Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Wizard, not the Wizard of choice.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have been asked several times in the game, what Wizard do you consider the best designed for the game. My reply is always the same, just about anything other than an Ice Wizard. I don’t mean to insult the Ice Wizards in the game, but this is why I say that.

Imagine deciding to be an Ice Wizard, at the start of your Wizard101 adventure. You struggle with weak spells, long battles, and few want you to join in. The last person I want in my battle is an Ice Wizard, as they draw the battle out. No spells that give you attack and life, no spells that can hit hard in one spell. (The ICE Wizard is more of a defensive player, that builds up small attacks, as it doesn’t have any real power.)
The Ice Wizard finally get shields and later a small jump in your attack ability when you gain Colossus. Your next big spell “Frost Giant” is lack luster, but it is still a new addition, that helps when battling multiple opponents.

You are still too weak to play in PvP, you don’t have any hitting power, no single spell that will do any real damage. So PvP is no longer an option as it is for Death, Storm, Myth, or Fire. The only advantage Ice had was the shields, but earthquake can removed all of them in one spell. So, Ice looses any real option of being able to play in this section of the game. Not to mention the taunts that Ice gets when he loses to Death, Storm or Fire, they do get mean sometimes. That being said, different age groups play this game, so you do need to expect that, I guess.

Now you get to enter Celestia, where the Opponents are much smarter, and have a lot more power. They are smart enough to hit you with a small spell to remove “all” your minus fifty shields, and then the next opponent in line can hit you with a ton of damage. Finally the health of the Ice Wizard is at par with the rest of the Wizards, he no longer has any advantage at all. No shields to defend himself, and no power to take the opponents out before he is taken out. In “Celestria, the Ice Wizard must join a battle already in progress, to be able to survive.

The Ice Wizard have one last hope, get to Level 58 as quick as possible for the new spell that KI has released. As you start your mad dash to Level 58, you get a preview of your new spell. Your jaw drops, your head sags, it just another weak spell over time. It takes one more step to make sure you are killed even faster, it adds taunt to the spell. It may make sense to add taunt as an additional spell to use if you needed it, but to add it to the spell itself. Why would anyone want this, it was a poor decision, and certainly was not well thought out.

Someone else on this board ranked the Wizard as follows below. Personally, I would have put the Death Wizard higher in the listing.

Here are the schools ranked in attack power (I'm pretty sure anyway):
1. Storm 70% accuracy-(Highest Damage)
2. Fire 75% accuracy-(Damage Over Time Spells)
3. Myth 80% accuracy-(Minions)
4.Balance 85% accuracy- (Boosts/Defends any school)
5. Death 85% accuracy- (life sapping attacks)
6. Life 90% accuracy- (healing spells)
7. Ice 80% accuracy- (high health items)

Bottom line, if you are new to the game, or are still early in the game, drop your Ice Wizard. For this Wizard is the poorest choice of any of the other Wizards. Even life is a much better choice, plus everyone will want you on their team.

I really don't mean to insult the Ice Wizards, I know that many have done very well. I just want to warn the new people who are just starting out the pittfalls of the Ice Wizard.

From a Death Wizard’s point of view.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
All of that is your opinion, not the Gospel truth.

Which other school can get as much health as an Ice wizard?

This sounds like a PvP issue. I personally welcome an Ice Wizard into my group of four when going into a tough area. They can take a lot of damage, so that the wizards with less Health and more powerful spells can set up for the big shot.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I've almost gotten my Ice wizard to grand, and I gotta say, I'm loving it. I will agree with you in saying that in the beginning the attacks are a bit of a let down, but the decent accuracy, amazing health, awesome armor and great shields make up for it. I have had two other wizards in two of the more popular schools (storm and fire) and I don't like them as much. I'm always telling people who think Ice is lame that it's really all how you treat what you've got. If you're used to getting big damage with only a few pips, chose Storm, and I wish you the very best of luck with it. The same thing with any of the other schools. Every single school has some sort of difficulty, as well as some sort of advantage. I'm convinced that we're all going to think that our first school is the best, not because that is true, but because we've had time to adapt to it and make the best of the awesome parts, as well as the not-so-awesome parts. I'm not trying to convince anybody that Ice is the best school, but if big hits is all that matters to you, I suggest you either pick a different school or rethink your strategy. 8)

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I think we actually need more Ice wizards because they seem to be a dying breed.

