Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeletal Dragon kinda weak don't you think?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Personally, I think the Skeletal Dragon isn't weak.
I can explain it in 3 reasons at the top of my head...
And also, I think it's a little too strong.
Reason 1. On my death wizard, I often like using it with death blade and spirit blade, and putting a death trap for each turn. That seems to defeat most people in PVP, and bosses.
Reason 2. The damage is almost par with Leviathan, since it is 200+810 over 3 turns. that is 1010 damage, just 20 less than Leviathan. That is not weak at all.
Reason 3. Death damage is (or was) always low. I did a chart on damage of schools, and I used rank 3 spells, since all schools had a 3 pip damage spell.
And thus, death ranks tied for 2nd lowest damage, so having 1010 damage for rank 8 spell is a lot.
(Storm:375-435, Fire:295-355, Myth:265-325, Death, Life, Balance tied at 245-305, and ice at 240-300)...
Well, and the part where it says why does death only have 1 hit all enemy spell? Myth and Life also only have 1.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
wizard8083 wrote:
I think the strongest spell in the whole game is a genie

Efreet...

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
One i don't think Skeletal dragon is weak it very strong spell when it go critical.I say critical Skeletal will do over 1,000 damage then it does 1,100-1,300 over 3 round with trap it can over 2,000 damage over 3 round.

try figure out i was help level 36 ice wizard duel jade oni and first time i summon skeletal dragon it go critical with one death blade and normal fient and item card fient it does over 10,000 base damage to jade oni.

William HexGrove level 58 in death

Defender
May 17, 2009
Skeletal Dragon does much more and it is the 2nd strongest final spell, and you complain about it? The only reason ice got snow angel is because it is a strong AoE, which ice has none of. And even that comes with a price: taunt. You death wizards are lucky, you got a spell only 20 weaker than leviathan, and it is a DoT. Seriously everyone needs to stop complaining about great things.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
i say that ever since i got it i havent lost yet (got ityesterday) but what i want to say is that used right Deathblade, spirit Blade and death traps and maybe a critical and you got a very strong spell

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
nilrem100 wrote:
Well thats why people need to put a lot of traps on people. We got feint,curse,deathblade, spiritblade and death trap.. Well spirit blade if you choose to. I learned to put a lot of traps that way it causes a lot of damage. Also it's pretty unfair. Fire Dragons hit all enemies and Skeletal Dragons not!!! We barely get any damage for crying out loud! Scarecrow is weaker that Wraith so we need higher damage spells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem, Level 51 Necromancer!!!

Hey nilrem100. Scarecrow is less damage than wraith because it hits all enemies. All enemies spells are always weaker than single hitter equivalents. Skeletal Dragon does way more damage than Efreet, and almost as much damage as leviathan. Since storm and fire are supposed to be the two biggest hitting classes in the game, that should make you feel at least a little better on the fairness scale.
orly now? Tell me when you hit over 20000 with skeleton dragon.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I think skeletal dragon is a strong spell. I just don't like how it does damage over 3 rounds. There are two reasons why I don't like the attacking over 3 rounds thing. #1-Lets say I have 300 health left in battle and skeletal dragon can kill the enemy in one hit so I cast it but i have to wait 3 rounds for him to die. Then on the first round or second round he uses a 300 damage spell which kills me right away. Thats the first reason. #2-Once again skeletal dragon could kill the enemy in one hit but since it attacks for 3 rounds, the enemy could use regenerate or any other strong healing spell to heal and then he wont die like I planned. That is the second reason. So ya, skeletal dragon is strong in my opinion but I just hate the 3 rounds thing.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009

I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog, and frankly, that's not a very powerful spell.

Myth has humungofrog and earthquake

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Steve365 wrote:
i was wondering why is the skeletal dragon weak.
!st it hits like 200-300 each round
2nd its not even to all enemies like snow angel

i would rather have snow angel than skeletal dragon its my opinion
And btw how come death gets only one spell that hits all ememies???

Plz kingsisle create more spells that hits all ememies

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

First of all, I just have to say this:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!
Skeletal Dragon is the second most powerful spell in the game, and you want it to do more damage? If it did any more damage, it would be doing over 1000 damage. If you boosted with deathblade and spiritblade and gargantuan, it could 1-hit kill almost all bosses in the game. And really, if skeletal dragon hit all enemies, it would be completely unfair in PvP and way too strong in any battle. Even though it does most of it's damage over 3 rounds, it does right around 1,000 DAMAGE. If that attacked all enemies, that would be a level 78 or 88 spell.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
nilrem100 wrote:
Well thats why people need to put a lot of traps on people. We got feint,curse,deathblade, spiritblade and death trap.. Well spirit blade if you choose to. I learned to put a lot of traps that way it causes a lot of damage. Also it's pretty unfair. Fire Dragons hit all enemies and Skeletal Dragons not!!! We barely get any damage for crying out loud! Scarecrow is weaker that Wraith so we need higher damage spells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfric Nilrem Von Shadowgem, Level 51 Necromancer!!!

