Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jade oni

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
So I think we all know that the Jade Oni in MS drops the jade oni pet, but I've fought him a few times now and am starting to wonder how rare this pet actually is. I'm sure there is another topic out there concerning this very matter, but I couldn't find it. Anybody know how many times until he drops the pet? I'm not sure if this is fact or fiction, but I've heard that if you kill a boss with a certain level spell that makes him drop different things (not sure what to believe on that one). Would somone please shed some light on the situation? Thanks all 8)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
The Jade Oni can also be bought with Crowns. Not sure where.

Keep in mind that the Jade Oni is one of those odd ball pets; it gives a Balance card (5 pip pure Balance hit), yet has Myth talents.

It just so happens my Life character did a hatch with a Jade Oni, and got another Oni, only this one would be half life and half myth. Then I raised that one to Teen, it got Spritely, so I raised to Adult, raised a dropped Krokitillian to Adult, did a hatch, and again I got another Oni with Spritely. Then raised that one to Adult, did a hatch with a Hydra, and the results are to be determined, but the Myth is pretty well beat out of the genes.

Keep in mind that this is a lot of gold!

In my opinion, if you are going to spend Crowns, get a Celestia pet. If your character is Ice, you can get the Starfish on Celestia for gold. If you can't get to Celestia, ask someone to let you port to them, but make sure to point out you are there only for the pet, and you won't port to them in battles. I believe the Celestia Crown pets are available in the Crown shop in the upper left hand corner.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009