I love my Ice wizard, as she was my beta wizard and my very first one. I have soloed through the entire game since it came out and I have went through every change and addition to the game with her. So, obviously, I would never ever give up on her no matter what the situation.

I don't really mind being totally "useless", as others have said. I appreciate being the tank and having the ability to defend myself and others. I could easily throw in a few blades and traps, Balefrost, then Blizzard and take out any enemies, just as any other school can.

We're not totally weak (obviously.), and while we do have the major disadvantage of not being the strongest and coolest wizard to play, we've got some pretty good perks to keep us going.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Ice wizards are the tanks of Wizard101, and they have a lot of tricks like shield stealing and frostbite. I certainly don't want to go up against an ice wizard on my balance wizard in pvp, and defend that no class is any more powerful than any other class.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
I have been asked several times in the game, what Wizard do you consider the best designed for the game. My reply is always the same, just about anything other than an Ice Wizard. I don’t mean to insult the Ice Wizards in the game, but this is why I say that.

Imagine deciding to be an Ice Wizard, at the start of your Wizard101 adventure. You struggle with weak spells, long battles, and few want you to join in. The last person I want in my battle is an Ice Wizard, as they draw the battle out. No spells that give you attack and life, no spells that can hit hard in one spell. (The ICE Wizard is more of a defensive player, that builds up small attacks, as it doesn’t have any real power.)
The Ice Wizard finally get shields and later a small jump in your attack ability when you gain Colossus. Your next big spell “Frost Giant” is lack luster, but it is still a new addition, that helps when battling multiple opponents.

You are still too weak to play in PvP, you don’t have any hitting power, no single spell that will do any real damage. So PvP is no longer an option as it is for Death, Storm, Myth, or Fire. The only advantage Ice had was the shields, but earthquake can removed all of them in one spell. So, Ice looses any real option of being able to play in this section of the game. Not to mention the taunts that Ice gets when he loses to Death, Storm or Fire, they do get mean sometimes. That being said, different age groups play this game, so you do need to expect that, I guess.

Now you get to enter Celestia, where the Opponents are much smarter, and have a lot more power. They are smart enough to hit you with a small spell to remove “all” your minus fifty shields, and then the next opponent in line can hit you with a ton of damage. Finally the health of the Ice Wizard is at par with the rest of the Wizards, he no longer has any advantage at all. No shields to defend himself, and no power to take the opponents out before he is taken out. In “Celestria, the Ice Wizard must join a battle already in progress, to be able to survive.

The Ice Wizard have one last hope, get to Level 58 as quick as possible for the new spell that KI has released. As you start your mad dash to Level 58, you get a preview of your new spell. Your jaw drops, your head sags, it just another weak spell over time. It takes one more step to make sure you are killed even faster, it adds taunt to the spell. It may make sense to add taunt as an additional spell to use if you needed it, but to add it to the spell itself. Why would anyone want this, it was a poor decision, and certainly was not well thought out.

Someone else on this board ranked the Wizard as follows below. Personally, I would have put the Death Wizard higher in the listing.

Bottom line, if you are new to the game, or are still early in the game, drop your Ice Wizard. For this Wizard is the poorest choice of any of the other Wizards. Even life is a much better choice, plus everyone will want you on their team.

I really don't mean to insult the Ice Wizards, I know that many have done very well. I just want to warn the new people who are just starting out the pittfalls of the Ice Wizard.

I actually AM an Ice wizard and I personally love it! What does a Death wizard know about Ice? You could write about the "pitfalls" of any school! None are perfect, don't tell people to not choose Ice magic!
Here, I'll write something about Death:

Now, I don't mean to insult Death wizards, but Death is definitely the worst school to choose. Their spells do very little damage so they can heal, but the damage is low and the healing is low, making Death very mediocre. It can't decide if it wants to be like Life or like Storm, so it tries to heal and attack at the same time, resulting in weak damage and weak healing. It lacks in health compared to some other schools, and it's minions aren't very strong. Since it's supposedly for soloing, when you do need help no one will help you, saying "You're a Death wizard, you can do it on your own." Death has a very weak level 48 spell, doing only 400 damage. I'd say Death is the most terrible school ever. From an Ice wizard's point of view

Now, that is definitely not my real opinion, I was just showing you how you could go on insulting any school for hours.

