Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Items not selling for listed price!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, at the Bazaar, some things you can go to, like clothes, rings, and athames, and when you click it, it shows you the price you will get if you sell it. So, you click sell and another screen appears, saying, are you sure you want to sell this item for this price? with a yes or no. OK, so far so good.

Now, before anyone jumps in here and says something when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Under reagents and pet snacks. When you click on one, it will show you a price, the bazaar may not even have any. And when you go to sell it, the price takes a major hit, selling a lot lower than the listed price. Now, you can not sell and look again. Still no item at bazaar, so why is the list price that it states it will sell for, not the same?

I think this is a bug and it needs to be fixed!

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Ok, at the Bazaar, some things you can go to, like clothes, rings, and athames, and when you click it, it shows you the price you will get if you sell it. So, you click sell and another screen appears, saying, are you sure you want to sell this item for this price? with a yes or no. OK, so far so good.

Now, before anyone jumps in here and says something when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Under reagents and pet snacks. When you click on one, it will show you a price, the bazaar may not even have any. And when you go to sell it, the price takes a major hit, selling a lot lower than the listed price. Now, you can not sell and look again. Still no item at bazaar, so why is the list price that it states it will sell for, not the same?

hmm? idk whats going on, I just hate that you cant sell certain stuff at the bazaar

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Hey darthjt. What kind of price fluctuation are we talking about here? It seems that particularly since they added the bulk buy and sell option, what could be happening is that many sells happen at once (bring the price down) while bulks buys are occurring right after that (leaving it still appear empty when you're done). If what you are describing happens every time, then it could be a bug. If it only happens once in a while, then its probably a situation like I just described, particularly if it happens more often when the game gets full.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Hey darthjt. What kind of price fluctuation are we talking about here? It seems that particularly since they added the bulk buy and sell option, what could be happening is that many sells happen at once (bring the price down) while bulks buys are occurring right after that (leaving it still appear empty when you're done). If what you are describing happens every time, then it could be a bug. If it only happens once in a while, then its probably a situation like I just described, particularly if it happens more often when the game gets full.

I know all about bulk buying and selling. and I am not selling in bulk. I am selling one at a time. Lets say, for instance a pearl, lists for 242, but when you go to sell it, it says sell for 63?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It is a bug. I tried it with Mega Pet Snacks for a test (seeing that even IF one of those get into the bazaar, it gets purchased again faster than you can blink) - it is stated that the 8 point ones sell for 1800 gold, but if you try to actually sell it, the game will only give you 1000 gold for them - no matter what time you try to sell, and which of the 8 point snacks you sell.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I know all about bulk buying and selling. and I am not selling in bulk. I am selling one at a time. Lets say, for instance a pearl, lists for 242, but when you go to sell it, it says sell for 63?

Hey darthjt. I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't know about bulk, or that you were utilizing it. I was just trying to say that other people using it in the background could produce unpredictable results. However, its sounds like from listening to this post and the one from bookshelvings, that this is a consistent problem, so you should probably submit a bug report to KI. If you've never done that before, I'd be happy to try and help with any questions you may have.