Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Levels in Celestia, a How To...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Alright, so I've listened to everyone complain about the lower levels in Celestia, I've messaged countless friends in aggravation when they get me killed, and have learned how to deal with both the helpful and the painful lower levels that jump into my battles.

Firstly, let me say for the lower levels reading this I do not suggest or approve of porting in at a low level. I agree with the shouldn't be there yet side, but if you really must be there for whatever reason at least try to be as considerate as possible.

For the Lower Levels

So you ported a friend in Celestia, whether invited or not, I suggest you look around and head back to the world you're working in, you'll get to Celestia soon enough! If you do choose to stay, here are some suggestions as to how to do your best in Celestia.

1. Do NOT expect the upper level wizards to take care of you. Be careful not to attract the mob's attention if you don't want to be killed.

2. Help the Grands if you can. Bring along traps, shields, blades, and heals. Maybe a few finisher hits if you have hits worth using. Remember to always shield the person being hit, if there's a grand of the same class as you, be sure to blade/trap for them.

3. NEVER use someone elses' traps without asking. This goes for Grands as well, that person laid those traps, don't use them without permission.

4. Follow directions given by others in the battle. A difference between CL and DS is that in CL teamwork is more needed... if you are a lower level be sure to try your best to communicate with the others in your battle and follow directions.

5. Ask before joining a battle. "Mind if I join you?" works just great. This makes a good impression, if you get told that you are not wanted, look for a battle elsewhere.

6. Be polite. This is a game, there's no reason to get upset if someone makes a rude comment towards you. It's usually best to ignore the comment, or go with something like "I'm sorry you feel that way." Avoid getting dragged into an argument wth an upper level, doing so may tempt them in to sinking you, or waiting for you to die.

7. Never forget to thank those Grands that are nice and kind to you, and remember how upsetting you found the ones that weren't when one day YOU'RE in Celestia and are dealing with lower levels.

8. Those are the main ones I can recall without a specific situation, I'm sure others will have more to add.

For the Upper Levels

1. I know, I know, believe me, they got into my battle AGAIN and I died. Hmph, I give up, all lower levels are horrible and rude. Don't give up hope, keep in mind that they're curious and can be useful. Be positive, give directions and hope they listen. You were level one once too, be nice and paitent, these wizards will someday be frustrated grandmasters just like you, and someday they'll remember that paitent wizard in Celestia that took them under his/her wing.

2. Be polite. Whether you're young or old it's important to keep in mind that you don't know how old the person you're talking to is. Think about how you would feel if you found out someone was rude to your daughter/son or younger brother/sister.

3. SAFE CHAT! Ahhhhh! All I'm going to say is try your best, if things go badly realm hop after. Give instructions if you can using the safe chat menu. Personally I've found that by the time I find the phrase I want to use the 30 seconds are over, but I'm getting faster.

4. They eat my traps. Yup, sometimes they do, ask them nicely not to, and if they don't listen then plan yor traps carefully. Place a trap the round before you hit when they're using a shield/blade/trap of their own. Pray you don't fizzle...

5. BUT HE STARTED IT! I know, put him on ignore and realm hop. Sigh and move on.

6. I'm sure someone has more to add on.

Thanks those of you who read this and feel free to add on. I'm aware that most of this is common sense, but it seems that both the upper and lower level players in Celestia have forgotten such manners.

Please take all complaints else where, let's be constructive and not turn this thread into yet another place where everyone's upset. Like I always tell my kids, there will be a $5 fee for whhhiiinnning.

~Scarlet StormFlame (Legendary Theurgist)
~Scarlet StormEyes (Legendary Necromancer)
~Scarlet StormRiver (Legendary Diviner)

Defender
May 30, 2009
Am I seriously the only one who has gone through all of Celestia without having a single problem with lower-levels joining my battles? The only time I even see lower-levels in Celestia is when they're wandering around the base camps looking around.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Hmm very nice... this should be tagged at the top of the list.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
THAAAAAANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all those masters that are mean to lower levels but they were lvl 1 once so yeah 8)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ronnieroo wrote:
Alright, so I've listened to everyone complain about the lower levels in Celestia, I've messaged countless friends in aggravation when they get me killed, and have learned how to deal with both the helpful and the painful lower levels that jump into my battles.