I found your post to be biased, insulting, and highly offensive. Saying "You are still too weak to play in PvP, you don’t have any hitting power, no single spell that will do any real damage" is totally exaggerated. Death spells aren't exactly the strongest spells around, they actually do less than Ice, you know. I have won many PvPs. If you use a few blades and traps ice can be pretty strong. I once won a PvP by shields and healing. The other guy ran out of cards! Ice can be strong in other ways.

I have seen many complaints about Ice, but this post is particularly insulting. Also, it is extremely biased. How can you say all that about Ice without actually being an Ice wizard and it not insult anyone?

Christopher FrostBreeze, currently Level 50 Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Wow...that's just your opinion dude...

I'm an Ice wizard. Always have and always will. We're made to last and be able to take a punch. And...gee...thanks for the thing on PvP...not...My friend and I were planning on trying out PvP together when we both hit lvl 60. She's on the offensive side and I'm on the defensive side. It's all about balance. Would you want all Life wizards or all Storm wizards? No. And if I'm in a hard area with my friends, I always volunteer to go first (unless I lose connection right before the battle...that happened one time in the Great Spyre...=P) so that at least for a little bit most of the attacks will be aimed at me. And when people start dealing heavy damage and healing, I'll have most of my best defense cards ready for the Death and Life wizards.

And with my friend I mentioned earlier, we're a really awesome team. We both have good traps and blades for each other, I defend and heal, but if I don't have any of those spells, I either blade, trap or attack without messing up anyone, and she deals out the really heavy damage while I take the heavy damage aimed at us. And we didn't even plan it that way, it just sorta happened. But an Ice wizard with secondary Life teamed up with a Death wizard with secondary Storm is deadly. IT'S ALL ABOUT BALANCE!

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Why are you so prejudice against Ice? This is bigotry! I can beat someone else with Ice who is Ice and I WON in PvP. It's the defense that tires out the wizard with high Ice armors, helpful shields, and the right boosts and bubble with a toppling health to place the cherry on the top? What kind of mind are you thinking with? I can start boosting while protecting myself from attacks by stealing wards and placing Ice Armor. Others can stall the opponent while I shield away. When they run out of health, I'm already ready to DESTROY any enemy. I can win with any school because I have experience of what to do and when to do it. With experience, anything is possible, including the wonderful Ice.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Ok I know you said you didn't want to offend Ice wizards but you did. We are not the worst school out there. Truth be told, there is no weakest school. All school have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also to appoint your PvP suggestion. I am ice and i have done well, especially against Death, Storm, and Fire.

Yes that's right I'm an Ice wizard and it was my first choice. Ice was my first school when I knew nothing about the game and I did pretty darn well.

If people want Ice to be their first wizard, let it be.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Explorer
May 20, 2010
Ok I know you said you didn't want to offend Ice wizards but you did. We are not the worst school out there. Truth be told, there is no weakest school. All school have their strengths and weaknesses.

I have to agree, with the above poster who said that. My FIRST choice was Ice and I chose that school because I didnt like the one the the test gave me. I LOVE MY ICE WIZARD!!!! (except my name, kinda wish I could take that one back LOL). I have made it all the way to Celestia with my partner in crime, a life wizard, and we have absolutely no problems. It really all in the matter of how you set your deck, and the strategy you use. Seriously dude, if played right, Ice can be, and is, invincible.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
The purpose of my rant, was not to insult the Ice Wizards, it really wasn't.
When I stated the following, I believed it to be true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though my main player is a Death Wizard, my son is an Ice Wizard, Level 56, and I expect to soon be Level 57. I have watched him play and even got into the game to compare the Ice, to Storm, Fire, and Death. I firmly believe the Ice Wizard to be the weakest (just as the list shows above in the first post), with the best health and shielding. I just wanted to warn the new people starting, that Ice may not be the best choice.

My son seems to love his Ice Wizard, and my other son his quite proud of his Fire Wizard. Of the two, only my Ice Wizard son has been disappointed by the Level 58 spell. I have heard no other school complain on their spells. I have watched a number of PvP, and more than a few battles in every world, and I stand my ground on the warning to new students. Ice doesn't hold up well in PvP without Treasure cards, and once in Celestia, it life will be drained fast, imo.

