Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weak slay Oni?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I saw many weaks with Oni slayer badge. I wish that badge is like Malistaire, need to finish the quest, not just defeat it.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Jade Oni is actually fairly easy if you have a good player in your group who can handle the damage, and blade+trap him hard enough that he will die. I openly admit that I've pulled in a lower level friend or two who helped putting up traps and global spells to kill him faster.

But, considering that it's a quest needed to actually get from Mooshu to Dragonspyre... I don't mind that lower levels have the badge. It's not like they finish the quest before time and get to Dragonspyre anyway, and I find it more troubling with level 20-players running around with Shark Slayer badges (mostly because, face it, Jade Oni is a LOT easier than the Celestia mobs).

Historian
May 28, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
Jade Oni is actually fairly easy if you have a good player in your group who can handle the damage, and blade+trap him hard enough that he will die. I openly admit that I've pulled in a lower level friend or two who helped putting up traps and global spells to kill him faster.

But, considering that it's a quest needed to actually get from Mooshu to Dragonspyre... I don't mind that lower levels have the badge. It's not like they finish the quest before time and get to Dragonspyre anyway, and I find it more troubling with level 20-players running around with Shark Slayer badges (mostly because, face it, Jade Oni is a LOT easier than the Celestia mobs).

But is marked "Oni slayer"
That mean he slayed all the Onis. Just like you have spiral savior just port and kill. You must not have something like this

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I obtained the Oni Slayer badge through a friend pulling me to Mooshu while I was still in Marleybone, and into the Jade Oni battle. You don't have to kill any other Oni but the Jade Oni for the badge.

From what I recall, it is the Peacemaker badge you recieve once you have killed all of the Oni.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I saw many weaks with Oni slayer badge. I wish that badge is like Malistaire, need to finish the quest, not just defeat it.
and what does that have to do with you?