Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i need some answers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
i have a big problem and i need it fixed fast. the problem that i am haveing is that on tuesday i am going to need a way to transfer my progress from my home computer to my labtop i havent figured out a way to do this without haveing to start over AND I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT i have JUST gotten to celestia and am LV 54 MYTH flint myth blade can someone maybe a site administrater please let me know what i should do because i may just stop playing and i dont want to do that

You can stop freaking out. The answer is right in our Help & Support section under Frequently Asked Questions.

Your Wizard is safely stored at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. Even if you uninstall Wizard101 from your computer, your Wizard, all the belongings and experience earned is still safe.

When you reinstall, it may look like your Wizard is still wearing his/her starter outfit, but they're not, it just takes a little time for your computer to download all images of the clothing and items that you're wearing, so don't panic! You can verify that your Wizard is still wearing their higher level clothing by looking at it in your backpack.

To redownload the game once you're at your new location, click this link:
https://www.wizard101.com/downloadGame/OtherDownload

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
thatrel123 wrote:
i have a big problem and i need it fixed fast. the problem that i am haveing is that on tuesday i am going to need a way to transfer my progress from my home computer to my labtop i havent figured out a way to do this without haveing to start over AND I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT i have JUST gotten to celestia and am LV 54 MYTH flint myth blade can someone maybe a site administrater please let me know what i should do because i may just stop playing and i dont want to do that

I think that what Zeke is trying to tell you is that it doesn't matter which computer you use. After you download Wizard 101 (the game) onto your new LAPTOP computer, you would login the same way that you did on your old home computer. It goes by your LOGIN I.D., not which computer you are using.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
so zeke what your saying is that all have to is log into the game and go the faq page and click the link for the reinstall? let me know if thats what you were saying thanks FLINTMYTHBLADE lvl54

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
thatrel123 wrote:
so zeke what your saying is that all have to is log into the game and go the faq page and click the link for the reinstall? let me know if thats what you were saying thanks FLINTMYTHBLADE lvl54

Yes. It doesn't matter what computer you use (as long as it's not a Mac); as long as you're using the same log in everything should be fine.

Explorer
May 20, 2010
I think that what Zeke is trying to tell you is that it doesn't matter which computer you use. After you download Wizard 101 (the game) onto your new LAPTOP computer, you would login the same way that you did on your old home computer. It goes by your LOGIN I.D., not which computer you are using.

Honeybee is correct. All you have to do is download the game to the laptop, and sign in. My husband and I play together all the time, and his computer died (its now in pieces scattered across my livingroom floor lol), and he has been using my secondary laptop for a week, no problems at all, and we have characters in Celestia, DS, and everywhere else in the spiral.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Just install wizard101 onto the new computer and type in your old username and password and everything should be back to normal except on your new computer instead.

bravevline wrote:
Just install wizard101 onto the new computer and type in your old username and password and everything should be back to normal except on your new computer instead.

Just be aware, that you will be downloading everything in the background again! You may see wooden golems instead of creatures, crates instead of furniture - don't panic - you are re-downloading everything to the new computer.

The first time you log in, the higher level your character the longer you will be downloading.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Jan 03, 2009
You've never played W101 on another computer in your life? I find that hard to believe, it doesn't matter if you're on another computer, your account can go to any computer with W101 and internet connection. :-)