By the way, how do you like being forced fed Taunt on your Level 58 spell?
I dont' see that as another big avantage of the Ice Wizard.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I wouldn't call the class horrible, but as of right now, Ice would be my least favourite class of choice.

The way I see it is this...
Fire and Storm are your 'Pwning' classes - High risk, high reward.
Ice and Life are your 'Stallers' - Outwit and outlast.
Myth, Balance, and Death play uniquely as far as I am concerned.

I think that perhaps to set it apart from Life, Ice should be given some neat little tricks up its sleeve... Maybe an earlier access to Critical Hits, or Stuns, or something? Ice and Life are both defensive in their own way, but Life can use its Power Pips to heal...

But of course, I haven't really played as Ice. I wonder what our veteran Thaumaturges have to say on the situation?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Ice is my second school, and it's a step up fron Life. I still play my Life personna, but when I feel like whacking something, I play with Ice. Some of the Fire and Storm spells are a bit like killing a fly on a plate glass window with a sledge hammer. Personally, I like to see the big guys brought to their knees with a carefully layed trap.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Now you get to enter Celestia, where the Opponents are much smarter, and have a lot more power. They are smart enough to hit you with a small spell to remove “all” your minus fifty shields, and then the next opponent in line can hit you with a ton of damage. Finally the health of the Ice Wizard is at par with the rest of the Wizards, he no longer has any advantage at all. No shields to defend himself, and no power to take the opponents out before he is taken out.

Ok. Some food for thought here. With a 37% resist to all damage, I am a walking tower shield. Throw on fortify (you did get that right?) and my combined resist for four rounds is 57%. Toss in health in excess of 3000 (I made some compromises to get my resist as high as it is) and I can take damage for days.

Lion359 wrote:
In “Celestria, the Ice Wizard must join a battle already in progress, to be able to survive.

This quote is my favorite. Before Celestia, most ice wizards had "retired" because with grand gear, they really weren't necessary. But as soon as I got into test realm, the first thing I noticed? Everyone dusted off their ice grand so that they can live through round one. You know what the number one storm complaint in Celestia is? Our health is too low. I soloed most of Celestia with my ice. Everyone joined me. Not the other way around. And, as to our "weak" spells, that's what things like monstrous are for. I demonstrated in another thread how with gargantuan, my gear boosts, and a single ice blade, I can dish out a snow angel that deals over 1800 damage. And you know what? Because I'm ice, I can live for three rounds to watch my enemies die.

If your "death wizard's point of view" is telling you what you posted, then I think you need to change your point of view. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. Standard battle strategy is to play to your strengths, while mitigating your weaknesses. You clearly have not considered either before posting this. I also have a balance and a myth. I solo with both of them as well. I constantly hear how myth is broken, and how balance can't solo. I don't have any problem with either. That being said, not everyone is mentally predisposed to a play style necessary for every class. That's why they do the personality test at the beginning. Ice requires a lot of patience to maximize its potential. It doesn't sound like you have that. Perhaps, in the future, you should open these sorts of posts with, "in my opinion", and stick to that throughout the post if you don't want to offend people.

Stating your experience as fact is not the same thing as stating facts.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, I am someone who has 2 accounts. When Celestia opened up, I had 7 grandmasters, one from each school. The one I decided to take to Legendary first, was ICE!

Oh, btw, do call Ice weak, ever! Let me tell you a few things about Ice and what it can do.

New Ice Amulet, that is crafted, gives Ice Blade at 45%

My Damp Demon, that is specially bread for Ice, with the talents:
Spritely, Ice Giver +6%, Spell Proof +10%, and Pips +5%
and comes with a Dragon Blade +30%

Ice Blade + 40, Balefrost +35, and Elemental Blades +35

Crafted/Legendary Armor has spell proof at 40% and attacks at 40% and, 110 Critical Attack points, with 40 critical block points.
Our accuracy is nearly 100% and my pips is 87%, I dont even have all my legendary gear.

Now, Take just Frost Giant, our little 48th level spell. It has 475 attack strength plus stun to all. Add Gargantuan 725, plus 45% blade, plus 40% blade that equals 2060 and if that hits critical 4060 in 2 rounds. How much health do you have? that is not including if anyone else throws in an Elemental blade!

