ok to port to cl if my friends want me to?

If your friends are willing to accept the risk of death from that extra enemy or you throwing the wrong spell, then yes. It is on your friend's heads. However, after your friends are no longer on, I would recommend against STAYING in Celestia, as many people will be annoyed by the sheer fact you are there early.

I myself run 2 Wizards, using my Storm wizard as a minion for the most part, so that I could get more of the needed enemies in battle, and have another way of killing the enemies while I focused on keeping myself and my alternate wizard alive. Many people will think you're just there to steal the Loot, and nothing else. I would recommend honestly waiting until you have at least Rebirth, and MAYBE your Grandmaster Gear (or at least the Level 45 Overlord Set or Level 50 Epic set of clothes) before going to Celestia.
When I was level 45, my spells WERE strong and I wouldn't kill my friends just for joining their battle.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
At level 43 you don't have rebirth yet. How are you going to effectively heal 3 others in battle? With the amount of damage a celestian enemy can cause, you cannot heal everyone and keep everyone alive.

Have a little respect for those that have earned entry to Celestia by doing all their quests. Why don't you just go focus on your own quests and gain entry the right way?

melcookie925 wrote:
I had good healing spells when I was level 43....... And I do respect legendarys!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

my balance is only 49 and hasnt started cl. get to 52 before you do anything else. thats the smart thing
Does it really matter what level I am? I think your just trying to keep me away from cl and be mean to me!