Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 60 and not finished with Celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
I think the quests in Celestia are giving too much XP. I have maxed out at level 60 already and I'm not done with Celestia. Now I feel like I'm wasting my time finishing the remaining quests in Celestia and not gaining any XP for them. GRRRRRRRR

Need to raise the level cap again already lol.

Brand Windweaver
Level 60 Storm Wizard

Hero
May 27, 2009
I agree, and I even gave comments to this effect during Test. I am almost Level 60 and just reached the Crab Empire. It's going to be Dragonspyre all over again, doing quests for NO experience. I thought it was going to be difficult to reach Level 60, not as easy as it's turning out to be.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I would have to agree. I do remember when dragonspyre had it's experience raised. The idea was that you should get from lvl 44 to 50 by doing everything. With Celestia, going from 48-50 to 60 is easy with all the experience, and it is the biggest world yet. It needs to go down a bit

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I agree, I am lvl60 and I haven't even started the Crab Empire. I guess doing all the side quests, while they give good rewards, they give massive rewards with exp. Some quests give 20k exp, and I enjoy that I really do because the last thing I want is this game to become another "grind-bore-fest"(ummm... Maple Story anyone?).

Just look on the bright side, you can actually lvl descently in your spare time and not have to take 5-8hrs to multiple days just to reach one lvl. I know its a tad bit annoying having to quest with no exp, but it will get better. I guess we will have to stick to the story line when the next world comes out so we dont lvl to fast.

lvl60 Legendary Pryomancer Valkoor LotusSlinger

Community Leader
I believe this is because of side quests. Just like DS if you have done all sides you should be level 50 by the time you hit the lab, if not before. Side quests are just that unneeded but can give special drops , items, possible training points ect.....

I have been testing this and my Myth has done no sides and only level 55 at science center. I will more than likely hit 60 by the time I go to Solarium or trails. I will go back and still do quests even if I don't gain xp.

eh, only my opinion.

edited: Added where I am now-
I just made it to the Solarium( temple of sun) instance right be fore last instance of game and my myth is only level 58. This is with no sides.except the callor,sandwich and tea set for training points.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
If you find you are leveling too quickly, stick to the main quest line and leave the side quests. The main quest line does not give enough experience to level from 50-60.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
I have to agree with lowering the amount of exp given. My life GM reached 52 before doing Malistaire for the first time,