Ok, Now, for the sake of Arguement. You do have a snow shield! Good For you! Do you think My Ice wizard cares? NOPE!

Snow Angel has 100 + 660 /3 rounds, add regular Gargantuan = 213 + 773/3
+40% armor attack, +45 Amulet Blade, + 40 Regular Blade = 605 damage first round or 1210 if critical! Ok so you have a shield, so subtract your 70%! Ok, only 181.5 damage first round, but wait, 3 rounds left! Lets see what happens! 773/3 + Bonuses = 733 Damage per round or 1466 per round if critical, for a total of 2197 or 4394 if critical. This is not fully bladed, this is not trapped, this is 2 rounds in. lol Ice is weak? Are you kidding me?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
In my opinion, a game should be based off of how much you enjoy it, rather than winning or losing. Yes, everyone enjoys winning, but if that's the only thing you expect to get out of a game, you'll find yourself disappointed and aggravated.

I've tried every school, hoping to find the "best" one, but I realize the best school is the one you enjoy most. This game is INCREDIBLY balanced, and all schools can be great. It all depends on the player.

I've tried every school, and yet my level 10 Ice wizard is by far my favorite.
You can expect to see me reach Grand soon.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I will say one thing: After Life Wizards, my absolute favourite class to play beside are Ice Wizards. In fact, they are close to beating Life Wizard as my favourite partner.

I am a Fire Wizard. When I meet fire mobs that makes me hide under my bed because I forgot my prisms, or they keep putting up shields that makes my prisms inefficient, the Ice Wizard will be the one cackling with glee. In the same fashion, when we meet Ice Mobs, I laugh like a maniac while the Ice Wizard sits back with popcorn and watches.

Most Pyromancers I have met have it the same way with Thaumaturges. Yes, they don't hit very hard, but to many Pyromancers, that huge array of Ice spells they come with, their various ways of stunning and pulling attention to themselves, as well as shields to curb our suicidal tendency (come on, you know you just love to Immolate) is Santa Claus in spell form.

Ice Wizards, in my opinion, rock. You don't believe me? Roll a Pyromancer and hook up with a skilled Thaumaturge. You will love them too.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
The purpose of my rant, was not to insult the Ice Wizards, it really wasn't.
When I stated the following, I believed it to be true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though my main player is a Death Wizard, my son is an Ice Wizard, Level 56, and I expect to soon be Level 57. I have watched him play and even got into the game to compare the Ice, to Storm, Fire, and Death. I firmly believe the Ice Wizard to be the weakest (just as the list shows above in the first post), with the best health and shielding. I just wanted to warn the new people starting, that Ice may not be the best choice.

My son seems to love his Ice Wizard, and my other son his quite proud of his Fire Wizard. Of the two, only my Ice Wizard son has been disappointed by the Level 58 spell. I have heard no other school complain on their spells. I have watched a number of PvP, and more than a few battles in every world, and I stand my ground on the warning to new students. Ice doesn't hold up well in PvP without Treasure cards, and once in Celestia, it life will be drained fast, imo.

By the way, how do you like being forced fed Taunt on your Level 58 spell?
I dont' see that as another big avantage of the Ice Wizard.

Ok, why does everyone keep calling Ice WEAK? Ice is NOT Weak, not by far. Maybe to people that don't know what they are doing, ice is weak, but to an experienced player. Ice is THE most powerful school in the game.

And if you dont believe me, I will beat you in PVP anytime.

Blaze WinterBreeze LVL 60 Legendary

I can one hit kill anyone and anything!

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

First, I agree with your point about life wizards. But, I mainly disagree. Ice wizards are all around, good tanks. They help by taking a lot of damage, and shielding others to help them take major damage as well. I don't understand what you would know as a death wizard, though. I shouldn't say much, because I am a life wizard, but let's face it, you're not the strongest, and you barely even heal! Try to leave damage out of the equation, and think about everything else instead. I would prefer life or ice over high-damage schools anyday!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Ice USED to be the weakest school in pvp. Not anymore. They are far and away the strongest pvpers in 3v3 and 4v4 in the game and I cringe when I see them on the other side. With a couple of blades and legendary armor they will blow right through your shields with ease. Since they will attack with the snow angel in just a few rounds nobody has time to stack 3-4 ice shields on each person so even with full arena armor I can get hit 500-700 a round. In one game he was so buffed up he was doing 1300 a round damage. Talk about painful.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Ice may not have so much power, but come on! My secondary is life, plus we don't have to heal you, we have tower shield for crying out loud. Are you unaware of what are spells do? Yes you are. Frost Giant stuns all, unlike your other 48 cards. Sure Scarecrow is great, and Storm Lord, but Orthrus isn't so well, but with the right blades it is.

