Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

''too small, try again''

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
corncake21567 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!

I so agree with you. Cuthalla is annoying when he says that.

why cause u dont have a rank 4 spell is that it?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE

First its cl and still you shouldnt be there!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF CELESTIA!!!!!! i dont mean to offend you but i dont want "noobs"in cl. Just get out plz.

If his friends has requested him for assistance and he is not interfering with anyone's else game, he has every right to be there. He paid is money just like you. So, I don't mean to offend you, but it doesn't matter what you want in this instance.
its a girl noob

me or the person that started this?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
catboy2197 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

You "hate noobs"? Wow, that's pretty mean.

so what most ppl in cl that have access to it through the spiral door do to!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

so what most ppl in cl that have access to it through the spiral door do to!!!!!!!!!

Most people may have access through the Spiral Door, but how many of them ACTUALLY earned their Spiral Keys from the Warehouse?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Johnist wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Most people may have access through the Spiral Door, but how many of them ACTUALLY earned their Spiral Keys from the Warehouse?

first of all you dont need to do the warehouse to get into cl and i did do it but im pretty sure everyone that has lvl 58 spell did.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Johnist wrote:

I didn't do the Warehouse because it came out before the level cap was raised and I was already a grandmaster. I thought it was pointless to do a quest that was not required and the xp given would be a waste for me. By the time Celestia finally came out, I had forgotten about the Warehouse quests and went on in the easier way. Since the Warehouse isn't required, it doesn't dictate who "earns their Spiral Keys."

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
To all of those who say that trlrporting to someone messes up their plans, I'm sure you've done that at least once when you were a lower level wizard. And is it really that annoying when a person who is below the minimum level, when it could be quite helpful? What if they have crowns and you don't? Especially when you are in CL. What if they have some higher lvl friends who could help? And besides, we don't have to do the Warehouse anymore to get to CL. And how in the world does having rebirth make you any stronger? It's a HEALING spell. Definetly doesn't change much, except you are less likely to die.. And I am sure many people don't have Rebirth right when they get to Lvl 48. I didn't. And plz stop calling people "noobs".
First, it's just plain mean. Second, a lot of people ported to their higher lvl friends when they were a lower level.
Some people just want to ask the opinion of others on the Message Boards instead of searching on the Internet. Geez.

Mariah SpiritHunter
Legendary Theurgist

P.S. Why can't KI just not let people say "noob" on the Message Boards and Wizard101? It would solve so many problems!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
yangtze4 wrote:

P.S. Why can't KI just not let people say "noob" on the Message Boards and Wizard101? It would solve so many problems!
Yes, it would solve a lot of proublums!!!!!!!!!!1

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
To all of you who don't like people port to you, there isa block teleports button in the option screen :D

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
yangtze4 wrote:
And how in the world does having rebirth make you any stronger? It's a HEALING spell. Definetly doesn't change much, except you are less likely to die.. And I am sure many people don't have Rebirth right when they get to Lvl 48. I didn't. And plz stop calling people "noobs".
First, it's just plain mean.
Mariah SpiritHunter
Legendary Theurgist

Rebirth is the level 48 Life school spell. Life students get the quest right when they hit level 48.

Calling people a "noob" is mean. It is also rude and immature, IMO. Not to mention I think the person using it is one. The problem is if KI removed noob, people would find a way around the filter to say it or another word would replace it. Really the best thing is to ignore them. I know that is hard and words can hurt terribly.

People who abuse others verbally do it to make themselves feel better. My daughter with disabilities was verbally bullied in school. It took us the longest time to teacher her the bullies were the ones with the problem. She should feel bad for them. We also taught her this response, "You're right I do have disabilities. So what is YOUR excuse?" That stunned them into silence and ended their bullying her.

Megan

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
You know I have noticed something. This topic was SPOUSPED to be about why the message '' too small, try again'' is appearing, NOT about noobs. Almost everyone on here is talking about noobs. And I think that we should stop talking about noobs. Because I don't want people to be mean to each other about noobs. Ok?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
You know I have noticed something. This topic was SPOUSPED to be about why the message '' too small, try again'' is appearing, NOT about noobs. Almost everyone on here is talking about noobs. And I think that we should stop talking about noobs. Because I don't want people to be mean to each other about noobs. Ok?

While that was your intention your thread got turned into something else. You melcookie925 hit a nerve. Many Upper level people deeply resent and are quite angry about the ability to port into "their" world by lower level people. Any thread like this lets them get on their soapbox and decry the "noobs" in "their" world.

People will be people. You are right though. The people calling others names is mean. I find it very sad. I also can't help think it takes one to know one.

Megan-who is now stepping off her soapbox

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?
you dont have your lv 48 spell.
Guess what people?????????? I just got to CL. Woo hoo!!!!! And I'm on the quest for the level 48 spell!!!!!!!!!!!! ok bye now.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?
you dont have your lv 48 spell.
Guess what people?????????? I just got to CL. Woo hoo!!!!! And I'm on the quest for the level 48 spell!!!!!!!!!!!! ok bye now.

you should get to 50. thats the smart thing to do.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE

First its cl and still you shouldnt be there!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF CELESTIA!!!!!! i dont mean to offend you but i dont want "noobs"in cl. Just get out plz.

First of all. I hate lower levels in Celestia as much as you do. But, you have ABSOLUTELY no right what so ever, to tell someone to get out of Celestia. You need to learn to keep your comments to yourself when it's not needed.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
likeluigi123 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

If his friends has requested him for assistance and he is not interfering with anyone's else game, he has every right to be there. He paid is money just like you. So, I don't mean to offend you, but it doesn't matter what you want in this instance.
its a girl noob

me or the person that started this?

