Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

''too small, try again''

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
It is because you do not use a spell ranked high enough, this boss is probably cuthalla, which you need to do a rank 4 spell.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
why is it in a battle a message at the top of the sceern say ''too small, try again''. is this because the spells are to weak.? if so, how strong do the spells have to be to have to cast them. i'm just wondering. bye!!!!!!!
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats.sorry if im mean

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

I so agree with you. Cuthalla is annoying when he says that.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
you shouldnt be in cl,i hate noobs.oh and cuthalla cheats
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
well, my friends sometimes go in celistia and battle, and i help them, so that's how i got into CE

First its cl and still you shouldnt be there!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF CELESTIA!!!!!! i dont mean to offend you but i dont want "noobs"in cl. Just get out plz.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

First its cl and still you shouldnt be there!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF CELESTIA!!!!!! i dont mean to offend you but i dont want "noobs"in cl. Just get out plz.

If his friends has requested him for assistance and he is not interfering with anyone's else game, he has every right to be there. He paid is money just like you. So, I don't mean to offend you, but it doesn't matter what you want in this instance.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

If his friends has requested him for assistance and he is not interfering with anyone's else game, he has every right to be there. He paid is money just like you. So, I don't mean to offend you, but it doesn't matter what you want in this instance.
its a girl noob

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

You "hate noobs"? Wow, that's pretty mean.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Exactly.

Hero
May 02, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. And what if he's a decent level and/or this was his first time fighting cuthalla? These are all things that you need to take into consideration before saying "oh, this guy doesnt know how to fight cl bosses, so he must be a noob"; think before you act, no offense.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
You're a prime example of why noobs should not be in Celestia. Why didn't you ask your friends about that message?

melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:
You're a prime example of why noobs should not be in Celestia. Why didn't you ask your friends about that message?

melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
thank you,someone finally aggrees with me

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Cuthalla is a Cheating Boss.

For Cuthalla your spells must be Rank 4 or Higher, excluding Star School auras.

Do NOT cast Charms or Wards. these will cause him to Tower or Wraith. Do not Polymorph, this will get you hit with Orthrus.

Rank X spells can result in any of the following: Tower Shield, Wraith, 5000 Satyr to Cuthalla

Note: Cuthalla is a Side Quest, not a Main Quest.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

i'm aloud to go to cl ( i said it right this time). and it's not going to ruin the world if i'm in there. and please don't shout at me. there is really no reson to.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
ok i'm not a ''noob'' to cl. i can go to cl if i want to. and anyway, what wrong with a level 43 life wizard to be in cl?
you dont have your lv 48 spell.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
so why do i have to have rebirth

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

I'm sorry, Melcookie925, but you are on the wrong side of this Argument. KingsIsle has the Celestia's Door Key set to requiring a MINIMUM of Level 48 and having Defeated Malistaire's quest: The Final Countdown. By porting to someone in the Grotto or Stormriven, you can mess up their plans, and throw off their game, getting not only yourself but them killed as well. Rebirth is one of the most useful spells in a Life Wizard's Arsenal, and as a Legendary Theurgist and Grandmaster Artisan, I do have to say you're a bit... Weak... in the healing department if you don't have Rebirth in the arsenal.

Even if you can port to people in Celestia, that doesn't mean you SHOULD port to people in Celestia, especially if you aren't of the proper level to truly help out. Many young Wizards think that it's okay to just run into other's battles or port to friends without even asking. That sort of thinking will often get you booted off people's friends lists more often than not.

Since you aren't Level 48, and since you probably have not completed The Final Countdown in DragonSpyre, I would recommend you return to DragonSpyre until such a time as you are ready for the challenges in Celestia.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan
Heal-Tank Extraordinaire

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Johnist wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

I'm sorry, Melcookie925, but you are on the wrong side of this Argument. KingsIsle has the Celestia's Door Key set to requiring a MINIMUM of Level 48 and having Defeated Malistaire's quest: The Final Countdown. By porting to someone in the Grotto or Stormriven, you can mess up their plans, and throw off their game, getting not only yourself but them killed as well. Rebirth is one of the most useful spells in a Life Wizard's Arsenal, and as a Legendary Theurgist and Grandmaster Artisan, I do have to say you're a bit... Weak... in the healing department if you don't have Rebirth in the arsenal.

Even if you can port to people in Celestia, that doesn't mean you SHOULD port to people in Celestia, especially if you aren't of the proper level to truly help out. Many young Wizards think that it's okay to just run into other's battles or port to friends without even asking. That sort of thinking will often get you booted off people's friends lists more often than not.

Since you aren't Level 48, and since you probably have not completed The Final Countdown in DragonSpyre, I would recommend you return to DragonSpyre until such a time as you are ready for the challenges in Celestia.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan
Heal-Tank Extraordinaire
only 3 more levels until i'm level 48. and is it ok to port to cl if my friends want me to?

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Johnist wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan
Heal-Tank Extraordinaire
yeah dude your right,she doesnt have lv50 gear also
gavin battlehorn,lv60
~go fight or go home~
(second motto)~steal to heal~

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan
Heal-Tank Extraordinaire
only 3 more levels until i'm level 48. and is it ok to port to cl if my friends want me to?
youll get them killed

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

If your friends are willing to accept the risk of death from that extra enemy or you throwing the wrong spell, then yes. It is on your friend's heads. However, after your friends are no longer on, I would recommend against STAYING in Celestia, as many people will be annoyed by the sheer fact you are there early.

I myself run 2 Wizards, using my Storm wizard as a minion for the most part, so that I could get more of the needed enemies in battle, and have another way of killing the enemies while I focused on keeping myself and my alternate wizard alive. Many people will think you're just there to steal the Loot, and nothing else. I would recommend honestly waiting until you have at least Rebirth, and MAYBE your Grandmaster Gear (or at least the Level 45 Overlord Set or Level 50 Epic set of clothes) before going to Celestia.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Ignore the rude people, melcookie. If a friend asks a lower level wizard to port so that they can assist with a boss then that is completely fine. I'm actually ashamed to see so many higher-level wizards verbally attacking someone simply for teleporting to a friend in CL after their friend requested for help. Saying that you "hate noobs" and "get out of Celestia" etc. etc. just makes you come off as an obnoxious, rude noob yourself.

To any lower-levels reading this, PLEASE do not think that all Grandmaster and Legendary wizards are as rude as some of the people who've posted before me.

-Jessica SkullSlinger: Legendary Necromancer
Jessica DreamCatcher: Grandmaster Sorcerer
Jessica DuskWhisper: Grandmaster Diviner
Jessica WildFlame: Master Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Well we all have a right to our own opinion, so have no idea what you are ashamed of dream2dust.

Keep in mind, there are 4 spots on the battle field, if someone asks a low level to port to them, they not only take the chance getting killed themselves, they have also changed the dynamic of the battle for everyone else.

So before you start saying you are ashamed, why not think before you type.

dream2dust wrote:
Ignore the rude people, melcookie. If a friend asks a lower level wizard to port so that they can assist with a boss then that is completely fine. I'm actually ashamed to see so many higher-level wizards verbally attacking someone simply for teleporting to a friend in CL after their friend requested for help. Saying that you "hate noobs" and "get out of Celestia" etc. etc. just makes you come off as an obnoxious, rude noob yourself.

To any lower-levels reading this, PLEASE do not think that all Grandmaster and Legendary wizards are as rude as some of the people who've posted before me.

-Jessica SkullSlinger: Legendary Necromancer
Jessica DreamCatcher: Grandmaster Sorcerer
Jessica DuskWhisper: Grandmaster Diviner
Jessica WildFlame: Master Pyromancer