Hey nilrem100. Scarecrow is less damage than wraith because it hits all enemies. All enemies spells are always weaker than single hitter equivalents. Skeletal Dragon does way more damage than Efreet, and almost as much damage as leviathan. Since storm and fire are supposed to be the two biggest hitting classes in the game, that should make you feel at least a little better on the fairness scale.
i agree because cyclops and humongofrog are the same

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
alec981024 wrote:
I think skeletal dragon is a strong spell. I just don't like how it does damage over 3 rounds. There are two reasons why I don't like the attacking over 3 rounds thing. #1-Lets say I have 300 health left in battle and skeletal dragon can kill the enemy in one hit so I cast it but i have to wait 3 rounds for him to die. Then on the first round or second round he uses a 300 damage spell which kills me right away. Thats the first reason. #2-Once again skeletal dragon could kill the enemy in one hit but since it attacks for 3 rounds, the enemy could use regenerate or any other strong healing spell to heal and then he wont die like I planned. That is the second reason. So ya, skeletal dragon is strong in my opinion but I just hate the 3 rounds thing.

Thats what fire wizards have had to deal with all their wizard lives lol except for efreet which helps a lot

Historian
May 01, 2010
jennyajtim wrote:
alec981024 wrote:

Thats what fire wizards have had to deal with all their wizard lives lol except for efreet which helps a lot

yea, but this is only deaths second DoT, we have experience (the pyromancers) and use it accordingly, my tip, waiting for DoT to run out, gives a good chance to heal and regroup before the match is over

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Idk I will get it some day.

~Chris IceBlade Lvl60 Ice.
~Matthew DeathHeart Lvl 13/14 I forgot .

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
thunderbird120 wrote:
Dude... It's the strongest spell in the game behind leviathan and you want it to do MORE!?

How can it be the strongest spell in the game if its behind Leviathan?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
How is it weak? How? With some blades, some traps, and a critical, you can do a ridiculous amount of damage! Like thunderbird said: It's the second strongest spell in the game and you want it to do MORE?!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Skeletal Dragon is anything but weak. Compare it to Leviathan.

SD Total Damage: 1010

Lev Total Damage: 1030

Skeletal Dragon only does 20 less damage than Leviathan. It's the second-strongest spell in the game by an EXTREMELY THIN margin.

Death has a higher blade percentage that Storm as well. Do some equations and you'll find that with just a couple turns of prep, Skeletal Dragon WILL be the strongest spell in the game.

Don't write a card off as weak just because of its initial damage. That's judging a book by its cover. Open it up and see what's on the INSIDE, then you can call it whatever you want.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Nope, because if you properly boost a bone dragon, all it takes its a bone dragon and a single wraith to take down most non-death bosses, tower shield happy ice elites, and death shield happy life mobs.

A critical bone dragon with death blade, spirit blades, and sun boost will destroy the jade oni and the earth spirit in ds.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

I think it looks weak, but the damage varies.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

I think it looks weak, but the damage... well THAT'S different.

~Valkloor Duskrunner Lv. 39 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Steve365 wrote:

Blaze Deathbreaker
Thx

Hey Blaze. Snow angel doesn't do nearly as much damage, but you're right, it attacks all (and taunts them though personally I think that part is useless). Skeletal Dragon is AWESOME for attacking a boss, but i wouldn't personally use it on general principal. If you add gargantuan to it (which you can do since its a damage spell and not a steal spell) and buff much at all, it does some amazing damage and is particularly useful for life bosses since they tend to spam death shields.

On the only one spell hitting all enemies front... I think it may be a spirit group thing. Life didn't get an AoE (Area of Effect) spell until the release of Forest Lord (their rank 8 spell) and scarecrow is still the only AoE spell in the game that hurts and heals at the same time. I believe that Myth only has one as well which is humongofrog, and frankly, that's not a very powerful spell.

um myth also get earthquake too you know so myth has 2 AoE spells and Death has 1. and i wish that death a one more AoE spell it would be really helpful :)

<3brianna<3

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I agree....... I don't really think that deaths would be over-time fans. It's very cool and all, but I think it needs to be all enemies, and like......actually I think all enemies is what Scarecrow is for.Lol. But the skeletal dragon should not be a damge-over-time-spell.No offense, but thats what Fire does. :?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Str38k wrote:
I agree....... I don't really think that deaths would be over-time fans. It's very cool and all, but I think it needs to be all enemies, and like......actually I think all enemies is what Scarecrow is for.Lol. But the skeletal dragon should not be a damge-over-time-spell.No offense, but thats what Fire does. :?

Making SD an AOE attack would make it the single most powerful spell in all of the Spiral by a HUGE margin. Skeletal Dragon already does only ten less damage than Leviathan, a STORM spell, why do they need to boost it up some more? Complaining Necromancers need to learn to appreciate what they get, honestly.

And DOT is not strictly limited to Pyromancers. Death, Ice, and Storm all have at least one DOT as well.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
eh skeletal dragon is kinda weak but snow angel is strong i did a 900 over time on it(snow angel) - Amber Ice heart LvL 60

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
PinkIce777 wrote:
eh skeletal dragon is kinda weak but snow angel is strong i did a 900 over time on it(snow angel) - Amber Ice heart LvL 60

Weak? SD could easily top that 900 with as much boosts as you would HAVE to have put on Snow Angel to get 900.