Firstly, let me say for the lower levels reading this I do not suggest or approve of porting in at a low level. I agree with the shouldn't be there yet side, but if you really must be there for whatever reason at least try to be as considerate as possible.

For the Lower Levels

So you ported a friend in Celestia, whether invited or not, I suggest you look around and head back to the world you're working in, you'll get to Celestia soon enough! If you do choose to stay, here are some suggestions as to how to do your best in Celestia.

1. Do NOT expect the upper level wizards to take care of you. Be careful not to attract the mob's attention if you don't want to be killed.

2. Help the Grands if you can. Bring along traps, shields, blades, and heals. Maybe a few finisher hits if you have hits worth using. Remember to always shield the person being hit, if there's a grand of the same class as you, be sure to blade/trap for them.

3. NEVER use someone elses' traps without asking. This goes for Grands as well, that person laid those traps, don't use them without permission.

4. Follow directions given by others in the battle. A difference between CL and DS is that in CL teamwork is more needed... if you are a lower level be sure to try your best to communicate with the others in your battle and follow directions.

5. Ask before joining a battle. "Mind if I join you?" works just great. This makes a good impression, if you get told that you are not wanted, look for a battle elsewhere.

6. Be polite. This is a game, there's no reason to get upset if someone makes a rude comment towards you. It's usually best to ignore the comment, or go with something like "I'm sorry you feel that way." Avoid getting dragged into an argument wth an upper level, doing so may tempt them in to sinking you, or waiting for you to die.

7. Never forget to thank those Grands that are nice and kind to you, and remember how upsetting you found the ones that weren't when one day YOU'RE in Celestia and are dealing with lower levels.

8. Those are the main ones I can recall without a specific situation, I'm sure others will have more to add.

For the Upper Levels

1. I know, I know, believe me, they got into my battle AGAIN and I died. Hmph, I give up, all lower levels are horrible and rude. Don't give up hope, keep in mind that they're curious and can be useful. Be positive, give directions and hope they listen. You were level one once too, be nice and paitent, these wizards will someday be frustrated grandmasters just like you, and someday they'll remember that paitent wizard in Celestia that took them under his/her wing.

2. Be polite. Whether you're young or old it's important to keep in mind that you don't know how old the person you're talking to is. Think about how you would feel if you found out someone was rude to your daughter/son or younger brother/sister.

3. SAFE CHAT! Ahhhhh! All I'm going to say is try your best, if things go badly realm hop after. Give instructions if you can using the safe chat menu. Personally I've found that by the time I find the phrase I want to use the 30 seconds are over, but I'm getting faster.

4. They eat my traps. Yup, sometimes they do, ask them nicely not to, and if they don't listen then plan yor traps carefully. Place a trap the round before you hit when they're using a shield/blade/trap of their own. Pray you don't fizzle...

5. BUT HE STARTED IT! I know, put him on ignore and realm hop. Sigh and move on.

6. I'm sure someone has more to add on.

Thanks those of you who read this and feel free to add on. I'm aware that most of this is common sense, but it seems that both the upper and lower level players in Celestia have forgotten such manners.

Please take all complaints else where, let's be constructive and not turn this thread into yet another place where everyone's upset. Like I always tell my kids, there will be a $5 fee for whhhiiinnning.

~Scarlet StormFlame (Legendary Theurgist)
~Scarlet StormEyes (Legendary Necromancer)
~Scarlet StormRiver (Legendary Diviner)

OK one thing is that the only way you can have 3 legends is that you play 24/7. Another is THEY TAKE ARE TRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! i just HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
yes i am a Legendary Pyromancer
and yes i was one a level 1

but i did not ask any wizard to every take me to another world.

i worked my way to up to the keys.

if i proved my self when a higher up helped me out in a fight
i got invited to join them...
but i NEVER asked any upper wizard to take me anywhere.

and i always ask if i may join in to the fights unless i got pulled in
then i apologized and took care of what ever pulled me in.

it is called courtesy... and consideration.

to day i made legendary.... and i got my final spell on my own with out help.

it is possible to do so even tho the battle is totally unfair
as the 16 k boss with his 2 k baba louie kept hitting me.
with the resources KI allows us i wont and got the Efreet.

so not i am willing to help any grand master to obtain the title of Legendary ______________

but i will pick and choose my apprentice...
do not continually harass me or i not assist you in your climb.
i have two apprentices to assist currently.

thank you, KI for allowing me to speak my piece.