You

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
yangtze4 wrote:

Yes, it would solve a lot of proublums!!!!!!!!!!1

they'll just say lower lvls or newbies.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
jengo900 wrote:
they srsly need to put a lvl cap on worlds so that noobs cant port

yea no duh thats what i been saying idk if KI post mine though

Hero
May 02, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

Since no one here is kind enough to answer your question, I'll answer it for you.

Basically, you want to use spells that are rank 4 and higher. If you use any spell under rank 3, then he will use tower. Same goes for heals; none under rank 4, otherwise he heals himself with a 5000 point satyr(sometimes he can even use wraith on the healer). If you polymorph, he will then use orthrus on the person who polymorphed. If you use steal ward on him, he will use a wraith on you (the person who used it).

Now there are some exceptions to this. First off, using star spells is safe, as technically they're aura spells, and not normal buff/protection spells. Also, if you use ghoul on him, then he will put a tower on the person who used ghoul on him.

I hope that I managed to help you and your friends out and and answer your question for you.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
This quite surprises me!

Level 43 isn't really a noob :S

Most of you who think that you arent noobs also thought this at level 43, so dont be so quick to judge.

KI have set a level 48 cap on CL so you have to be level 48 to enter by yourself or to begin the questline. The have NOT set a level cap on the world, lower level wizards may port in at any time, and this is KI's intention!

So stop complaining that low level wizards are in 'your' world, it is every subscribers' world!

Mitchell DragonHeart
Legendary Diviner

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
rupertjames wrote:
This quite surprises me!

Level 43 isn't really a noob :S

Most of you who think that you arent noobs also thought this at level 43, so dont be so quick to judge.

KI have set a level 48 cap on CL so you have to be level 48 to enter by yourself or to begin the questline. The have NOT set a level cap on the world, lower level wizards may port in at any time, and this is KI's intention!

So stop complaining that low level wizards are in 'your' world, it is every subscribers' world!

Mitchell DragonHeart
Legendary Diviner

Lower Levels should stick to their quests, not jump into other worlds where they are far outclassed and cannot offer true support. Anything below an official MASTER should not be in Celestia, PERIOD. No Magus, Adept, Journeyman, let alone NOVICE wizards. If I bring my lower level alts to Celestia to help me, I keep them WITH me at all times, not running them willy-nilly into anyone else's battles.

Also, is it too much to expect low levels to show bloody courtesy with the Pylon bosses? KingsIsle increased the amount of gold you get from your own worlds drops at the Bazaar, so please, people, DON'T come to Celestia just to stand in fights and get loot, it's annoying, tedious, and while my storm wizard can usually pwn off the extra enemy or too, that requires me to wait an extra turn or to.

I will not heal any Low Level, especially Low Level MUTES, who run into my battles. The Menu Chat options, while good, don't have the needed 'You're not ready for this world', 'Please return to your own quests', or 'You're getting in my way, Stop it!' options. Too many low levels refuse to listen when you tell them 'No' or 'Don't cast that'. I'm sorry, but perhaps Celestia does need the world LOCKED to 40+ only.

Also, the ability to Deny Teleport when requested would be a very beloved feature for them to add. I don't want to turn off my ports because that means the friends I'm expecting to port can't port, and if a friend I don't want to port tries to port, like with a friend request or hatch request, I'd like to be able to decline their port.

I would also love to see a Friends/Group only battle option, where I wouldn't have to WORRY about those lower level and/or extremely brainless players (I've ended up facing Cuthalla with a Level 60 Pyromancer who was a complete epic noob and refused to listen when I was asking him to stop using blades, traps, and shields! I will remind you that that isn't pleasant in the least, and at least was before the update where Cuthalla got his 90% shields back!).

In all honesty, it is a player's spell usage that determines if they fall into 'noob' category, not level. If you are a 'Master of' or a 'Legendary' wizard and you RELY on your Out of School spells for your primary damage, I'm sorry, you are a Noob, end of story. You are also a Noob if you are using a different school's Rank 7 choker, since it will be a waste of all your power pips to cast.

So, in finishing, yes, there are a few ways KingsIsle could solve this problem other than World Locking it to a Level requirement. We will have to see if KingsIsle will do anything to help the Advanced wizard, and not the Epic Noob. KingsIsle already listened to the whining noobs and removed the cheats from the Grotto Cuthalla and Eeglis (epic failure there, KI! EPIC FAILURE!), which probably means that Cuthalla no longer drops the same items as the Cuthalla in the Pylons. At least, I HOPE that it means that. Otherwise why should anyone bother going to the pylons, other than to fight the boss with his cheats, enjoy a challenge, and prove you don't care if a boss cheats, you can find a way around it and surpass the boss.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
u guys leave him alone ( hope i got gender rite) he just asked a simple question and you randomly start to rant?!?! considering the way ur all acting you dont seem all good 2 be around, any way, the "too small try again " means you used a spell under 4 pips, or an X spell

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Most of the posts are not relenting to the question in any relevance. All he/she asked was why does it say "too small, try again". All complaints about " Noobs" should go in a different subject. Unless your answering her question, your time isn't needed here.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I dont see what is wrong If he is helping his friend-so? I have my level 20 friend port to me and he hemped me defat a Stormriven boss-we both lived. Please, be nice.

isaac icebreath