Blake Iceheart Level 45 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
nobody wants your opinon. saying “no ofense” doesnt mean anything, putting shame on ice studants is prejudice. what you say is wrong, plenty of people want to be ice and plenty join them in pvp or any battle for that matter. ice studants are strong, you just have to know how to set up a spell in battle. if your opinion is that long you obviously mean to offend ice people. at least we learn battle skills. if you ask me, battleing is not just your spells its how you fight the battle. i didnt like any of what you said i dont think any other ice people liked it either. i KNOW that there are people that have some pretty nasty things to say about your school.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Think about it this way when everyone on a pvp team dies ice will live and use snowangel. Anyway ice may not have the best attacks but it's ablity to take uncountable amount of damage makes it balacned among the other schools. And i've seen ice wizards pwn. even with low attack. " having a good defense makes a better offense".

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Hello wizards, It's a matter of choice and your personal preference. To the person that says that Celestia eats Ice wizards up, I say "huh"? To the person that said that no one wants an Ice wizard to join, I say the same thing.

Facts in my experience: I have rescued more than my fair share of various wizards in Celestia, and all were most appreciative and not angry to see an Ice wizard join. There is only one boss I could not do on my own in Celestia, basically because there were two 2,400 Ice minions alongside. I have fought 99% of this game solo and have three other Grand wizards who cannot do that. Finally, I can kill just about any 1,500 - 2,000 in 3-4 moves, hardly the epic long drawn-out battles portrayed in the editorials. In 4-5 moves, I can kill all opponents. My arena record as Grand before Celestia is 19-10. I have not fought since then so I don't know the effect of Legend gear yet. Whereas your records may have much better results, my intent is to show you that Ice is no slouch/snail as portrayed. The health and defense is actually quite enviable.

I am glad to see this board has been positive in the way we disagree. We're all here having fun, even if we disagree. Let's keep it fun for all. I hope my message has worked to dissuade people who took the initial post to heart. I think maybe another look at Ice is warranted. If you see Boris Icewielder out there, he'll be looking to save you.....LOL. Have fun out there everyone.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
The first comment is not only against my opinion, but as well has incorrect facts. Firstly the order of attack is this in damage:
1. Storm (Thats abvious.)
2. Fire
3. Myth
4. Balance (Which is slow as it has to power up Judgement. Without Judgement they are ranked lower in power.)
5. Ice ( Its still ranked low but not by much. The schools on this list are close to each other in power, and the only order is how you use it.)
6. Death
7. Life

Just as Boris Iceweilder has said, its mainly preferance. This is coming from a Fire wizard who quested with Boris in Celestia. While the creatures would kill me in to turns, from the point that I get down to 1700 health about. Ice is BEST suited for Celestia, along with Death. Wizard101 battles are just who wins in health differential. Whoever gets the other down to 0 first. Not only is it hard with Ice's health, but with there resistance. They dont need to rely on tower shields, as stated earlier, and need to rely on shields much less than the popular Storm Fire Myth etc. Seriously 3700 health and 39% resist dying ever?! Very funny. Especially if they shield every now and then. Whenever I died it was cause I started, and Boris has healed me endless times. Whenever he starts, in health differential, when I would be down to 500 if I started, he would be at he would be at 2000 health. (The math sounds incorrect but remember the resistance.)

Now to cover the attack. Lets take a look at this. I have seen Ice in action, and they can kick some serious behind. In a few turns they can put up a couple blades, then follow with a frost giant, which with sun school is more powerful than some of the other schools, then consider there "Low ranking attack" has better boosts. A 40%, not a 30-35% blade. Thats a lot of damage. Then consider it stuns. Unlike these "Attacking" schools Ice isnt constantly trying to shield and heal against the onslaught of Celestian attacks, which we all know we've been knocked on our behind, and on the defensive before. But that doesnt happen to Ice knowing they have a cushion of health.